Archived Dumb questions from Guests......really..... you have to ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Italics specify internal monologue* I was zoning Toys, and a guest comes up to me and says "Is this the toys department?" Lady walked down 3/4 of a valley filled with toys. No, the aisles are just filled with toys under the big sign that says Toys because someone thought it would be funny. "Yes it is, can I help you find something?" "No, I was just wondering if this was the Toys department."

Targets are pretty big stores. I think yall feel that way because you know where your stores stuff is by heart. But I do realize some ppl need to just friggin look before they ask. When I worked at a gas station a person would walk right past the atm and ask me where the atm is......really tho? And this gas station was pretty damn small....

I just had my first "Do you work here?" today. I have been here for about 1.5 years!

Also, this guest is a regular. She used to come every Wednesday night. We all knew she was here when the GSTL said "Hey team, it is Wednesday night!" That was her warning because this particular guest has a nickname - "The Man Hater" She used to do just about anything to avoid males. Today, she comes up to me and asks me if I work here and if I could help her find something. After we were done, She said "Sorry to bother you." I replied"That is what I am here for, to help you guys." She said "That is what I thought, but I wasn't sure. It made my day in a strange way.

Last edited:
Is there some sign or something that tells guest we work there even tho we are in street clothes? I had a guest ask me where something was i looked at him and said i dont work here.
They smell "the retail" on you.
*me sprays myself all over with sanitizer*
Get it off! GET IT OFF!!!

Targets are pretty big stores. I think yall feel that way because you know where your stores stuff is by heart. But I do realize some ppl need to just friggin look before they ask. When I worked at a gas station a person would walk right past the atm and ask me where the atm is......really tho? And this gas station was pretty damn small....

I agree. Sometimes I notice guests have been searching a lot for an item and if they don't find it they ask me. I don't have a problem with that. I have had guests that just came in, grabbed their cart, and if I'm in the front they start asking me questions. Uhmm would it hurt to show any effort in finding things you want to buy? Lol it's just my perspective

Is there some sign or something that tells guest we work there even tho we are in street clothes? I had a guest ask me where something was i looked at him and said i dont work here.

I had this issue and I pretty much just went "um I don't know no i don't work here BYE" and kind of escaped down an aisle

Presses end dime I come out backroom guest is standing in front big call of duty display w/ graphics, t-shirts, ect & asks if this is the new one? Yes. Am I sure.

The following makes me die a little bit inside every time:
Guest walks up to me, looks me in the eyes, then looks at my shirt, then looks me in the eyes again and then says:
"Excuse me, do you work here?"
Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!! Nope just walking around with a Target shirt and name tag just to mess with people.:gamer3:

And it's even funnier when I'm wearing a walkie and using a PDA.
Or on the top of a ladder.

I love it when i have a key, am unlocking a case, and guest ask if iwrk their, even with the target Red card shirts... but i love the guest who ask for doorbuster TVs the next day and get mad when we dont have them
...really??

a guest flagged me down today, held out an 8-pack of washcloths, and asked "do you have any of these in other colors?"

I cheerfully asked if she could show me where she got them from so I could take a look at the labels and if we carried other colors, scan them to see if we have them in another location or in the back.

clearly not wanting to walk a few aisles down to where the towels are and clearly expecting me to be omniscient, she continued to impatiently ask, "do you have any in stock in grey and how much are they??"

I cheerfully informed her that I do not know if we carry other colors of that 8-pack of washcloths, nor how many we have on hand and that I would have to scan the barcode to see (while biting my tongue and NOT adding that I do not possess a photographic memory of every item we have in stock, that is updated instantly the moment we sell something or we get a delivery from the offsite warehouse)

(I did assist the guest further and managed to get her to walk over with me to the endcap to scan the barcode for the one other color, which we did not have in stock, but yeeeeesh)

Its so much fun when guests want to know if they can sit on the display furniture. You know, the ones that are attached to the wall and maybe up on a shelf. Yep, just let me go get a stepstool and my boxcutter so you can tell how that bar stool is going to feel on your butt.

a guest flagged me down today, held out an 8-pack of washcloths, and asked "do you have any of these in other colors?"

I cheerfully asked if she could show me where she got them from so I could take a look at the labels and if we carried other colors, scan them to see if we have them in another location or in the back.

clearly not wanting to walk a few aisles down to where the towels are and clearly expecting me to be omniscient, she continued to impatiently ask, "do you have any in stock in grey and how much are they??"

I cheerfully informed her that I do not know if we carry other colors of that 8-pack of washcloths, nor how many we have on hand and that I would have to scan the barcode to see (while biting my tongue and NOT adding that I do not possess a photographic memory of every item we have in stock, that is updated instantly the moment we sell something or we get a delivery from the offsite warehouse)

(I did assist the guest further and managed to get her to walk over with me to the endcap to scan the barcode for the one other color, which we did not have in stock, but yeeeeesh)
DO YOU HAVE THIS ITEM? MY FRIEND BOUGHT A BUNCH OF THEM YESTERDAY BUT I DON'T HAVE A PICTURE OR NAME OR EVEN A DESCRIPTION WHERE IS IT?

Its so much fun when guests want to know if they can sit on the display furniture. You know, the ones that are attached to the wall and maybe up on a shelf. Yep, just let me go get a stepstool and my boxcutter so you can tell how that bar stool is going to feel on your butt.

Even worse when they want to buy the display because you are out of the product.
We repeatedly told one guy he couldn't buy a bar stool so when we left he cut it down himself and took it up front.
Lucky for us the GSA had worked Plano in the past and knew not to sell it.

At the SB counter:
Guest: I'll do a grande latte annnnnnnnd....do you have any of the bagels or breakfast sandwiches?
Me: No ma'am. I'm afraid not.
Guest: (looks in the pastry case) So all you have is this stuff? (gestures at the pastries)
Me: Yep, just that.....stuff.

You're such a disappointment.
It's cause you're not a real Starbucks.

They smell "the retail" on you.
*me sprays myself all over with sanitizer*
Get it off! GET IT OFF!!!
Make sure it's sanitizer and not degreaser (although, some days, I'm sure you'd LOVE to spray yourself with degreaser to just *POOF* disappear) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back