Archived Entertainment Transition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was wondering where other stores were at with the transition, and wondering what kind of steps you took to minimize the efforts needed and massive push-back we are experiencing at our store. PM me please as to not let too many details leak. I was tossed into leading the team this week with our PTL xfering. I just don't even know how we can finish this workload+everything else. Tips and tricks would be awesome.

The actual push-back into the new sets. (old product down, now goes to aisle x) We had alot of BS too, had the team actually scanning in NOP to see if it was on a set that week, true backstock, or discontinued product. Ended at 98% on the week, softlines couldn't finish the POGS they had. This was my first week running the team, also the first time I got to handle a transition on this level. I just realized I mispelled transition in the title, no wonder I got only the one response....

At my store, we are behind on it. Sorry for delayed answer. We have more than 6 pogs in the gun & no label strips set yet...

It's a problem in my store. So many backstock. What we backstock, comes out in the pulls. Worse, the ones we pull actually goes out to the floor.

And we have scan on Thursday. I'm also not sure how the MIRs will be after all the paperbacks are now discontinued.

Make sure when you are making your schedule two weeks out that you are looking at what is setting that week and not waiting to look after the fact. Doing this will allow you to tell your STL hey I'm going to need some extra hours because all of music and movies is resetting. If your STL is competent they will give you hours to hopefully bring cross trained people from other depts to help push/pull/backstock. If your STL refuses I would still schedule extremely heavy on the days of the electronics reset and communicate to the TL's they would need to set all of their own salesplanners this week because Plano is going to be involved in the massive electronics transition. Same idea for the backroom TL. They need to have enough people scheduled to pull out the 35+ pogs so Plano can push them and have enough people to backstock 100's and 100's of movies and books without them sitting in repacks or tubs for days on end because they weren't prepared for the workload, with return scans coming for many stores this week its crucial everything be backstocked. Again this all comes down to planning ahead as they schedule is made looking at the transition planning guides.

It's a problem in my store. So many backstock. What we backstock, comes out in the pulls. Worse, the ones we pull actually goes out to the floor.

And we have scan on Thursday. I'm also not sure how the MIRs will be after all the paperbacks are now discontinued.

Backstock with Subt-9999.

Every single Christmas we have this problem.This has to be team effort including the backroom/flow/electronic team lead/signing/and POG. There should be 1 person scheduled whose job it is to back stock electronics with subt999 each day. Electronics should not and can not sit in tubs waiting to be back stocked! It is one of the highest theft areas of any retailer and it needs to be accounted for. The POG team lead needs to be realistic when they are deciding what they are going to set each day and how many POGS they put in to be pulled. The flow team lead needs to alter how the area will be stocked for those few days. Then you need to make sure that all of the people involved know and appreciate how what they are doing is affecting everyone else. I know I am ready to kill a couple of the pog team right now. They are tossing stuff in carts, leaving their work carts where ever they want, and whining about how hard it is and no one understands. Really? How about the poor guys that are back stocking everything AFTER they sort it because it was simply thrown into carts. How about the poor back room team that had to pull all of that product. How about the poor dudes working in the area that have to apologize over and over to guests because of the mess and how long it is taking to find products because although it is set it is not yet stocked and it is sitting in a cart somewhere. And lastly what about the sales floor team that has to come in and finish for the POG team because they spent the first 25 minutes of their shifts talking about what they did the previous night while their team lead checks their email.
Sorry no love for Plano this week. At my store they are acting like whining entitled brats

Yeah, we're getting flexed down for being way under in numbers than where we should be, asking for hours is like pulling teeth. I don't feel too bad then.... We completed all of our workload last week including the other POGs around the store. We were in entertainment from Monday til Thursday. Friday morning we blitzed everything else before we did the CD's. Our backroom will not pull for us, and when I used to work backroom I would always BS with 9999 and for some reason the pulls for MM1/2 would always still want everything we just backstocked.... Luckily had good support from HL ETL and HLTL's last week and they got all the SPL's done for us. I'm dreading Xmas set....... uggggh.

It's always fun on these transitions how you find CDs and DVDs that should have been pulled months, sometimes even years ago.
I found a soundtrack to a movie that had been released four years before.
I wanted to buy but they wouldn't let me.

Yikes! Feel sorry for you. I'm on Plano, but we do our own pulls and back-stock. So any mistakes we may make us up to us to correct.

Dumping stuff in carts and just handing it off to someone else is just beyond me...

Actually the ones we pull actually goes out to the floor.

Basically Plano didn't push it.

Yikes! Feel sorry for you. I'm on Plano, but we do our own pulls and back-stock. So any mistakes we may make us up to us to correct.

Dumping stuff in carts and just handing it off to someone else is just beyond me...

I sincerely thank you! my plano team leaves their backstock to the backroom team who leaves it for us overnighters, and the CD and movie transitions are by far among the worst because they stack it in shopping carts as full as they can so its disorderly, and falls all over the floor when you try to move the carts

Actually the ones we pull actually goes out to the floor.

Basically Plano didn't push it.

Oh whoops my bad, I didn't read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back