Back room location

Can someone explain how back room accuracy works with metrics?
What if the person on my off days is pushing all items scanned? He says during pulls the item is not there so he pushes All items scanned.
‘How can him doing that effect my metrics when he is doing it?
Thanks in advance.

That exactly is what contributes to decline in BRLA. Shift his thinking to back out of the pull and inventory audit that location. Fake it till you make it. Anything for green metrics
Can they see he is doing it and not me?
If you scan the shelf label and remove everything that way, is that the same as all items scanned? That’s how I was shown to do it when we purge the back room. Does that mess up metrics?

Can they see he is doing it and not me?
If you scan the shelf label and remove everything that way, is that the same as all items scanned? That’s how I was shown to do it when we purge the back room. Does that mess up metrics?
Yes it will show who is hitting all items scanned on greenfield. In my store we are having issues with tms pulling items especially in bulk locations amd not pulling them which is a little harder to find out but still possible. Also sfs/opu can definitely mess up you backroom too and thats pretty difficult to find out exactly who is doing it.
Pulling it out that way is not the same and can be done, but do not say it is going to the salesfloor as that will mess up your sales floor quantity.

Three things:

1) Never hit All Items Scanned and make sure your team/peers fear pressing that.

2) When an item isn’t there, exit, inventory audit the location, go back into the batch and it’ll no longer ask for you to pull that item. This is technically manipulating the system but it’s the direction in every district I’ve been in and at least you’re updating locations as you go.

3) The one veterans get caught with. Do not scan every barcode in the location until you hear the double beep! Why? Because if you scan something that wasn’t properly located the system is now going to be like “oh that’s there huh? We didn’t know! Error 😌”. Make sure you’re looking for the item, scan it, take what you need and go on about your business.

Been 98.15% - 98.95% forever sticking to the above.

Three things:

1) Never hit All Items Scanned and make sure your team/peers fear pressing that.

2) When an item isn’t there, exit, inventory audit the location, go back into the batch and it’ll no longer ask for you to pull that item. This is technically manipulating the system but it’s the direction in every district I’ve been in and at least you’re updating locations as you go.

3) The one veterans get caught with. Do not scan every barcode in the location until you hear the double beep! Why? Because if you scan something that wasn’t properly located the system is now going to be like “oh that’s there huh? We didn’t know! Error 😌”. Make sure you’re looking for the item, scan it, take what you need and go on about your business.

JFC you suck! My area's BLA is 100% for the year. Get your shit together! :p

Three things:

Same but you and I both know what truly best practice is . Ais is only exposing the error . Back in the day we were coaching people the right way because back in the day the error would go to the person that made the error and not who found the error.

Attachments

• 4FED28D1-38E9-4F98-805D-87D127FFE67D.jpeg
    4FED28D1-38E9-4F98-805D-87D127FFE67D.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 10
Same but you and I both know what truly best practice is . Ais is only exposing the error . Back in the day we were coaching people the right way because back in the day the error would go to the person that made the error and not who found the error.
Oh 100%. Target has turned into work around solutions for everything because they bother you about the metric and not what it truly indicates most of the time.

”All Items Scanned for Life” will be on my next Target shirt. The shirt will even be red. 🫥

— Edit —

Hit the wrong emoji. No idea the meaning behind this 🫥 guy, so don’t read to far into him being there.

Last edited:
Back