Archived Empty packages on MyDevices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JimmyTarget

Has anyone heard of a LOVELY time when we will be able to document empty packages on the mydevices?
All of these new features, and this very basic one isn't yet included.

I want my team to be able to scan the product and the location where it was found. My empty package report LITERALLY has 6 items on it in the past month. Terrible. My store only has 6 PDA's and obviously salesfloor doesn't get priority and going to find it and recording the location isn't really possible.

As far as I know, there is no way to log empty packages on a MyDevice. Hopefully one day they will add that feature. In the meantime, talk to your team (store) about the importance of logging empty packages at guest service. I also provide stickers with name, date, time, and location for the team member to fill out and stick on the empty.

As far as I know, there is no way to log empty packages on a MyDevice. Hopefully one day they will add that feature. In the meantime, talk to your team (store) about the importance of logging empty packages at guest service. I also provide stickers with name, date, time, and location for the team member to fill out and stick on the empty.

I'm yet to start in roll yet, but I know there is a spot at GS with stickers, etc.
The problem is the packages aren't getting logged!

The registers at guest service should be able to process the packages. That's where my store processes the empties.

The registers at guest service should be able to process the packages. That's where my store processes the empties.

Good back up option but odds are you won't remember all of the information by the time you get up there. Thanks!

Good back up option but odds are you won't remember all of the information by the time you get up there. Thanks!
Tell them to take a picture with the mydevice and use that to remember.

What the two stores I've worked at do is have the team member write this information on the box: Name, location, date, and time found, then put it into a box behind guest service, that way guest services can process it when they can, and the team members don't have to remember anything.

Most team members carry phones with them too, most probably have some sort of note taking app. Whenever I'm on the floor and too busy to carry a empty package up to guest service I just open up Google Keep and log it until I go up for my break.

One of our AP guys used to carry sticky labels in his pocket.
He'd slap one on the package & just a few notes - loc found, time/date, etc.

that would be very helpful . i find at least 2-3 empty packages / softline tags everyday

I used the notepad app to note the time and location of my empty packages and then do them at guest services at the end of my shift.

Sharpie and scribble it on the package as you go. What I do in my In-Stocks travels in the morning.
This is what I've done for years. Which makes name unimportant cause it's only me doing it that way.

At my store, AP prefers that we use a PDA instead so we can log the sales floor location in which the empty package was found.

The problem is the packages aren't getting logged!

Get your team on board! How is the AP culture at your store?

Can the app Masters add Electronics to the store sales floor location list?

So, I was working GS on Sunday night. The salesfloor people are bringing their empty packages to me and running away, as always. So I get the brilliant idea to use the empty packages app on the Zebra. Everything is going great, then it asks me to scan the shelf label closest to where the item was found, and I discovered to my horror that this app wasn't meant for me, it was meant for the salesfloor to do this themselves. Half the time, they don't even tell me what department they found it in, let alone an aisle number and shelf location.

So, I was working GS on Sunday night. The salesfloor people are bringing their empty packages to me and running away, as always. So I get the brilliant idea to use the empty packages app on the Zebra. Everything is going great, then it asks me to scan the shelf label closest to where the item was found, and I discovered to my horror that this app wasn't meant for me, it was meant for the salesfloor to do this themselves. Half the time, they don't even tell me what department they found it in, let alone an aisle number and shelf location.

Huh. Thanks for the heads up. I tried the App, today, but I couldn't get the scanner to work at all.

When I used it previously the aisle was what it asked for. Yesterday, the app wasn't even on the myDevice I was using.

Today, instead of asking for the closest aisle, it gave me a listing of various areas in the store: front end, Guest Services, Beauty/Cosmetics, Style, etc. General Merchandise was paired with something else (which I forget). However, no Electronics, like empty packaging never appears there! I told my AP and he said use the GM area for now.

Also, the scanner has never worked in the app for me, even after rebooting. I enter the UPC in manually.

When I used it previously the aisle was what it asked for. Yesterday, the app wasn't even on the myDevice I was using.

Today, instead of asking for the closest aisle, it gave me a listing of various areas in the store: front end, Guest Services, Beauty/Cosmetics, Style, etc. General Merchandise was paired with something else (which I forget). However, no Electronics, like empty packaging never appears there! I told my AP and he said use the GM area for now.

Also, the scanner has never worked in the app for me, even after rebooting. I enter the UPC in manually.
Now that I think about it, I did have to enter the dpci manually but it let me scan the header label. Weird.

I’m sure they are still working out the kinks.

On the Zebra we use the Empty Package app. For empty packages we type in the DPCI or bar code number. As for scanning the location, we scan the package bar code for now until this is hopfully fixed.

I've brought up the issue of having to scan a location to developers. Major oversight from people who you can tell have never spent a day in the trenches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back