Archived Entertainment remodel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we finished our set today! Woot, a week of work in two days. All that remains is for a little tweaking in the browser and i have to set the new release/coming soon fins, and audit the signing. I know I'm missing a few headers :/ BTW, did everyone experience that they were missing a few TV on DVD headers? I think that was in the early set notes.

Also, there was a note online that some of the colored signing, specifically the orange strips for music that replace those plexi fronts on the shelves were coming up not on planogram but they should go out anyways.

Yep, this is true, I just set the browser today and put all these out, discarding the plexi fronts.

And yep, I agree, none of our runs are on regular tall gondolas, so we threw away 85 or 90 percent of our backer paper! I think ISM just sent the entire package to every store, regardless of prototype/adjacency. There were some that were shipped for "endcaps" but we have the new entertainment gondolas so none of these salesplanners would use the backer paper - it's only on the backwall. I love the colors and built-in header text :)

We finished everything too except for a few touch ups. Missing some signs that I need to audit and need to put up the divider fins on the back wall. They sent some shelves we needed late direct to store so we have to change them out tomorrow.

BTW, did everyone experience that they were missing a few TV on DVD headers? I think that was in the early set notes.

In the early set notes on message board it said that if you did not have enough TV on DVD headers to set them in every other section.

Most everything is done for us, with the exception of my backroom, which they BLEW UP with backstock. I am not happy. My BR team is very unhappy. At least there is a scan coming up soon. I told my team to try not to freak out too bad since they don't do these reinventions too often.

Speaking of the backstock...must they use every damn smart-cart to fill with backstock!? I had a hard time tracking some down after the CAFs started, for the dairy cooler, produce cooler, etc.

They must, they must. And they took every table top we own. BUT, I'd rather that then having it all dumped in repacks. And I've seen that happen before with other things....like cosmetics.:facepalm:

Speaking of the backstock...must they use every damn smart-cart to fill with backstock!? I had a hard time tracking some down after the CAFs started, for the dairy cooler, produce cooler, etc.

We try and use shopping carts but some people don't like those in the backroom!

We use the shopping carts. Didn't really have a choice this time anyway, there wouldn't have been enough smart-carts.

we backstock and pull our own stuff. everyone backstocked their own mmb stuff as they set. the brtl pulled me in the stockroom today and got real huffy because there were 5 people in there (in actuality, there were 1 bs, 1 pulling cds, and 1 pulling movies). said she was trying to work. said they would be in the way when the br team went to pull this am. i asked if she had a problem with their performance or if they were goofing off, she said nope, they were in the way. they're doing their job. i'm not coaching them for that. whatever. (end rant lol)

we didnt receive a lot of fixtures. theyre slowly trickling in, but now we wont be finished until tomorrow and it ticks me off. if i can plan a 496 hour transition with three people, they should be able to send me the right fixtures. our fixture pallet consisted of 10 childrens magazine shelves, and nothing else, no glee focal fixture (hopefully here by friday), no new dvd shelves. but i have four boxes of backer to throw away ;)

but it does look prettier lol

Opened the pressboard fins for the backwall and all three of them are broken. Doesn't really matter much cause they don't really fit worth a damn anyway. Argghh!!!

Opened the pressboard fins for the backwall and all three of them are broken. Doesn't really matter much cause they don't really fit worth a damn anyway. Argghh!!!

Those fins were a pain in the butt. The red CSE boards were too low so I had to raise them. Also had to raise the bottom shelf to fit the fin's groove into the shelf. I didn't even care about moving the top shelf up. Just secured to into the gondola and the bottom shelf.

Yeah the backwall fins are a problem for us. We set our backwall with 4" shelves so none of the brackets will catch! Also, the bottom shelf isn't at the right height!

I discovered today that some of the "missing" in-line headers are actually supposed to be duplicated. It's hard to explain, it's all in movies. If you scan like the Action|Horror|Suspense dvd header, it scans to section one of the pog, but it's also supposed to go in section two as a SECOND FACING, but it isn't listed as a second line item or schematic position. I'm tired so I'm probably typing this all wrong. But i'm just glad to know I'm not missing any headers, and headquarters simply screwed up once again.

They sent us two boxes of backer paper for every music pog when all we needed was two plain pieces and two media storage pieces. And they didn't send any of the headers for music, so CDs are really confusing right now.

did anyone have their itunes move to the twall focal by the music (P2001)?
it's slated to be a 3 ft endcap. ours is 4 ft. we didnt get any of the signing for it. used the orange music backer. very shocking coming down the aisle, but i guess itll look great with halloween around the corner.

Our itunes cards is on a 3ft endcap. Didn't get any signing for it except the small header.

Well we finished our set today! Woot, a week of work in two days. All that remains is for a little tweaking in the browser and i have to set the new release/coming soon fins, and audit the signing. I know I'm missing a few headers :/ BTW, did everyone experience that they were missing a few TV on DVD headers? I think that was in the early set notes.

Yep, this is true, I just set the browser today and put all these out, discarding the plexi fronts.

And yep, I agree, none of our runs are on regular tall gondolas, so we threw away 85 or 90 percent of our backer paper! I think ISM just sent the entire package to every store, regardless of prototype/adjacency. There were some that were shipped for "endcaps" but we have the new entertainment gondolas so none of these salesplanners would use the backer paper - it's only on the backwall. I love the colors and built-in header text :)

Damn dude, how you finish everything in 2 days? How many people do you have working over their?

And whats up with missing headers? It seems were always missing a few during transition I thought by now they'll figure it out and send us all signs or at least extras.

I half wonder, reading through this, are you guys having as much difficulty as I am with how the overnight and backroom teams are handling the remodel? OUR team did NOT finish the remodel on schedule due to electrical outages, and as a result we ended up with an entire isle not set up an ENTIRE WEEK LATER. This means we have had, for the past week, piling and piling carts of push/backstock to occupy our time, and my team has done a marvelous job with the PUSH...but everyone else hasn't done ************. The backstock teams haven't done any backstock (EIGHT CARTS!), and some smartass deliberately shifted in his work load for the night by mixing in backstock with push. This wasted an entire days effort for another TM that didn't know what was going on, when we could have used that time to finish our push three days sooner (was a dead morning).

Honestly, I really do love the new layout (and the expanded books!), but I absolutely HATE how it's being executed. Reading in here, it appears as though my store isn't the only one with horrible execution.

Okay so I brought this thread back from the dead but I didn't want to create a new pointless one that would get shoved down after a few weeks, but did any other stores PMT remove your TVs in entertainment that looped music videos and movie previews? Unfortunately ours were synced up with separate speakers so the sound still plays but no visual. On the plus side though, one speaker is blown apparently—zero sound—and one is so low it's barely audible.

Okay so I brought this thread back from the dead but I didn't want to create a new pointless one that would get shoved down after a few weeks, but did any other stores PMT remove your TVs in entertainment that looped music videos and movie previews? Unfortunately ours were synced up with separate speakers so the sound still plays but no visual. On the plus side though, one speaker is blown apparently—zero sound—and one is so low it's barely audible.
No. Are you an E&E innovation store?

The entertainment TVs in my store will be removed later this month. The Redwire notice mentions that vendors will be in to remove the fixtures and any signing in the next month or two.

My pmt will removed them sometime next week. I saw the work order on redwire. Also, there will be no signing to replace the tvs.

One of ours was frozen on Meghan Trainor's face for several days before it was taken down. Creeped the hell out of me.

Why do Meghan Trainor's music videos look like Target commercials?

Also ours were stuck on Kelly Clarkson

qho81n8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back