Archived ETL on ETL hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of our ETLs has a bit of an effeminate voice. Another ETL constantly makes fun of this behind his back to others including myself. This makes me very uncomfortable and I want to tell him off but obviously that would be a poor idea if I want to keep my job. What do I do?

You could try being an adult and talk to him like one. Or tell your ETL-HR, your STL, or any other ETL for that matter. If you've tried those 4+ options and it still happens, then try the hotline.

You could try being an adult and talk to him like one. Or tell your ETL-HR, your STL, or any other ETL for that matter. If you've tried those 4+ options and it still happens, then try the hotline.
IMO its not about the OP being an adult and talking to him. Its more about an etl knowing they are suppose to be a leader and that means behaving like one . We all know that if you walk up to most etls and give them feedback ( ie hey you upset me by saying this etc) they are going to retaliate the best they know how at some point ( once again this is most not all). Go to the hr...this should be the golden solution because but most of the time the hr is going to listen then run right to the etl and tell them what was said and who said OR they will give just info that its clear who said it .

IMO its not about the OP being an adult and talking to him. Its more about an etl knowing they are suppose to be a leader and that means behaving like one . We all know that if you walk up to most etls and give them feedback ( ie hey you upset me by saying this etc) they are going to retaliate the best they know how at some point ( once again this is most not all). Go to the hr...this should be the golden solution because but most of the time the hr is going to listen then run right to the etl and tell them what was said and who said OR they will give just info that its clear who said it .
Fair enough, and I'm sure that's how it is at most stores, just not mine. I can go to any ETL without fearing retaliation, or I could go to the ETL-HR about a problem knowing she wouldn't do anything about it.

Fair enough, and I'm sure that's how it is at most stores, just not mine. I can go to any ETL without fearing retaliation, or I could go to the ETL-HR about a problem knowing she wouldn't do anything about it.
There was a point in time my store was like that and I miss it . Now , if there is an issue you pretty much have three options. Ignore it . Pray and hope it gets better. Or call the hotline .

I'm the kind of person who would call the asshole out on their games but I tend to be a bit suicidal on certain issues often speaking up without thinking about the long term consequenses.
Not everyone is in the position to take losing their job over something like this but still want to fix the problem.
Going to the HR ETL is probably your best bet and if they ask why you didn't speak up explain that you didn't want to be caught in the middle of management rivalries.

If the behavior continues after you talk to HR (give it some time to change, Spot works slowly) then call the hotline and use terms like hostile work environment.

If an ETL is acting that way to begin with, I suspect that they aren't going to be all that receptive to: 1) changing their behavior, and 2) having their hostile behavior pointed out by an underling.

If you feel safe going to either the HR-ETL or the STL, try that. If you have concerns about retaliation, go through the hot line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back