Archived Dumb questions from Guests......really..... you have to ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@gsaprncess

Looking at Yelp reviews is so frustrating tbh

"The only thing I don't like is when they push their Target Red Card when I'm in a rush. It's like "no, just give me my receipt please"."

Buddy we don't like pushing it any more than you like hearing about it, the difference is you won't get hounded about it after you leave.

Those guests who ask you where the restroom is when their in just about the furthest possible location. Or asking where the pharmacy is. Jesus Christ. Do you sell Amazon gift cards? Do you sell kindles? Do you know where I can find an item which you give a very very very vague description of? Guests who say 'I guess I'll just have to stop by Walmart" as they are slowly walking away. Oh yeah, you really offended me!
We used to sell kindles. I bought mine there :cool:

I mean it's not really a question but I was looking at my stores yelp and I found this.... Honestly I can't believe people are this dumb.
I have to say, when you look online, and it shows the cartwheel, it says, "add in cartwheel to redeem in store." It makes it look like you can order for in-store pick-up and use the cartwheel & both stores near me have always let me use it on electronic items (mine & another one). The comment about "always say no" is kind of asinine though....

I mean it's not really a question but I was looking at my stores yelp and I found this.... Honestly I can't believe people are this dumb.

I have to say, when you look online, and it shows the cartwheel, it says, "add in cartwheel to redeem in store." It makes it look like you can order for in-store pick-up and use the cartwheel & both stores near me have always let me use it on electronic items (mine & another one). The comment about "always say no" is kind of asinine though....

It's even an option on the online pickup order screen. When we check it, there's an option to fix the price or something like that, and one of the options in that menu is to add cartwheel. So I get where that guest is coming from.

Earlier this year I had a guest ask if we had a New England Patriots Super Bowl Champ hoodie (my store is in the Midwest). When I told her that we wouldn't get such an item our area she pulled out the old "it says online that you have it". She reasoned that stores way out of the Patriot's region should have them since they had just won the Super Bowl! I walked over to Fan Central to give a look. I set that area often and we DO occasionally get mis-picks ( but never anything from SO far away). I scanned thru everything looking for something out of the ordinary (like a hoodie for a Northeastern football team in the middle of all of our Midwest sports team shirts) and found nothing. I told her we didn't have it. She walked away (without saying thank you) muttering about how it said on Target.com that we had it. When I got home I got onto Target.com and searched up New England Patriots, EVERY SINGLE item offered said it was online only! How can guests navigate the internet and Target.com, locate the item they wish to buy, read the description and somehow not see the online only on that page?? This amazes me every time it happens.

They stopped a couple of years ago. Right about the time my husband was looking to buy me a Kindle for my birthday. He ended up going to Best Buy.
I know....we got mine shortly before we stopped selling them as well. We had to buy my MIL's elsewhere too. People act like it's the stupidest question in the world, though.....it's really not because we DID a few years ago.....

When a guess brings you a random box and asks you if you can tell them how it works.. I politely (and sarcastically) say "Well, lets read the back of the box together and maybe we can figure it out"..
but seriously...

Guest: "Ma'am, do you have blah blah blah and where is it?"

Self: *looks at a basket with various items in it, the shopping list in my hand, the purse hanging on my shoulder * "Sir/Ma'am, I am sorry, but I am off of the clock."

Guest:" Well your still in your uniform!"

Self thinking "Oh yeah my bad! Let me run back to our high end locker room, with showers, towels and a clean changing area so I can change out of my
" uniform " and get into street clothes!"

*continues to shop*

On my break:
Guest: can you tell me how much this is?
Me: no, but there's a scanner right there (points to scanner literally 2' away)
Guest: you mean you don't know?
Me: sorry, I don't
Guest: well, can't you look it up?
Me: no, I'm on my break and don't have the equipment I need, BUT THERE'S A SCANNER RIGHT THERE THAT WILL TELL YOU
Guest: can't you scan it for me?
Me: sorry, I am off the clock, BUT YOU CAN SCAN IT YOURSELF!
Guest: that's why I'd rather shop at Walmart.
Me: because their employees know the price of every item in their store?
Guest: no, because they would do it for me!
Me: unless I'm mistaken, they don't have price scanners throughout the store so their customer can check prices themselves....
Guest: whatever....
Me: (in a sickeningly sweet voice) Have a nice day!

I then watched her walk 10 feet to another TM to ask the price. Said TM directed her to the scanner because he didn't have anything to check :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back