Archived ETL interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my third ETL interview with a DTL and STL at one of there home offices. I've heard rumors spot doesn't like experience. I am an assistant manager at Wally World as an operations manager, which is like your ETL LOG married in with ETL GE and ETL HR. I get paid a lot as my position is considered a senior position. Is it worth coming over to Spot? I have a an AA and a BS degree and manager food safety certified. What should I ask for when it comes to pay?

Yes it is negotiable and they may put you on a fast track to Stl w all your experience.
But just be aware that target is not like Wally w payroll. You have to be much more hands on at target. And there are less high volume stores around. The lower the volume, the lower the pay and worse the payroll gets. Let's hope you get a high volume store!!!

Depending on what part of the world you're in - you can possibly get into the mid-70's...maybe even high 70's. Retail is retail - if you like it, it will probably be a better job with every other weekend off, cleaner environment (from an outsiders perspective as I've not spent time at WW), "better" customers. If you don't like it, this will just be a better bad.

Good Luck

I am located in targets back yard. Cough cough. Yes it would be a cleaner environment. I do enjoy my schedule: 3 on 3 off 12 hour shifts. I'm still going through with the interview and to get a feel for what they want.

However, my concern is years of experience. I've heard Spot doesnt like assistants (ETLs) with experience. I'm already an established leader at my company and have a set leadership style that I enjoy and many other people respect. I don't want to be molded into something else.

Spot likes to hire fresh out of college grads. Recent college grads account for like 85% of their ETL hires. The other 15% come from internal team members and outside hires like yourself.

With your experience you'll probably be put in a logistics ETL role. SR Merch ETL could be the track they put you on if they are that impressed with your past. A couple years ago I would have said good luck, but now the new CEO is a former Walmart guy himself, so more doors might be open now.

Pay is going to depend heavily on the area and store volume. Like someone else said Target doesn't have as many real high volume stores like Walmart does. I can't speak for ETL pay, but as a team member getting them to pay for experience is possible, but can be like pulling teeth.

Last edited:
I am located in targets back yard. Cough cough. Yes it would be a cleaner environment. I do enjoy my schedule: 3 on 3 off 12 hour shifts. I'm still going through with the interview and to get a feel for what they want.

However, my concern is years of experience. I've heard Spot doesnt like assistants (ETLs) with experience. I'm already an established leader at my company and have a set leadership style that I enjoy and many other people respect. I don't want to be molded into something else.

Your experience won't be a hindrance, but the difference in cultures might. Like you, I worked at Wally World as well (Co-MGR). The culture is VERY different. It's more like a cult at Target, and they are not as opened to being challenged. You can negotiate your pay though, so if you are offered the position, make sure you are compensated well. Btw- you will definitely work more hours per year at Target than at Wally.

I know that not all areas are the same with pay, but in my region you would deffiently make more than 50k. Most people in my area start around 54-58. I knew a GE who Was a college hire making 69 after only 18months. Of course you schedule would probably involve more hours, minimum of 50 a week during non-peak times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back