Archived Drug tests?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMNDZ bruhh

Former Backroom Dayside
Does anyone know why target dosent do random drug tests? Ive been at target for about 2 years and not once have i been drug tested except for the time i got hired... Someone said that they will only test you if they think your on something or you get hurt doing something.

It's expensive and dangerous to accuse someone of being under the influence without proof. The only time I hear it's done consistently is if there was an incident or accident involving power equipment.

Not just power equipment. Any injury requiring a visit to the ER or doctor's office is enough to trigger the request for a drug test.

Not just power equipment. Any injury requiring a visit to the ER or doctor's office is enough to trigger the request for a drug test.

This is true but in the 10 years I was at Target I never saw them do it once. I am curious if that was just the stores I was at or everywhere?

This is true but in the 10 years I was at Target I never saw them do it once. I am curious if that was just the stores I was at or everywhere?

Walmart ALWAYS requests a Drug Test, anytime a associate incurs a injury that requires medical attention.

One of my friends worked in Auto, and had his foot run over.. Before he even received attention in the ER, they requested he be drug tested..

It's right in the handbook-- Target CAN drug-test you randomly if they suspect you are under the influence of something, or if you get in any sort of accident with power equipment. Obviously if you are taking prescription medications that happen to be narcotics you'll let the drug testing center know that, they'll call your doctor to confirm, and you'll be fine. But anything else, nnnnope! You're outta there.

A TM I know ran over his foot with a pallet jack pulling a pallet from the truck during the trailer unload. They did require him to take a drug test, so I have seen it happen. Never seen any random testing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back