Archived Eat sleep breath

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackroomAlpha

Ask me anything, maybe I can help.
I eat, sleep and breathe logistics or anything at spot. Something about it is addictive. Maybe its the constant drive to succeed and the recognition that comes with it. I work hard and install the same will to succeed in others that I teach. I owe all that I know to another TM that is now my TL. We run shit, teach them to pull fast and why they should. Teach others that hard work will take them far at spot. Selfless instalation of spots morals and we grow strong TMs...our TMs have been moved all across the store to different positions, learning new opportunities and goals as individuals. We dont just grow backroom TMs, we grow spot TMs capable of anything their ETL makes of them.

Just wanted to share that.

I love being a GSTL/GSA for the front end. I love running around the entire store, the pressure, the guest first calls, and making it right for the guest while making it fair. I also love instilling a willingness in my cashiers to meet red card quotas and reward those who do well ( red card goals met/going above and beyond). I love being looked at as a leader and I know most of my team members respect me as many rooted for me to get promoted before I did. I love fast paced and energy driven environments as a whole and having the store trust me with the stores assets and doing C/O as closing the shit down is soothing.

This is how I feel about my department, but I'm eager to move on from it.

I eat, sleep and breathe logistics or anything at spot. Something about it is addictive. Maybe its the constant drive to succeed and the recognition that comes with it. I work hard and install the same will to succeed in others that I teach. I owe all that I know to another TM that is now my TL. We run shit, teach them to pull fast and why they should. Teach others that hard work will take them far at spot. Selfless instalation of spots morals and we grow strong TMs...our TMs have been moved all across the store to different positions, learning new opportunities and goals as individuals. We dont just grow backroom TMs, we grow spot TMs capable of anything their ETL makes of them.

Just wanted to share that.
I can honestly say hearing this and other comments shared gives me a sense of pride in what I do as well. Things we do here at Spot resonates WAY beyond just a job, but builds a person up as well. Things I have learned here at work helped me land other jobs, helped me in social settings and opened my view on different things I would not have ever thought of. Great thread!!

However, not all stores praise or build up those that work hard. Instead they will praise and build up those that work semi hard at doing their job but work very hard at kissing ass .

This ^

I have seen this happen far too many times, and it creates a truly toxic atmosphere. I have seen go-getters like the OP get discouraged at my store when they see all of their hard work and dedication get treated like yesterday's dog mess, while the slacker who only knows how to schmooze TL's and ETL's get all of the recognition, the career advancement, days off, and raises.

There is a rather malicious rumor that Target uses a 80% - 120% formula for determining it's workforce. If they have someone who is willing to give 120%, then they'll keep a team member they like who only gives 80%.

I used to work hard. Then I realized the backroom room gets no recognition no matter how fast or good we work. The other thing the other work centers know about us I'd that we always put pulls on the line causing them to stop what they are doing to work it

This ^

I have seen this happen far too many times, and it creates a truly toxic atmosphere. I have seen go-getters like the OP get discouraged at my store when they see all of their hard work and dedication get treated like yesterday's dog mess, while the slacker who only knows how to schmooze TL's and ETL's get all of the recognition, the career advancement, days off, and raises.

There is a rather malicious rumor that Target uses a 80% - 120% formula for determining it's workforce. If they have someone who is willing to give 120%, then they'll keep a team member they like who only gives 80%.
there is no such thing as that formula lol.

I felt the same way about AP. TPS was the first job I ever had where I actually wanted to go into work every day. I loved my AP team and the store team in general. We had a family feeling, and I still go back to visit them even though I left. If I was ever offered the ability to work extra hours, I did. I went all over the district covering stores that needed extra manpower because I loved meeting new TM's and learning how different stores operate. In the weeks leading up to Christmas when we had more or less unlimited hours, I worked almost 60 hours a week, while I was taking full-time college classes, and I loved every second of it. There were always things that bothered me, like the restrictions I had to deal with and the few TM's who didn't give a shit and did a horrible job, but I still loved it overall. An ETL at one of my former stores just lost a TPS and got in contact with me the other day asking if I'd be willing to come back part time, and I seriously considered it. Because of AP directives, I can't go back to Target because I do AP full time for another store now, but if I didn't have that obstacle on the table, I'd be back in a second.

Probably right. Nevertheless, it would explain how Spot does like to keep certain team members whose only real expertise is kissing butts.
I have team members that I can't stand because they don't do anything but I can't get rid of them because my ETL vouches for them. it's so frustrating

TBH, I think those 80% tms are just hard to get rid of. They show up enough and get enough work done that it makes it difficult to performance them.

Maybe. All I can say in my experience, I have seen some team members miss 5 or even 7 days in one month and I know not a thing was done to them, whereas I saw team members miss two or three days and receive coaching and notice.

Then there was the team member who, in jest, was fired for saying he would kick his co-worker's butt if he made a mess in the freezer section after he cleaned it. Then a year later, a different team member threatened to punch another elderly team member in the chest after he had a stroke for giving his girlfriend a hard time, and not a thing was done.

I also can't forget how the one team lead made her husband a multiple time winner of the Top Performer Award, while ignoring the one team member who never missed a day, never caused a fuss, and busted his rear pushing freight.

Then there was the electronics team member who was fired for trying on a Halloween costume, and then there was the flow team member who went on a minute diatribe where they screamed obscenities on the sales floor and nothing was done.

I've seen enough to say that yes, favoritism does exist at Target.

I've seen enough to say that yes, favoritism does exist at Targe

Oh, I agree that there is favoritism. I see it in my store. There are just more tms in that 80% group who just get by with no extra help. Maybe they improve just enough after a CA, then slide back. Maybe they get lost in the shuffle a little. And yes, maybe some of them get help from leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back