Archived Empty Location Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, of course the BTS should have been pushed again... we had no one to do that. We had no one to even handle the CAF pulls that were overflowing on the line. And it wasn't just BTS, either. We had backstock clogging up the entire stockroom that just wasn't getting taken care of. I am well aware that best practice is to re-push old backstock, but that just doesn't happen when we don't have enough people to push it. And yeah, the reports take me half an hour to do. Checking every empty waco and especially getting up on the ladder to check all of the case stock locations that no one actually checks takes time. "Do they not regularly condense aisles to keep the product easily accessible?" LOL! I'll try and make some time in my schedule to do that.

Dr Laytex has it right. We choose to try and clean up a filthy backroom, we get reamed for not doing reports. We do reports, we get "Why hasn't this backstock been done?" And by we, I mean me, since everyone seems to think it is my sole responsibility to take care of these things. The morning guys won't do it, the other dayside TMs have been told to do it, but choose to leave it for me. I enjoy doing empty loc reports, I would prefer to do them, but I need it to be a cooperative effort.

Let me broaden YOUR scope, usojelly: We don't have enough fucking people.

So you knew the correct thing to do but still decided to whine about having to follow supervisors instructions, and not be able to backstock the stuff that needed to be pushed. So because you knowingly wanted to do the wrong thing, how many others does that impact? IS, BR, HL, instead of just pushing.

Keep the damn whining about not enough people, everyone has that issue
The diference is that some of us get our shit done, and some don't. Stop playing the damn victim and own your area, oh wait, then you might get positive results and we can't have that.

Well I own my area, but I have to cover the whole sf except for electronics & pfresh. Wait, I have to backup cashier too. I am willing to offer you that challenge too. I tell my etl or Lod to cover the floor when it gets to that point.

My STL wanted me to tell you guys that it should be backstocked and then an EXF shot. He says that's faster than pushing it, then backstocking. ::)
Now add in the pull times for what you backstocked and add in the time for shooting an exf. And get back to me. And then add the time it takes for someone to push the pull and the exf.

Last edited:
Well I own my area, but I have to cover the whole sf except for electronics & pfresh. Wait, I have to backup cashier too. I am willing to offer you that challenge too. I tell my etl or Lod to cover the floor when it gets to that point.

You speak as if I didn't do the same thing, the fact remains that the TM was wrong. I am late on my walk the vibe, I'm late on it every week because I fucking hate it. The difference between my paper work not getting completed and the location audits is that I don't make excuses about it. The OP should do as her supervisor instructs her to do, get buy in from her team to get the audits completed, and realize her old ETL isn't coming back. You don't change red work centers to green by not getting your shit done.

USOJELLY
OK, I tried being subtle ... let me be direct.
The Break Room offers many services.
Along with answers to peoples questions, some basic silliness, discussion of political topics of the day, it's the virtual version of the bar where everyone knows your name.
Folks come here to rant, TMs, ETL's and even a few higher.
The posts you call 'circle jerks' are people offering support and sympathy for situations that all too often have no viable solutions.
The kind of rock and a hard place where no matter what you do you're wrong.
If you have a real workable solution to the problem by all means chime in.
But if your only contribution is going to be "stop whining and get over it", you're missing the point.
The next time something happens that makes you absolutely crazy, we'll be happy to listen and offer you good words.
That is if you haven't pissed everybody off.

USOJELLY
OK, I tried being subtle ... let me be direct.
The Break Room offers many services.
Along with answers to peoples questions, some basic silliness, discussion of political topics of the day, it's the virtual version of the bar where everyone knows your name.
Folks come here to rant, TMs, ETL's and even a few higher.
The posts you call 'circle jerks' are people offering support and sympathy for situations that all too often have no viable solutions.
The kind of rock and a hard place where no matter what you do you're wrong.
If you have a real workable solution to the problem by all means chime in.
But if your only contribution is going to be "stop whining and get over it", you're missing the point.
The next time something happens that makes you absolutely crazy, we'll be happy to listen and offer you good words.
That is if you haven't pissed everybody off.

I've been coming here long enough to know what this site offers. I think my advice was perfectly fine, when your supervisor instructs you to do something, you simply do it. There are reasons behind it, reasons often not known by TMs, and before anyone says that they should explain why, often there's no need. In this case the reports had to be completed because if there's a walk and they are not done, the ETL is getting it, not the TM. The BTS should have been repushed. There's a difference in 1. My store only gave us 130 hours to set toys, cosmetics, & stationery, wtf are they thinking. and 2. omg my etl made me do my work, life is unfair.

Oh and SMistress, if you have tubs of backstock sitting around for weeks and your reports do not get completed, you're not #1 in the group.

We are number one in our group YTD. And that's all I'm going to say. I didn't actually start this thread to bitch and moan about "omg my etl made me do my work." I wanted to get ideas about what other people do to make sure their reports get done.

USOJELLY
Oh and SMistress, if you have tubs of backstock sitting around for weeks and your reports do not get completed, you're not #1 in the group.

Unless every other store in the group is having the same problem, which isn't probable but is possible.

I do agree with you that at this point it's just best to do what you're asked to. I gave up trying to understand why my ETLs want me to do things that make no sense to me. Either way they are going to get their ass handed to them on the next visit, so the OP might as well just do what's asked. Fuck the backstock if your ETL told you to get reports done. All of it probably should be repushed if it's been sitting there for a week and then just subt9999 what actually comes back. The main problem for many stores right now is that there just aren't enough hours allocated for every workcenter to get their workload done. I can't speak for stores that are a higher volume than mine, but it's safe to assume that B volume stores and lower are having a rough go right now. People need a place to vent their frustrations. Sometimes that does come off as whining. I really didn't see the OP whining so much as just venting frustrations about an unreasonable workload and then being told to take care of paperwork instead of trying to prep the backroom for the next shift. Routines are very important for store ops, but sometimes your routines have to slide for you to get back to a point where you can do your routines again. The instocks process is a prime example. With the backroom like it is, Instocks has most likely had to forgo completing the task list and push and backstock due to the amount of crap just sitting around in the backroom.

Anyway, I think most everyone has valid points, but there's really no point in anyone coming here and getting more stressed out. So wooooooosaaaaaahhh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back