Archived ESIM LABELS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just... how do you* break something that’s literally worked for years if not decades... and not know how to fix it.
Its because they are changing the coding on things and didn't realize this was a side affect.

Before all of this the "new" system/zebra did not recognize guest service license plates and we are around the corner from eliminating the "old" system/PDA/ charge back utilities menu.

Its annoying but it was bound to happen. I wouldn't stop defecting at a register and instructions were not given to. Its not difficult for the receiver to sort either by experience or look at the label.

Its because they are changing the coding on things and didn't realize this was a side affect.

Before all of this the "new" system/zebra did not recognize guest service license plates and we are around the corner from eliminating the "old" system/PDA/ charge back utilities menu.

Its annoying but it was bound to happen. I wouldn't stop defecting at a register and instructions were not given to. Its not difficult for the receiver to sort either by experience or look at the label.
hopefully when POS (soon according to taytay) switches to ZPL* they'll fix this.

The cart attendant sorts it in the back room? Not at my store. They put in all in a box and it ends up on the floor in receiving. I get box after box of junk they don’t want to deal with. The even put stuff back there with a note on it to toss.
Are you sure you’re not at my store? Everything that Guest Service doesn’t want, they just dump on a tub or flat and put it by reverse logistics. Cardboard, salvage, ESIM, toss and QMOS is usually given to us every night and for us to deal with in the morning. It’s been happening for years but we’re okay with that. We’re just not okay when Guest Service brings more of the salvage AFTER we process our salvage pallet.

I think the majority of us understand it was bound to happen but the issue is the old system is broken before a replacement is rolled out. The “old” system is still used right now because the “new” system has not been replaced. I would think the developers would change the code affecting the new system but I’m not sure about it how coding and the system works.

It’s difficult for the receiver to determine the correct category when some things are FL when you think it’s ST or vice versa (rubbing alcohol and makeup items). The label that gets printed out says only ESIM. The label doesn’t not give the category such as ST, FL, CA, E-Recycling, etc. You can go off of experience but ESIM is required by law to be separated correctly. If the labels were broken but ESIM sort was working, that’s okay but both labels and ESIM sort are broken. It’s taking more out of our limited time to sort correctly in the bins.

My rant after majority of my store thinks the category label is not of importance.

Last edited:
Isn't POS 1.0 losing the ability to print defect labels anyway?

our backroom tl and etl log said, “it was a known issue” and that they were working on, but also waiting to see if it fixes itself with new updates. when they mysupported it and called the csc they were led to believe it was an error/ glitch and not an actual change.

if you notice on sort stuff at guest service, you have to override to esim for a lot of the items. it’s not asking if it’s leaking or damaged like it normally did... it’s going straight to salvage with k5 the override to esim. i’d hope it’s a glitch and not something that’s here to stay. i’ve already caught one tm salvaging clear bag and seal items.

our backroom tl and etl log said, “it was a known issue” and that they were working on, but also waiting to see if it fixes itself with new updates. when they mysupported it and called the csc they were led to believe it was an error/ glitch and not an actual change.

if you notice on sort stuff at guest service, you have to override to esim for a lot of the items. it’s not asking if it’s leaking or damaged like it normally did... it’s going straight to salvage with k5 the override to esim. i’d hope it’s a glitch and not something that’s here to stay. i’ve already caught one tm salvaging clear bag and seal items.

This throws me for a loop every time. I'm so used to doing K3>K1>K8 without actually reading the screens anymore. Now I need to remind myself to slow down for ESIM items and remember to override.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back