Archived Dumb questions from Guests......really..... you have to ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A month on the job and I've had all the three "do you work here" fall in this week alone.

Also someone yesterday asked me where the exit was. She was a senior, so it was more feeling sorry than thinking "what a stupid question."

I had a guest ask me yesterday if the tvs that were on sale for black friday still on sale.....

Today, I had a man ask me where the air mattresses were, so I directed him to aisle G as in Gator 27 and even walked him over to the aisle which was literally 3/4 air mattresses, "Here are our air mattresses" he goes "OK thanks" and walks away toward Market, later he finds me and goes "HEY YOU. I couldn't find the air mattresses. Was that aisle you showed me the aisle with air mattresses?" "Yes it was." (because apparently it is commonplace to tell someone the item they are looking for is in one aisle, and lead them to a completely different one on the other side of the store because logic)

Guest: I have a few questions about your layaway.
Me: we don't have layaway.
Guest: are you sure?
Me: yes.
Guest: but I saw something in your flyer mentioning layaway.
Me: I'm sorry, but we don't have layaway.
Guest: are you sure?
Me: yes.
Guest: what about other Targets?
Me: no, I'm sorry.
Guest: well, this was a waste of a trip.
Me:.....

A month on the job and I've had all the three "do you work here" fall in this week alone.

Also someone yesterday asked me where the exit was. She was a senior, so it was more feeling sorry than thinking "what a stupid question."
I wear a bright red shirt, khakis and a name tag. Somehow I've been asked that question once a week. I guess I should get some shirts from bullseye shop that say target everywhere. My favorite has been when I was opening boxes form a push cart someone asked me if I "worked here", I wonder what they thought I was doing. In the same instance somehow guests can tell I work at target when I'm wearing a jacket, to covering up my shirt, as I'm trying to leave for lunch or get off of work.

I don't get asked if I work here when in proper attire, but I'm usually at the front end, so it's more obvious that I indeed do, but yes, I will be wearing my jacket and shopping and have guests that recognize me ask me questions. I usually try and help them unless it's one of the known scammers, they can GTFO, not helping them, especially not off the clock.

I usually respond with, "Bit late to say no.". More often than not they just give me a dazed and confused look in response.

A few doozies from the past few shifts I've had:
  • Do you have the ability to call a manager? Well, since you aren't sure.....
  • (While I was pushing christmas trees and lights) Stockboy! Is there anyone working in this department?
  • Do you have to clean up a spill if it was an accident?
  • If your website says this item is online only, is there any chance there is any in the back? No? Can you check anyways?

I wear a bright red shirt, khakis and a name tag. Somehow I've been asked that question once a week. I guess I should get some shirts from bullseye shop that say target everywhere. My favorite has been when I was opening boxes form a push cart someone asked me if I "worked here", I wonder what they thought I was doing. In the same instance somehow guests can tell I work at target when I'm wearing a jacket, to covering up my shirt, as I'm trying to leave for lunch or get off of work.

This. LOL!

"Hi, I want an ICEE!"
- What size would you like? There's small, medium, or large.
"What sizes do you have? The smallest cup you have, IT'S FOR A SMALL CHILD."

5943190916_15b81d7781_z.jpg

F**K YOU, I JUST TOLD YOU THE DAMN SIZES WE HAVE.

You get a Starbucks sample cup, that'll be $1.50.

- "Do you work here"?

No, I'm wearing a red shirt, khakis, and name tag for the fun of it.

- "Where's the bathroom"?

By the exit of the store? Where there is a huge sign that says "bathroom"?

- "Can I use this non-Target, non-manufacturer coupon here"? <---*basically coupons from other stores like Wal-Mart and Publix*

Of course. And while you're at it, pay me with Monopoly money as well.

There was a guy shopping tonight, buying clothes for his daughter. With the 30% off, he asked a girl to scan the item for the sale price. It rang up as 10 something. I heard him say, I'll do 10 bucks for it. Who knows if he got it or not, but he was quite interesting to talk to.

We did have a guest a while back come to guest services to return an item without a receipt, very badly used and expected a refund. I didn't recall ever having the item sold from us. She was turned away and told to bring in the receipt. But I think an item not holding up as long as you think it should, isn't grounds for a refund. If that were the case, I'd return all my groceries. " I didn't expect them to be consumed so quick; so here's the empty packages, I want my money back."

There was a guy shopping tonight, buying clothes for his daughter. With the 30% off, he asked a girl to scan the item for the sale price. It rang up as 10 something. I heard him say, I'll do 10 bucks for it. Who knows if he got it or not, but he was quite interesting to talk to.

We did have a guest a while back come to guest services to return an item without a receipt, very badly used and expected a refund. I didn't recall ever having the item sold from us. She was turned away and told to bring in the receipt. But I think an item not holding up as long as you think it should, isn't grounds for a refund. If that were the case, I'd return all my groceries. " I didn't expect them to be consumed so quick; so here's the empty packages, I want my money back."

Groceries are hardly the same.

Mind, if my shoes wear out in 6 months instead of a year, I wouldn't expect a refund, but if they fell apart in 1-2 weeks I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back