Archived ETL question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the 4 year college degree requirement is removed now, "4 year degree or equivalent experience" (even when the requirement was there, their were waivers for it)

I will have 2 years of experience by August, and i will receive my 2 year degree (AA) by June as well. Think i have a case for atleast an interview?

ETL-Sales Floor, ETL-HR, ETL-AP & STL all know i want to move up to ETL one day.

Yes that would suffice. Be mindful it is actually up to the DTL, mine still requires a four year degree

Yes that would suffice. Be mindful it is actually up to the DTL, mine still requires a four year degree
All my ETLs have four year degrees and they all say it's required in my area. Why? Who knows, because all my ETLs have less retail experience than me and are younger.
I have an AA and a few college certificates, but they act like that isn't worth shit.
It's the four year degree in basket weaving that's more important.

They have also told us at the D.C. It's no longer required as long as you can match it with experience, while it's no longer required in sure it's still preferred

I think it depends on the area. I think they removed it for two reasons...

1) Poaching from competitors... Most other retailers do not require it, and Target wants to steal talent from other places when it suits them
2) If your district's staffing gets bad, they can lower the education requirement until they are staffed (giving them control). If your district is staffed they can say they are requiring degrees and then once they have a ton of needs turn around and not need them.

Interesting that they removed this requirement. One of our ETLs was just telling me that Spot is pressuring him to get his Master's degree.

You guys think i could make a case for ETL with AA degree and 2 years of target experience? Or do you think i would have to go to TL -> SRTL -> ETL?

4 etl positions open in my state

Last edited:
You guys think i could make a case for ETL with AA degree and 2 years of target experience? Or do you think i would have to go to TL -> SRTL -> ETL?

From TL to ETL is possible. I think it is definitely possible to skip Sr TL.

The experience they want is management experience, not Target experience. I have seen people go from TM to ETL with a degree through an internship, or because they had a degree and previous management experience elsewhere.
Your first step should be to let the leadership team in your store know that you want to move up.

The experience they want is management experience, not Target experience. I have seen people go from TM to ETL with a degree through an internship, or because they had a degree and previous management experience elsewhere.
Your first step should be to let the leadership team in your store know that you want to move up.
Every ETL is aware i want to move up. I talked to the STL and he said one i get my two year degree we can talk about leadership (Assuming TL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back