MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

Is anyone running an efficient market e2e process? Food tl just quit and I'm taking on the department until we figure out a new leader. I have an idea of what I can fix but just wondering where others have had success (keeping asants in mind)
for the most part. there's been some fishy shit coming from the STL that none of us agree with, but our team is super strong (minus like two people). we all support each other and we all communicate to where we know what's done and what hasn't been done. when our TL isn't there me and one of the girls who's been there longer take charge. but we divide it so that she takes charge in open market and i take charge in dry market. that way we have two different teams. once we're all done with our tasks we all just kind of combine and help each other with backstock, pushing, pulling, etc. it's effective so far.... so far.

Exactly this.. Market will have three TM's in the aisle and the call box for seasonal which is actually on the corner of market and seasonal will go off they will not walk the 10ft over to clear it..
that's my least favorite thing. ive been with target for a while now so i know how to clear calls and when i should be answering them. the majority of my team tho, does not. and it frustrates not only me but my TL. i think that's our only downfall. especially since two of our team members are new and were immediately trained into the E2E process so their skills with phones is bad, one of them was backroom and they never learned to answer phones, the other one was from flow and again, they were never focused on answering phone calls or walkies. the seniority group always is always the go to when we have to pick up calls or clear anything.

that's my least favorite thing. ive been with target for a while now so i know how to clear calls and when i should be answering them. the majority of my team tho, does not. and it frustrates not only me but my TL. i think that's our only downfall. especially since two of our team members are new and were immediately trained into the E2E process so their skills with phones is bad, one of them was backroom and they never learned to answer phones, the other one was from flow and again, they were never focused on answering phone calls or walkies. the seniority group always is always the go to when we have to pick up calls or clear anything.

Flow answer a call box? "We don't know how." Did you ever ask anyone to show you? "No." Repeat that answer for many of the flow TM's. Now that they have shown they have no intention of doing anything other than the bare minimum asked of them, I let that call box go to third request and let the LOD sort out why TM's who crawling all over market can't get a call box they are 10ft from.

Is anyone running an efficient market e2e process? Food tl just quit and I'm taking on the department until we figure out a new leader. I have an idea of what I can fix but just wondering where others have had success (keeping asants in mind)
I don't know that I would call ours "efficient" but they are coming clean each day. Don't think they're getting much stand alone research done though.

Flow answer a call box? "We don't know how." Did you ever ask anyone to show you? "No." Repeat that answer for many of the flow TM's. Now that they have shown they have no intention of doing anything other than the bare minimum asked of them, I let that call box go to third request and let the LOD sort out why TM's who crawling all over market can't get a call box they are 10ft from.

One of my biggest gripes with Spot, we do no train Team Members in all aspects of the business. I'm not talking the E2E stuff either. A lot of things that Team Members need to know to be able to function within our daily operation are never explained and taught to new Team Members over time.

To someone like me (past experience), it is obvious that we had a very good operation once upon a time. However, as time has gone by the things that made it work are being lost through attrition.

The My Device is the biggest waste of resources if you're not going to fully train EVERYONE on how to use the thing to its potential.

This is already showing up as E2E moves forward. Attrition of Team Members with 5 years or more experience is going to become a serious problem when it comes to this type of program. Your not going to have the experience to be able to carryout such a process. If you have been through major changes, you know exactly what I am talking about.

We need a annual training matrix to make sure we're all working at a minimum level. A legitimate one needs to happen or we're screwed going forward given where we're headed.

Last edited:

Yeah I know we used to be in the same district and when we switched to 4am we told leadership we would not get call boxes for them.

It's one thing they didn't cashier train them but it takes four seconds to teach someone to answer a call box. I do it during orientation now.

