MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

There are two very big over-arching issues to the problem...

1) A majority of the leadership at Target could never (and has never) handled Logistics. 90% of the work running a store (like it or not) is the movement of product from truck to shelf. Target naturally sorted its placement of leadership so that the strongest went to Logistics while the weak players went to GE and SF. Are there difficult aspects to some of those areas? Sure, but there is a reason that recent college grads who have never had a job and a Target veteran can hold the same position and do just about as well as each other. Do that with Logistics and you see a store crumble. But now the power is shifting. This workload is transitioning to these exact leaders. They cannot handle it. There are too many STLs now that have also never done logistics and have no idea what to do. As E2E continues to expand for different areas you will see many ETLs flaking out. You will see STLs panic as their stores fall apart in front of them, and in desperation cry, "This isn't working, ETL-Log take it back"... and the disconnect between what HQ thinks stores are doing and what STLs have them doing will be completely different.

2) Payroll.... not enough of it to pull this off. Target doesn't realize that they squeezed stores so tight on payroll that there was never enough being allocated to get trucks done in the first place. While most stores *could* either add payroll for trucks or smart huddle the remainder of freight (which would have been all left in one area), now because the payroll for freight is in separate teams, there will be little bits of freight left in all the departments. Grocery, Softlines, Essentials, HBA, Electronics are all not getting enough hours, so therefore all will have freight laying around (or backstock not done). It creates chaos where a single truck team would just putter out in back or middle and have to have a smart huddle to bail them out (or ask Flow to stay to finish and add).

This. I've already seen the flaking begin in my store. Logistics is a huge part of this business and a lot of our leadership is not generally well trained for it. I wish they'd invest in extensive training for ETLs and STLs on this subject before handing them the keys.

Finally decided to chime in here because my store is a total cluster fuck. We transitioned from overnight to 4 am three weeks ago. Two days prior to our transition, myself and the ONE other softlines TM were told that we would be training the dayside softlines team because they were taking over softlines. First week of 4 AM is a breeze, we're just teaching them what we do every day. Second week comes and they are on their own and it is a total nightmare. The softlines ETL and TL tell the team we just trained they are doing everything wrong but not doing anything to help them do things the "right" way. I feel horrible for this team as they have all said that we (the other TM and myself) are the only leadership they have and we aren't even leads.

Cut to today, when we find out that the SL team can't handle the logistics side of things, so flow is taking softlines back. I have noticed this is a big issue with Target. Instead of working through things, they try something and when it isn't instantly more efficient, they change it. And they keep changing it until team members have no idea what they are even supposed to be doing. There is no consistent leadership, no one has answers, none of leadership at the store level seems to know what is going on. None of our ETLs will work with us, they just walk around in a group exchanging hushed whispers, which is a BIG change from before we transitioned. What a mess.

I feel sad. Problem is what I expected. Those of us who aren't complete clusterfucks are going to be the new way and going raw, unlubed analize the others. I really somethings want to cuff some people for doing idiotic things like shoving tubs into the pets br area (its next to the bailer and no one used to care. Now, i need it open and I am constantly moving them elsewhere.) However the surviving ones of us, are used to doing almost everything so we manage and make it look good.
Of course DTL thinks, Its working here.

So sorry. As for SL E2E its different. Our ladies are struggling. Its because of the daytime. This really wont work well without the palletization. Everything takes longer. Its harder for them to do it in receiving as its a smaller space. They went from being done with frieght completely within 3 hours of unload to having to put up z racks at 5 pm. Add everything else and its not working well. At least the storewide manual caf idea died.

There are two very big over-arching issues to the problem...

1) A majority of the leadership at Target could never (and has never) handled Logistics. 90% of the work running a store (like it or not) is the movement of product from truck to shelf. Target naturally sorted its placement of leadership so that the strongest went to Logistics while the weak players went to GE and SF. Are there difficult aspects to some of those areas? Sure, but there is a reason that recent college grads who have never had a job and a Target veteran can hold the same position and do just about as well as each other. Do that with Logistics and you see a store crumble. But now the power is shifting. This workload is transitioning to these exact leaders. They cannot handle it. There are too many STLs now that have also never done logistics and have no idea what to do. As E2E continues to expand for different areas you will see many ETLs flaking out. You will see STLs panic as their stores fall apart in front of them, and in desperation cry, "This isn't working, ETL-Log take it back"... and the disconnect between what HQ thinks stores are doing and what STLs have them doing will be completely different.

