Archived Dropping like Flies

Status
Not open for further replies.
At my store it is not looking good at all..... Team members are quitting we lost one exec 2 weeks ago and we just two more TLS in the backroom it is not looking good at all. Christmas time we were sort of getting shaky and now it is really going way,way down hill I fear for my store I have no idea what's going on whether it's the leadership or it is people are burnt out. I know work can be awful at times ( trust me I know) I have had my moments but I really don't want my store to become a casualty after ( some) Target closures last year I mean we are a low volume store so anything could happen I guess I am just worried.

I honestly would be surprised if Target closed a lot of stores right now. With the Canadian Stores closing, they have their plates full and it will easy the burden on all stores being super profitable. I know we've lost some leaders lately but its all be because they just got fed up with crap not because of anything else.

We're in danger of losing some ETLs. Guest Surveys, conversion, and a bunch of other things are bleeding red. Food Ave satisfaction is at 0% because we're wicked understaffed and not open half the time. We had a DTL visit on Friday and from what I hear it did not go very well...

They have a "sense of urgency" about quitting. I've heard that about 10 times everyday for about two weeks. That and ... "I know we're tasky, but ..."

For team members, I think people who have been with the company awhile have slowly come to terms...that the old Spot is gone for good. While, people who havent been with the company long enough to recall Spots glory days....realize its not all its cracked up to be. The constant fight for hours and having to worry about qualifying for benefits every year...along with the increase of workload along with the decrease of hours.... and just a lack of being treated with common respect. For the etls I think new crop of etls realize the Spot Kool Aid isnt all its cracked up to be...while their college buddies are working Mon-Fri with all major holidays off...they are working every other weekend and most Holidays...they also realize that a snazzy title doesn't really mean all that much. .. in the grand scheme of things. .We had a etl leave about 5 months ago...she had been with the company for over 20 years. ...she told all of us she was tired of being expected to get a job done without the resources to do it ( ie payroll). Spot needs a CEO and Board of Directors who actually know what its like to work at the store level.... Until Spot actually listens to its team members and takes their feed back to heart things will keep going downhill.

Last edited:
Seems like we are all losing quite a few tm's. Not any more than last year at my Super T, but I think most people just can't do the 15 hours a week thing.

It was like this last summer at my store, people were running for the hills at the height of back to school, leaving us severely understaffed and frustrated. But this week our (and by this I mean everyone in the store) favorite ETL is leaving for a new job, deservedly so, and I fear for how the store is going to fall apart without that ETL's strong leadership. Lots of people won't last.

This sounds just like my store. I don't want to give out exact numbers but I think we lost a good 1/5 ish of our tea members in the last month. Not counting the seasonals they let go.

Yea, we just lost an etl and TMs have been leaving slowly, but surely. I have to stay until I get my dental work finished. If I find a job before then, I'd change my availability to something super minimal, I guess until I get it all finished. I just can't live on 30 hour pay checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back