Answered Dumb newbie question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm a pretty new cashier. I've noticed that a lot of questions here get answered with "talk to your ETL"... but what if I never see my ETL. I think I've seen one of my assigned TLs one time in two weeks and my ETL maybe twice. At the register I'm always a bit confused about who is in charge of me each day. I always check in at guest services so that they can tell me where they want me but it's not always clear who is actually in charge at the front at any given time. I only go into the office to clock-in/out or on my break so if my assigned TL or ETL doesn't happen to be sitting there at the exact right time I never see anyone official I can talk to. Should my assigned TL and ETL have had a full conversation with me at this point? Is this normal??

Hi! Most of the questions on TBR that are answered with “talk to your ETL” are either ASANTS questions or are security sensitive questions that shouldn’t be answered on a public forum. Not seeing your TL or ETL for days/weeks at a time can be pretty normal depending on the shift that you work, but for the front end there should be someone in charge who can answer your questions. Check with whoever gives you your break/ meal period assignment and ask them, or ask the office when your TL/ETL will be available to speak with. In my experience, veteran TMs can answer most technical questions, or tell you who to ask. Good luck, and
8F38858F-1B85-410E-BA7B-6489CFBDCEE1.jpeg

Modernization has empowered many tm’s to be self driven in the respect that no one is actually “watching” you, which most tm that know what to do find as a relief. So clock in, go to your register, ring guest til break, ring guests some more, punch out. You are an adult after all and should have had training on what to do - hand holding is not necessary.
If you are new I understand your frustration in feeling like there is no support when something arises where you need assistance. Hopefully another cashier can help if there is an issue you can’t solve. Feel free to grab a Walkie if cashiers at your store are allowed to call for assistance.
Many stores have some leadership out on LOA right now so the leaders that are left are stretched thin. Learn the leaders in your store, even if they are not GSTL’s they should be able to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back