2) Payroll.... not enough of it to pull this off. Target doesn't realize that they squeezed stores so tight on payroll that there was never enough being allocated to get trucks done in the first place. While most stores *could* either add payroll for trucks or smart huddle the remainder of freight (which would have been all left in one area), now because the payroll for freight is in separate teams, there will be little bits of freight left in all the departments. Grocery, Softlines, Essentials, HBA, Electronics are all not getting enough hours, so therefore all will have freight laying around (or backstock not done). It creates chaos where a single truck team would just putter out in back or middle and have to have a smart huddle to bail them out (or ask Flow to stay to finish and add).

I believe you are right. Sadly I also believe this will lead to a company-wide leadership (etl & stl) purge of those who fail. It won't be their fault because Spot knows who can and who can't. And promoting someone to STL who can't do or has never done log is idiotic.

I got lucky. Our etL-log is a supertarget vet who escaped his store because of issues there and our ETL to handles E2e has been with target for 20+ .

As for the not enough hours for frieght. Yes, this is very true. I am too the point where I don't care what my schedule is. If its under 6 hrs. I work 5 hr 50 minutes unless I can squeeze in a lunch. I work at least 8 if I am scheduled a lunch.

Before I was fine with it. Now, with them calling us 'Business owners' (yes at the huddle we were called this when we were given suggestions on increasing basket size) I take pride in making the department look good. So, yes, I will steal your my device if I need and you want to walk around with it. Or a pda to backstock. And I will stay to finish.

ATM, we have E2E for softlines/infant hardlines, HBA/cosmetics, market, and electronics.

Domestics, toys, sport, stationary, and petspaperchemicals (IDK why but at our store everyone says it like it's one word), is all under the remainder of flow.

It seems to work. I like that there's one or two consistent people from the softlines E2E team that does baby because I know they'll always be there so I can tell them to keep an eye out for displays coming in. :)

I'm still slightly worried about the future of presentation.
Do you have people who care about presentation? If yes then its fine. If not, expect it to look like your local ghetto walmart only red.

And why snap off HBA from the rest of the chemicals/Pets/Paper?

Seems like you're giving bad leadership a free pass. Sure, inexperience does give some room, but to pass the buck off on TMs is unacceptable.
DoWork, if Target sticks with this into Christmas, the RedNewyear (a play on Game of Thrones red wedding and our colors) will happen and no one will find that pass enjoyable. Don't click the video unless you like horror or have watched GOT.

This. I've already seen the flaking begin in my store. Logistics is a huge part of this business and a lot of our leadership is not generally well trained for it. I wish they'd invest in extensive training for ETLs and STLs on this subject before handing them the keys.

Why Spot insists on the push-hatchling-out-of-nest method over the years really gets under my skin. Too many TLs and ETLs, new and old, over the years I have helped with basic processes they weren't taught in training or cared enough to learn on their own. Starting off as a BRTM myself my training was the just enough kind to get by and I learned the rest via Workbench guides/Redwire/etc.

>ETL GE ask about which vendors we have
>BRTL ask to print a detail report for the ETL LOG because he didn't know how
>Show how in MyWork when you tapping the top bar also activates the scanner or if the battery is dead will utilize the camera to scan (well over a dozen people from TM to STL)
>GSTL/GSA oblivious to Flexible Fulfillment troubleshooting. (reprinting order labels, Order Inquiry, location labels, etc.)

There's a big difference between gaining on the job experience and not capable of executing minimal requirements. Too many have time to screw around and pass responsibility down the line instead of improving their knowledge base.

Hi all. I haven't been here for about a year. I left target after 22 years and came back. I know, WHY! My new job wasn't a good fit.

I moved to the pog team and love it!! But we are about to roll out the e2e but it's real hush hush here. I'm not supposed to know about it.

I'm worried about my pog hours. My easy 6-2:30 Monday-Friday shifts.

