Archived Dumb questions from Guests......really..... you have to ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pellinore

Life sucks and nothing good can come of it.
OK, I really do believe that the only dumb question is the one question that you don't ask.

However, some questions are either dumb or the answer to a question is one that makes you feel like you are talking to an idiot.

For example.....When a guest is checking out, they can't find their RedCard and they ask "What does the RedCard look like?
Someday I think I'll answer something like...."oh, it's GREEN....with polka dots.

How long have you had the Starbucks (or Pizza Hut) in your store?
Oh, only since our store opened.....seven years ago.

Since our store remodel...... While a guest is standing at the Guest Service desk....Where's your customer service area?
Right in front of you.

You ask a guest about getting a RedCard.....they say no. Then they ask "what is a RedCard?"

One of my pet peeves is when a guest says that they forgot their Target card at home...they ask....can you look it up by-----------. Then you answer "No, we can't look it up for you..." and then they respond by saying, "Other stores do it, why can't you?"

Well.....we're not OTHER stores. Even if you tell the guest that it is for their own protection they look at you as if you've got three heads!

My all time favorites...

"Where is the front door?"
"Can't you look up card numbers on your computer....NO!!! WHY NOT!!! Kohl's does it."
"Can't you look up receipts by the copy receipt from the register or look up transactions on your little computer.."
"What do you mean you can't make me a medium pizza...Isn't this Pizza Hut."

Last edited:
The most often asked question I get is via the phone. "Are you open?"

I'd love to say, "No Sherlock, the message you just listened to means nothing."
Or " Nope, I'm just here to say hello. Goodbye."

The stupidest call was the person who called wanting a grave blanket. "Um, have you ever shopped here?"

The most often asked question I get is via the phone. "Are you open?"

I'd love to say, "No Sherlock, the message you just listened to means nothing."
Or " Nope, I'm just here to say hello. Goodbye."

The stupidest call was the person who called wanting a grave blanket. "Um, have you ever shopped here?"

We had a call for a grave blanket awhile back. And my thought was the same thing as yours.

(item says its free with a purchase of two twelve packs of gatorade)

"so...its free?"

The following makes me die a little bit inside every time:
Guest walks up to me, looks me in the eyes, then looks at my shirt, then looks me in the eyes again and then says:
"Excuse me, do you work here?"
Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!! Nope just walking around with a Target shirt and name tag just to mess with people.:gamer3:

I used to date a girl that worked for a nearby Wal-Mart. With our schedules, I was often getting off work shortly before her lunch so I would drive to her store and pick her up. Almost every time I went in there, I would get stopped by customers asking me where things are so I would tell them, "Sure, just get on xxx rd and drive about 4 miles East, make a left, go down about 2 blocks and it will be on aisle xxx at the Target."

"Wait, why are you sending me to Target?"
/points to name badge

Guest walks up to me, looks me in the eyes, then looks at my shirt, then looks me in the eyes again and then says:
Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!! Nope just walking around with a Target shirt and name tag just to mess with people.:gamer3:

And it's even funnier when I'm wearing a walkie and using a PDA.

This is kinda related to Target. I went to the next door walmart after my closing shift to buy some milk (obviously in red and khaki) when this guy walks up to me and asks "hey can i ask you something? where is..." so i kindly interrupt and say "sorry i dont work here" The look on his face was priceless lmao

Here is my favorite:

Guest looks at TV wall, looks at me, looks at TV wall, Looks back at me then says "excuse me you work here right?" Me: Looks at name tag then back at guest "Of course how can I help?" Guest "Where are the TVs?" I point 10 feet to the back wall where the guest just looked twice and say "Right in front of you sir". Makes my day every time.

Here is my favorite:

Guest looks at TV wall, looks at me, looks at TV wall, Looks back at me then says "excuse me you work here right?" Me: Looks at name tag then back at guest "Of course how can I help?" Guest "Where are the TVs?" I point 10 feet to the back wall where the guest just looked twice and say "Right in front of you sir". Makes my day every time.

Guest: "Do you want it all the card"....What does that mean?
Me: "Well..... do you want it all the card"?
Guest: "Yes"
Me: "Then you select yes"

:facepalm:

Since leaving my old store when I moved, I've been tempted to do that to mess with people :p

I went into a local Walmart after getting off work and the cashier is staring at me intently. Finally she asks, "do you work at Target?" I look down at the Target name tag and the red shirt with the bullseye on it and said "yeah, how'd ya guess?" She leans over and whispers, "are you guys hiring? I need to get out of here." I couldn't help it I just bust out laughing and said yeah sure come make out and app we'll be happy to take you on. I don't know if she ever did, I never her saw her again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back