My market team is still crashing and burning and recently a few of them have started getting very annoyed with the position and the workload attached to it. I haven't seen at least two of them in a while either. Some of them burn batches, there's backstock everywhere since there's not much space due to aforementioned batch burning, and I have yet to see them come clean. Best I've seen was 5 or so U-boats and a flat of beverage left in the evening. Having done exactly what they do before, I'm surprised they work so slowly. They even skip out on CAFs that over an hour long because apparently they can't do them. Meanwhile, the backroom team takes care of pulls that large daily with the same number of people. Though I can understand avoiding the CAFs when you've let the coolers and freezers go to shit. I really can go on and on about all the problems going on with my market team, but I'd be straying from your inquiry.

No.

My store has not had any success with this and it doesn't seem like that will be changing any time soon. On the bright side, you can pretty much write a book of what not to do by observing my store's market team, such as grabbing more equipment than they need in the morning while leaving openers scraps to work with and ignoring fillgroups when backstocking.

I recently witnessed a Flow TM, with a walkie in their hand, tell a guest to press the call button.. instead of just helping. Or using his walkie. This TM is being developed for TL.

Yeah I know we used to be in the same district and when we switched to 4am we told leadership we would not get call boxes for them.

It's one thing they didn't cashier train them but it takes four seconds to teach someone to answer a call box. I do it during orientation now.

Ours were cashier trained, never seen one on a register. I make sure to point out the flow TM's standing behind the GSTL when the LOD calls us from the back of the store.. With radios on.. Call boxes we were not told they were exempt from the basic duties of a TM.. I know market/flow TMs sitting in aisle I am not getting that box since they have radio's and my teams devices. It can go to 3rd request every time. When asked? Well they are right there.

hufflepuff if I saw a TM tell a guest to hit a button and refuse to help a guest and he was on the clock I would make sure he knew that was BS.. And his TL would know as well.. But that is what ETLs want for TL's now a days..

Doesn't look like it

Mine never comes clean, never pulls any of their research, sometimes leaves food truck push for the next day, rarely fills water/ice, asks backroom for help nearly daily.

It's a joke. Market complains they have too much work like they even do a fraction that backroom does. This system isn't working and they might as well revert back to how it was and tell backroom we're backstocking the food truck & pulling/backstocking dry grocery. When it was done that way we had no problem coming clean.

Asants, but at my store the failing market system is just showing how good our backroom is at getting a lot of stuff done and working together.

I'm in softlines also, and we rolled out about 2 months ago. Most of the former Flow still isn't trained in Planogram and most of the afternoon/evening is not trained in folding freight. We found out that until today, only 2 of us actually knew how to backstock properly, (now there are 5 of us), but it seems the biggest issues that we are having at this point have to do with where to put transition and how to sort it directly off the truck to make things easier for the TM's who will eventually pull it. We have so much transition right now that there is no place to put it, so whatever is not in the proper aisle, is wrapped and up on the steel. Some of the TM's did not know that they could use a Zebra to check to see when we may have gotten an item, and whether it is located or not. So we are working to find a way to make that process simplified to the point where anyone can find any casepack at any time. I think a lot of the things that we do in general are going very well, it's just at this point there are some things that we have not run into as of yet, and so we need to work on those things as we go and make improvements along the way.

My store is in the middle of rolling out E2E in softlines and market. I can't speak much about how market is doing but it seems to be going alright for SL. We were already doing the majority of our freight dayside anyway, so all that changed is we got a couple team members trained in price change and instocks (who will focus on those entirely, instead of the everyone does everything approach other stores seem to have taken). Instocks was pretty much neglected entirely beforehand so that can only improve, and most non-hanging freight is usually finished by a couple of people who come in at 4am, so most team members don't even see it. Frankly, this hasn't felt like the huge, terrible overhaul that it was made out to be - for some tms, there's nothing they do any different.

I especially like that there's more control and accountability in the department. When something is done wrong, there's no more complaining about overnight or a different team- we can actually figure out who's making the mistake and teach them how to do it correctly.

For those who are struggling, I think a factor to consider is just basic speed - the more you do something, the faster you get at it. So, no, these newly trained team members can't backstock as quickly as BR team members who have been doing it for a long time. But there's hope that they will get there with time and practice.