We rolled out grocery in April and are going to be doing it again in Softlines soon. Instead of looking at all the people this change will affect, they're hiring 6 new Softlines tms. I'm in an ultra low volume superT.

Since grocery began the entire team has turned over once. In 6 weeks! I don't think we should be rolling it out in Softlines this soon. Grocery is broken!

I believe you are right. Sadly I also believe this will lead to a company-wide leadership (etl & stl) purge of those who fail. It won't be their fault because Spot knows who can and who can't. And promoting someone to STL who can't do or has never done log is idiotic.

I got lucky. Our etL-log is a supertarget vet who escaped his store because of issues there and our ETL to handles E2e has been with target for 20+ .

Yes, it may honestly be the plan. I am sure Target spends way too much on ETLs as a whole as well, so a general reduction, removal of task, and placement of their time into designated departments (although bigger) is probably worth the changes.

Again, the store of the future is going to have freight getting ran all day. Get used to it. Many people will freak out that there is so much on the floor to be worked, and they will need to adapt or probably leave.

I would agree. You could have 4 people working at the fitting room right now, and still not be able to get reshop done and talk to each guest (in a meaningful way). Although, our beauty girls seem to be getting it done.

My store has the problem of good salesfloor softline tms working during the week, but come Saturday the girls suck. I see the same bullshit every weekend. It's a little better when the softlines tl is scheduled but not much. They spend way to much time talking and very little time working. Sometimes they "help" us de trashing the truck if we are behind. I'd rather they didn't.

Oh dear. We have the same tms all week. They just get buried at the fitting room. They do as well as they can, for the most part.

It's starting to sound like my store is planning to go balls to the wall crazy with this end-to-end stuff starting on the next schedule. Two BRTMs are moving to grocery, along with 2-3 Flow TMs from the FDC team. We'll supposedly be going complete E2E (including everything from truck push to backroom functions to pricing/plano) in Softlines, Grocery, Cosmetics, and Electronics.

Backroom will be left with 3 TMs in total, but they will not touch anything having to do with the E2E departments. Depending on how the first few weeks go, we may eliminate the closing TM and just have an opener and a mid.

ATM, we have E2E for softlines/infant hardlines, HBA/cosmetics, market, and electronics.

Domestics, toys, sport, stationary, and petspaperchemicals (IDK why but at our store everyone says it like it's one word), is all under the remainder of flow.

It seems to work. I like that there's one or two consistent people from the softlines E2E team that does baby because I know they'll always be there so I can tell them to keep an eye out for displays coming in. :)

I'm still slightly worried about the future of presentation.

Same, I have no idea how they would deal with the Signing TM in a store.

The Only way I see them getting rid of our position is by outsourcing it (Like this BDS/Electronics Transition)

This is sounding so intimidating :/ So what does this mean for hours? I am a softlines tm and we were told this is getting implemented on the new schedul for us. . .but Im not aure what thats going to lead to. Right now I am used to 35 hours (only been getting 20 with the craptastic payroll) is that going to still be a thing? Will we still have dedicated closers? One of my gals is only available 6 to close and gets 25hrs will she be affected? The mind must know! *shifty eyes* will fr be eliminated cause that would actually be uzeful at my store -_-

We are looking for those with open availability (or close) to get in the 35+ hr neighborhood. You would be responsible for basically everything in a specific department. I'm not sure about those with limited availability.

What is all this? I haven't heard a peep of this in my store? Does it not effect the front end?

Same, I have no idea how they would deal with the Signing TM in a store.

The Only way I see them getting rid of our position is by outsourcing it (Like this BDS/Electronics Transition)

Sorry, BDS?

Or by getting rid of the signing that the signing TM is responsible for.

hahahahahaha the idea of Target *not* doing overheads is ridiculous

We are looking for those with open availability (or close) to get in the 35+ hr neighborhood. You would be responsible for basically everything in a specific department. I'm not sure about those with limited availability.
Thats a relief for me I have complete open though they dont schedule me to that :/ hopefully they will include me then I cant survive on less than 32. . .idk what that means for my lovely lady who cant work till after 4 :(

Most likely, she will help with fitting room, or possibly still be closing zoner. I don't think they have figured that out.

Back