Archived DTL Visits

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobycord

Know a little bit of info about a lot of stuff
just wondering, who else's store runs around the day or two before like the worlds gonna end when there's about to be a visit from the DTL? We were in my store until 1am getting ready for our visit. I'm pretty sure they knew about this visit way in advance and if the ETL team was that worried about it then ALL of them including my STL should've been there with us. Okay rant over......what they're worried about is how she's gonna look at the store and ask how the hell all these hours are being shaved but every tornado that's touched down this year looks like it's run through our store.....alright rant really over

We have basically zero hours to go around. When they heard about a GVP visit for today they called me in on my day off. Pretty sure they'll let flow loose early tomorrow.

haha I was wondering why the ETL was frantically calling a bunch of people asking if they could come and it just dawned on me the DTL is coming by. RIP the ETL's at my store, the grocery looks like a tornado hit because we were cut so many hours

Our DTL visits every week, it's nothing special anymore. The visits go unannounced. We had Janna Pots visit a few weeks ago. That was a bit bigger but even then they didn't throw payroll around to make the store nice and tidy.

I've noticed a lot of frequent DTL visits when new upper leadership is in place such as newly enrolled TL's, ETL's, STL's. I've learned if you follow "best practices" from the high level and it trickles down to the "little guy/gal", you should have nothing to worry about. Thing is that just about every Target I hear about cuts corners in some way, form or fashion.

nah pretty chill here we do most things right most of the time so we are usually in ok shape. When we aren't the problems get spoken to and we fix them.

Yup, we go nuts for visits. Ridiculous. My favorite STL always said let them come--we are on process, but not my current one.

Our DTL shows up once a week, usually the same day every week. Nobody seems to run around as much anymore. He just comes in, checks the usual areas (seasonal especially) and that's about it.

DTL comes in every week and we had group leader in 3 times with in the last month. They stopped worrying about the how the stores looks earlier this year when the DTL said he would only be looking at signature categories on visits this year.

IF our Dtl has been in our building three times since the first of the year....I would be surprised. My how times have changed

just wondering, who else's store runs around the day or two before like the worlds gonna end when there's about to be a visit from the DTL? We were in my store until 1am getting ready for our visit. I'm pretty sure they knew about this visit way in advance and if the ETL team was that worried about it then ALL of them including my STL should've been there with us. Okay rant over......what they're worried about is how she's gonna look at the store and ask how the hell all these hours are being shaved but every tornado that's touched down this year looks like it's run through our store.....alright rant really over

STL andbETLs didn't help prep for the visit.??
No point for TMs to have any urgency in their prep efforts,

I think the 3tl's (ETL's STL) are in some dodo @ my store. They run around like squirrels cleaning setting back stocking pushing blowing payroll. So yeah, for announced visits, on salute.

My DTL was here yesterday. She comes every week now, but the store's getting good reviews, she seems satisfied, and all the leads are chill about it. The store doesn't look terrible, though with hours it could look a lot better.

At the end she even helped us work out Clearance as a part of the transition. And to be fair, she did a pretty good job on the endcaps.

We just had a visit 2 days ago. Our ETL does the same thing. She's so worried about making everything look super clean in the backroom ONLY when there's about to be a visit. Otherwise regularly when I make time to sweep and spiffy up the messes get told not to waste time and get started updating locations instead lol. If only I could get that TL position

We don't add hours for visits. That's a rabbit hole. A formal visit is still a big deal and we do a lot of work to prep, but we've turned around our store from what it was a year ago and our DTL recognizes that.

We had a dtl visit last week and only got like a 2 Hour notice not much was done cause we are always ready for a visit. We also got the dtl to help break down a freezer pallet it was awesome.

Yes. Let's put off everything hat needs to be done until the night before. And then expect the cashiers to do their normal job plus everything else.

Our store isn't terrible so no one freaks out, we usually get a DTL visit twice a month, sometimes with the RTL and 1 or 2 other people who I don't know.

I work at a fairly isolated store, so luckily (or unluckily, as it can get people to freak out even more when it happens). We only get a DTL visit every couple months.

Yes. Let's put off everything hat needs to be done until the night before. And then expect the cashiers to do their normal job plus everything else.
Hey I know you only have two closing cashiers and were down on redcards and have had loads of guests but can you also do a pickup in swimwear and zone girls and fill bullseye and also fill these endcaps that were tied but not set or filled....

When we have a really big visit they add a lot of hours so we have a big closing team. We also have a bunch of cashiers the day of the visit. It's so funny because everyone answers calls for back ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back