Empty Starbucks Cups left behind on shelves

I had some people come with their two boys and bought those single serve milk bottles so they could drink while they shop. So they come into my lane and hand me the wrapper to scan and I look to the cart and see a MASSIVE PUDDLE OF MILK under the kid's feet (it was on those two kid carts) and I just raised my eyebrow and they said it needs cleaning. YOU DON'T THINK???? YOU DON'T THINK YOU COULD HAVE CLEANED UP THE MESS YOUR SHITHEAD BOYS MADE?????????????????????????????? they literally just left the cart there after they paid

I had some people come with their two boys and bought those single serve milk bottles so they could drink while they shop. So they come into my lane and hand me the wrapper to scan and I look to the cart and see a MASSIVE PUDDLE OF MILK under the kid's feet (it was on those two kid carts) and I just raised my eyebrow and they said it needs cleaning. YOU DON'T THINK???? YOU DON'T THINK YOU COULD HAVE CLEANED UP THE MESS YOUR SHITHEAD BOYS MADE?????????????????????????????? they literally just left the cart there after they paid

Ugh, I hate people like that. It also teaches their kids, that it's ok to make messes and just leave them behind.

Milk does a body good but only if it's IN the body....not a puddle.

When my kids were little if that ever happened I always asked for a paper towel or something to clean it up. I never expected other people to clean up my kids' messes. Or, if they were old enough they had to clean it up themselves.

I had a lady just leave one on the counter today. I called her back to get it and she says, quite bitchily, "well, it's empty, so I figured I'd leave it for you to throw out..." I said, "I'm sorry....I can't see through the cup."

People like that make my eyelid twitch. Do I look like a garbage can? No, don't leave me your sh*t to throw out. Especially since we have to ferry our trash out ourselves now since Target's cleaning crew doesn't clean our Pharmacy anymore. At least we have a CVS service to clean our bathroom.

If you need me to pitch a cup, just ask me if I can toss it for you. A simple courtesy goes a long way.

People like that make my eyelid twitch. Do I look like a garbage can? No, don't leave me your sh*t to throw out. Especially since we have to ferry our trash out ourselves now since Target's cleaning crew doesn't clean our Pharmacy anymore. At least we have a CVS service to clean our bathroom.

If you need me to pitch a cup, just ask me if I can toss it for you. A simple courtesy goes a long way.
We have to clean our own and take our own garbage. Always have. And yes, a simple, "would you mind throwing this away?" would have been appreciated. :mad:

I had a lady just leave one on the counter today. I called her back to get it and she says, quite bitchily, "well, it's empty, so I figured I'd leave it for you to throw out..." I said, "I'm sorry....I can't see through the cup."

Every once in awhile I let my sarcastic side out at work, and this would have been one of those times. I would have clasped the empty cup to my chest and breathlessly thanked the guest for the opportunity.

Our store doesn't have a Starbucks. But we get cups from food avenue, and there's a Barnes and noble upstairs with a Starbucks. We also have a Starbucks and 2 dunkin donuts stores down the street.

I’ve seen a few Starbucks cups on the shelves, most likely from ours. There are two Starbucks shops close by, so I wouldn’t rule out guests bringing those in. There happens to be a Costco Business store next to my site, so I have encountered those cups used for smoothies and frozen yogurt from their food court. And last night, someone put a Kirkland water bottle on my U-boat. Sigh.

Well, we just got a Starbucks with a recent remodel (it’s a really nice Starbucks actually, there’s cushioned benches and charging stations).

Everywhere I turn there’s a cup. It’s really disgusting. Every price scanner has a wastebasket with an icon of a man throwing out trash, use them!

We even have a problem with Starbucks cups in our backroom. Some TM, and I haven't figured out who yet, frequently leaves coffee cups and monster cans on shelves in the main stockroom. Today I saw an empty one of those cold Starbucks glass bottles in the steel next to our packing stations.
Sameeeee. Dayside and overnight leave so many empty cups/cans/bottles lying around
Yep, and not just in the back, but in their carts on the floor (which they ALSO leave lying around) or at the fitting room desk, GS, or registers. The TMs doing it are even more annoying than the guests. How can we get pissed at people who don't work here when our own team can't clean up after themselves?

Last edited:
I would almost understand if it was a full cup of some drink. Someone might’ve placed it temporarily on the shelf and forgot to take it with them.

But when it’s completely empty is when I get really pissed off, people just wanted to get rid of the cups and used the shelf space as a trash can. God forbid you bring the cup to one of the trash cans at Starbucks or dispose it at one of the price scanners.

I was doing Sunday morning Ad Set a couple of years ago and found a partially eaten hot dog shoved behind a row of olives. Nice.

Had a guest who 'accidentally' left her drink on a shelf & went back to retrieve it.
She then brought it back to me asking me to re-make it because she didn't know if someone might've touched it.
Sure, because people will come up & snatch your half-consumed drinks.

Ahh, I'm pretty OCD and would probably worry about that as well. If I leave my water bottle somewhere accidentally and find it later I'm more likely than not to just empty it instead of drinking it.

Ahh, I'm pretty OCD and would probably worry about that as well. If I leave my water bottle somewhere accidentally and find it later I'm more likely than not to just empty it instead of drinking it.
But if it's your fault for leaving it, would you feel entitled to a free replacement? That's what makes this guest a brat and possibly (did she forget or "forget") corrupt.

Back