Archived Enforcing sitting in break room

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work as a barista and my store is now enforcing that we aren’t allowed to sit at the Starbucks while on breaks. I completely understand why, but today a family member came in and wanted to chat for a while, while I was on my 15. A GSA (I don’t think they’re even a GSTL) approached me (via being told by our HR manager) and pretty much tried to force me to go into the break room, WHILE I was sitting and conversing with said family member.
After I informed her that I would go to the back after I finished chatting, they instead decided to stand in front of me and my guest and asked if I was going to move or not, which I then angrily replied with “give me 2 seconds”. They then stormed off, shortly after pulling up a walkie and then tattling to the HR ETL.
Was I in the wrong for not moving immediately? I know the rules and I understand why they’re in place, but the amount of disrespect the GSA showed me and the guest was infuriating. They could have easily (and politely) asked me to wrap it up, and I would have.
It was also infuriating because she talked to me like I was below her, when I have the exact same title, just over at Starbucks.

Well unless you were decked out in full uniform, and were being loud, disruptive, using foul language etc. and literally taking up the last space available to a paying guest, I see absolutely no reason they would have acted like or even tattled. I hope when hr came to talk you mentioned someone coaching you on a 15 and they aren’t even a leader yet alone yours. So sad. Wish I had that kind of time to be on patrol for all team members trying to have a balance of work and life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back