MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

1 tm starts pushing market at 7 when the truck is unloaded. Another market tm does some tasks until about 9am then joins the Tm in market and push auto fills when done with auto fills both start grabbing Uboats and push until finished. Another TM does come in at 11 to help push market but I don't understand this whole E2E thing. It took 8 hours to push market instead of 30 minutes having flow do it.

8 hours of work is 8 hours of work no matter how many people are pushing. You can either have 1 TM push for 8 hours or have 16 TMs push for 30 minutes, it makes no difference. The one TM in E2E is expected to zone as well, so it's going to take a little longer. However, that time is made up by not having Sales Floor TMs zone grocery in the evening. Targets grocery model is a completely broken joke. Flow teams don't FIFO or zone causing the consumer to lose faith in Target's grocery model. That's why grocery was one of the first sections to roll out E2E.

I find that hard to believe.
Dead serious. Our store is so wrecked in other sections that we barely touch our grocery section. It's zoned while pushing, other than that- nothing.

Pilots/Initiatives
I was referring to what is the pilot called? I don't see "End to End" or "E2E" on my pilots list, however was curious if they called it something else.

Dead serious. Our store is so wrecked in other sections that we barely touch our grocery section. It's zoned while pushing, other than that- nothing.

I was referring to what is the pilot called? I don't see "End to End" or "E2E" on my pilots list, however was curious if they called it something else.
It's referred to as E2E within each rollout guide. One is the Grocery Operating Model or something similar, and the other is A&A.

A couple weeks in and our grocery team has pretty much destroyed the backroom. They leave carts of QMOS lying around long enough for a nation of flies to develop. They hide carts of backstock in almost every aisle. They take more PDAs than they need, leaving backroom TMs sharing one and LODs cracking down on who has exactly what. They have Uboats for every aisle, but still leech up steel carts. They don't do their own trash (which is a lot).

Everyone aside from their TL knows how much of a clusterfuck it is and we're just waiting to see if they'll eventually sink or swim. And it's not looking good for them.

I think the biggest issue with this is market is being pushed during store hours. You could have the same amount of man hours, possibly even less, and just move those hours to before the store opens, and things could be completed much more efficiently.

Target can't expect to have a true grocery section, yet not invest the actual time and money into it. Any normal grocery store finishes all stocking by the time the store is open, and daytime employees are there to replenish as needed.

Currently how things appear to be set up, is a majority of stocking is done in the morning while guests are trying to shop. No time is being made to replenish and research. I think replenishment should be top priority, over pushing new merchandise. A lot of Target food spends way too much time in the back when it needs to be on the floor.

You don't have to FIFO if all the shelves are empty.
reece.JPG

Well this week my store launched its Market E2E and it's a disaster. One person on unload. That person then pushes by themselves until the market opener who comes in at 7am is done with a couple tasks which lasts until 9am. Those 2 team members push the auto fills and then when done pushing go to lunch at 10:30am. After lunch the 2 team members go back to pushing market until a 11:30 am member comes in to help. After taking each U-boat, pushing it, then backstocking Market push wasn't done until 2pm!

How on earth is this more productive then having flow do it and finish within 20-30 minutes? Don't get me started on C&S which took a full 8 hour shift to push.

20-30min for your flow team.. Either you have a tiny market section or a tiny store..
You don't have to FIFO if all the shelves are empty.
reece.JPG

It just comes out of the backroom out of date.

That looks like it'd be vendor product that got sto'd. We had mission tortillas in the back for YEARS that sat there until we got the time to 12 step. Doesn't pop up as d code so it was missed for a long time.

That looks like it'd be vendor product that got sto'd. We had mission tortillas in the back for YEARS that sat there until we got the time to 12 step. Doesn't pop up as d code so it was missed for a long time.

What i mean is if it was really 2013 that bag would be entire Green, if not completely void of any physical form at that point.

Hey anyone know a part number for like bottle pushers for like coolers. I dont know if there is one but like if someone has something or somewhere where i could get one that would be awesome

I take back what I said about the market rollout being a success so far. Even with the absolutely absurd amount of hours that are being pumped into the rollout, Market is crashing and burning. All of the coolers and freezers are filled to capacity with backstock, leaving almost no vehicles for Backroom to use and the situation gets worse every day. I couldn't set the U-Boat section of the line last night because all of the designated U-Boats were occupied by backstock in the various coolers. And all of this is even with the insane amount of hours that they are consuming, and it's really hurting every other workcenter because a lot of our hours are being siphoned off to try to make the rollout a success during a time of the year where hours are already sparse. Last night we had a single Hardlines closer, one cashier, 2 Softlines closers, the GSTL, the closing LOD, and me the closing Backroom TM. This is for an AA volume store while Market had 3 closers and a total of 8 TMs throughout the day for full 8-hour shifts. The number of hours that are being poured into the rollout does not seem to be making it work, and it's bringing down the rest of the store with it.

I hope that they can get it working, and fast. I can see End to End working out well, especially with Market, but it definitely has a lot of growing pains to go through and our store isn't adapting well to it.

I take back what I said about the market rollout being a success so far. Even with the absolutely absurd amount of hours that are being pumped into the rollout, Market is crashing and burning. All of the coolers and freezers are filled to capacity with backstock, leaving almost no vehicles for Backroom to use and the situation gets worse every day. I couldn't set the U-Boat section of the line last night because all of the designated U-Boats were occupied by backstock in the various coolers. And all of this is even with the insane amount of hours that they are consuming, and it's really hurting every other workcenter because a lot of our hours are being siphoned off to try to make the rollout a success during a time of the year where hours are already sparse. Last night we had a single Hardlines closer, one cashier, 2 Softlines closers, the GSTL, the closing LOD, and me the closing Backroom TM. This is for an AA volume store while Market had 3 closers and a total of 8 TMs throughout the day for full 8-hour shifts. The number of hours that are being poured into the rollout does not seem to be making it work, and it's bringing down the rest of the store with it.

I hope that they can get it working, and fast. I can see End to End working out well, especially with Market, but it definitely has a lot of growing pains to go through and our store isn't adapting well to it.

You in my store?

Most aren't. I discovered the other store near me who is doing e2e and its just like your. Our internal discussions amongst ourselves is this is failing because the people we have can't keep up. The new ignore anything but their own section, the old are overworked and the things I could pass off now, chew through time.

Most aren't. I discovered the other store near me who is doing e2e and its just like your. Our internal discussions amongst ourselves is this is failing because the people we have can't keep up. The new ignore anything but their own section, the old are overworked and the things I could pass off now, chew through time.

Having worked the major of my time in Market as a Target TM (PA) I will say it takes a special person to make it work (pats self on back).

Right now I think we are just trying to get into a routine. The team is acting like flow and working together rather than working their "area". They scheduled everyone to leave when market is the busiest. Whole point is more face time with guest. 1 postive note they do respond to back up, well 2 of them do.

Back