Archived Dry cracked hands for inbound TM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently started as an inbound/flow team member, but I've noticed my hands getting dry and cracked from handling all the boxes. Everyone else at my store seems to be find from what I've seen. Does anyone else have any issues too? I thought about getting a pair of work gloves but I don't know if that's too much. I already put lotion on before and after work, and during my break.

Cardboard and money suck the moisture out of your hands. Gloves and lotion are really all you can do.

I have the same problem and can’t do much about it other than moisturizing it on my breaks. I saw some cream at Walmart one day which was particularly for ‘working hands’
O’Keeffe’s® Working Hands® Hand Cream. It’s around $6. I didn’t try it till now . But just saw good ratings for the same.

Get the gloves (they'll also protect you from cuts, scrapes, etc), and apply liberal amounts of lotion. And yes, as @glo said, corrugated boxes are absolutely awful for drying out your skin.

There's a product called "Bag Balm" you can find in many drug stores.
It's a real stiff ointment that you can slather on but it works best if you apply before bedtime & wear cotton gloves.
Several of the freezer gals swear by it.

I was getting blisters on my hands, getting cold sweats, and my back ached. Turns out I was allergic to work.

I have the same problem and can’t do much about it other than moisturizing it on my breaks. I saw some cream at Walmart one day which was particularly for ‘working hands’
O’Keeffe’s® Working Hands® Hand Cream. It’s around $6. I didn’t try it till now . But just saw good ratings for the same.

My store sells this currently. Two different versions on a sidecap in health & beauty. There's also a Burt's Bees hand cream that is very similar, located in the naturals aisle in beauty.

This is the best on your hands

When ever I touch cardboard, I put on gloves. If I am working with cardboard for more than 10 minutes, I put lotion on my hands and then gloves. Nothing to expensive, just a layer between your hands and the elements.

I'm a big fan of the Aveda hand cream. It's a bit expensive, but worth it. I would also second (third? fourth? fifth?) gloves. My hands have been getting so cracked they bleed, and actually had a guest recommend New-Skin, which is the liquid bandage (for the little cracks). Our market TMs wear gloves, so why can't inbound?

I've recently started as an inbound/flow team member, but I've noticed my hands getting dry and cracked from handling all the boxes. Everyone else at my store seems to be find from what I've seen. Does anyone else have any issues too? I thought about getting a pair of work gloves but I don't know if that's too much. I already put lotion on before and after work, and during my break.

I agree get gloves. You only need the cheap type like garden/outside work gloves. They have decent ones for $3 or 4 at home depot. I see some with heavier gloves and they actually don't work great if you need to separate anything in a repack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back