This is not technically an E2E of Softlines. While you guys are running freight, if you are an O/N unload all you did was move your freight working to 4AM for Softlines. E2E calls for basically no hours in SL to be spent before store open. You are supposed to schedule all freight 8AM or later. I am sure your process works, but this isn't what other stores are doing (or complaining about) specifically. They are struggling with 100% of their freight getting ran after 8AM.

I'm in softlines also, and we rolled out about 2 months ago. Most of the former Flow still isn't trained in Planogram and most of the afternoon/evening is not trained in folding freight. We found out that until today, only 2 of us actually knew how to backstock properly, (now there are 5 of us), but it seems the biggest issues that we are having at this point have to do with where to put transition and how to sort it directly off the truck to make things easier for the TM's who will eventually pull it. We have so much transition right now that there is no place to put it, so whatever is not in the proper aisle, is wrapped and up on the steel. Some of the TM's did not know that they could use a Zebra to check to see when we may have gotten an item, and whether it is located or not. So we are working to find a way to make that process simplified to the point where anyone can find any casepack at any time. I think a lot of the things that we do in general are going very well, it's just at this point there are some things that we have not run into as of yet, and so we need to work on those things as we go and make improvements along the way.

Yes the way the company handles transition as a whole puts a huge strain on stores. We have to touch/sort all new product, find a place to store, and pull it back out again when its time to set the new areas. This is tons of man power that should somehow be truck to shelf.

I noticed that Market at my store is not a true E2E process - some people come in at 5am to start pushing before the store opens and I observed a backroom TM pulling the Market CAFs. Isn't it one team having to do EVERYTHING themselves with absolutely no help from anyone that isn't in Market? From what people wrote in here, it looks like doing it the way corporate wants it (pushing and doing tasks only while store is open) doesn't make logical sense. Like how can we service guests when we have 346753563463 things to do and little time to do them?

Target also needs to get better regarding the Clearance process. Why do we waste so much time moving around clearance during major resets? Why can't it salvage the week of the set?

And transition product filling up the BR is a night mare (see Back To School - or any major reset.)

Anybody else's store halting the e2e process? Softlines was doing all their own stuff, but then was told not to worry about pulling and backstocking anymore. Beauty and market doesn't do their own price changes or resets/revisions. Electronics doesn't do price changes. That's it.

E2E doesn't work with the current Logistics processes because of the way payroll is allocated. My store barely changed a thing for E2E, so I assume that some stores will be changing back to 'normal' until the processes change, allowing us to be more successful.

I can tell by just walking around my store that the small details (like Research) and the big details (like back stocking BTS product) are falling between the cracks. Can't wait for the big Toys reset, and Halloween, and Christmas! oh boy!

The main focus at my store is finishing the trucks.

BTS is brutal with the high quantities of small items.

And I guarantee we are losing sales from all the unfinished back stock and the OUTS throughout the store. :rolleyes:

Decimating the instocks team, and the BR team is a great idea. o_O

I can tell by just walking around my store that the small details (like Research) and the big details (like back stocking BTS product) are falling between the cracks. Can't wait for the big Toys reset, and Halloween, and Christmas! oh boy!

The main focus at my store is finishing the trucks.

BTS is brutal with the high quantities of small items.

And I guarantee we are losing sales from all the unfinished back stock and the OUTS throughout the store. :rolleyes:

Decimating the instocks team, and the BR team is a great idea. o_O

Yep, the entire project is honestly very rough. While I think the ultimate goal is the right direction, the support in stores is non-existent. We pay too little for our team and it makes it difficult to find good people. I would not trust a majority of my flow team to work in the backroom, research, or anything else detail oriented. Freight end to end is not the end of the world (flow TMs working certain areas), but most backroom functions will remain in my backroom.

E2E

Serious. I assume that will begin once the unloads change.
That's going to piss me off so much if they just completely skip out on making a Fulfillment TL position but still put a dedicated ETL over it.

As of this week, in my store, per Etl ge, who is running e2e, when we detrash nothing is back stocked. All softline table is put in carts. All transition comes to floor.

Back