Archived ETL... quitting!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been an ETL-HR for 8 months, and my job is not at all it's cracked up to be. They say it's supposed to be like 75 percent management and 25 percent task, and the ETL's in my store are expected to do the opposite. Here in Alabama, half of our stores are going to SrTL HR, so both of the stores I've been at have been HR heavy. It's difficult to share the position with another person, and to constantly be treating HR as a bandaid (who are we fixing to call in? how do we recognize people who don't even want to be here?) and never using HR as a positive outlet. It's the culture of my store.

THAT BEING SAID... I have two final interviews next week as a Recruiter which is what I really want to do, and I am so excited. How do I quit my job?? Should I tell my STL i'm interviewing? I hate that i'm screwing over a store before 4th quarter, too.

Wait 'til everything else is set up with the new job, put in for any vay-cay, tie up other loose ends THEN give your two weeks.
Depending on your STL, they'll probably walk you out that day as there is the potential for sabotage/theft from someone who has pretty much unfettered access so don't take it personally & be prepared to be treated as a pariah.
Good luck.

That's what I'm nervous about. I love the team, but god damn I am just not built for 60+ hours, a negative culture, and retail.

All the more reason to not worry about Q4.
If you have a 401K, get the paperwork so you can transfer it when you're ready.

When my first ETL-HR gave her two weeks, she was allowed to stay but the STL barely acknowledged her during that time. Another ETL-HR offered to give her notice and was shown the door immediately (after the first one ended up poaching team members).

Either way, don't do anything until the new job is secure and in writing.

Don't worry about your store. As you said, there are plenty of others who can step in.

Don't worry about the store. Most can run a few weeks without an etl hr.

Don't worry about the timing. Most stores and district have a floater on standby. You are not helping the store if you no longer have the passion for it and trying to work through it.

Heck when our STL told us of her departure, she already had an interim STL in place. I'm not sure how long a notice she gave but the store didn't find out until her last week.

Don't worry about the store. Most can run a few weeks without an etl hr.

Yup, I haven't had an HR ETL in months and we still haven't gotten a Sr HR TL. I am being told I will get a Sr HR TL very soon, otherwise I will have to clone myself for Q4 and all the staffing that needs to be done lol.

Yup, I haven't had an HR ETL in months and we still haven't gotten a Sr HR TL. I am being told I will get a Sr HR TL very soon, otherwise I will have to clone myself for Q4 and all the staffing that needs to be done lol.

My ETL HR is LOD so much she has allowed me to train a second HR team member. Lol it's way too much work for one person.

My ETL HR is LOD so much she has allowed me to train a second HR team member. Lol it's way too much work for one person.
I did not enjoy doing that orientation last week by myself with 13 new team members and filling out all the paperwork and I9s by myself. We will need to hire about 75 seasonal TM and I will need someone to help setting up interviews and onboarding the new Team Members.

I did not enjoy doing that orientation last week by myself with 13 new team members and filling out all the paperwork and I9s by myself. We will need to hire about 75 seasonal TM and I will need someone to help setting up interviews and onboarding the new Team Members.

Ugh yeah I just cleared pending and have 17 potentials after all my screening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back