Archived ETL

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for the last couple of days my ETL has been " Just Kidding" with me I mentioned I was sleepy yesterday and needed a coffee, his response was to list all of the things I do daily RTS, Cycle counts, put the order up, wait on guests, fill, count scripts etc then said to the other girl so do you think shes overworked. Today he was constantly doing the same thing and at one point when he could feel I was getting upset he said " Aww why dont you quit and find another job if you think you have it bad" I dont understand this attitude at all I am there every day and work my butt off.. does anyone have any ideas?

Ask him if he plans on working for CVS when they take over Target's pharmacies.
If the answer is 'yes', I'd start looking elsewhere.
Let him find out what all you actually do.
Hopefully, @tgtcpht will have better advice.

He's a dickhead.

And frankly, it's a bit hypocritical when ETL's and LODs walk around the store with a cup of coffee in their hand and a clipboard complaining about everything.

I do a awful lot and also order supplies.. He knows that. The lead tech does her lead stuff and thats all! And yes I think he is staying with CVS.. I just dont know what to think hes always been nice enough even buying us lunch from time to time..

I know Danny, it wasnt like I was going to drink it while working!

Maybe the reality of working for CVS has taken hold & he's taking it out on you, a hard worker.

He's a dickhead.

And frankly, it's a bit hypocritical when ETL's and LODs walk around the store with a cup of coffee in their hand and a clipboard complaining about everything.
ETL-Rxs don't "walk around the store....complaining about everything," they're the pharmacists & dont have that luxury...

Personally, I have always been quick to react to these types of things. I find that it really helps to nip these types of thinges in the bud, and express yourself right away. I would've responded right away with something to let that ETL know they were out of line. Some people get carried away with what they think is a "joke" and have no idea when to draw the line.

Personally, I'd walk out & find a different job. ISTM like he has his "pets" and, unfortunately, you may not be one of them. I wouldn't put up with someone trivializing my feelings like that.

That being said, your TL SERIOUSLY only does "her lead stuff"? I'm not a TL, but I know what they have to do and I don't see how she can fill an entire week with "RxTL stuff."

ETL-Rxs don't "walk around the store....complaining about everything," they're the pharmacists & dont have that luxury...
Oh, I thought the OP was talking about ETLs in general. My bad.

Still, I think the OP should be allowed to have coffee if he feels tired to the point where work is more difficult.

Oh, I thought the OP was talking about ETLs in general. My bad.

Still, I think the OP should be allowed to have coffee if he feels tired to the point where work is more difficult.
It's all good. I think every other department pretty much does what you described ;)

We have coffee in the pharmacy all the time....even our ETL! Have to keep it off stage, but we can always run over real quick and take a drink.

By the way, I really didn't mean to insinuate that all ETLs just walk around and complain about everything. There are some good ETLs, and I've even had a couple good ones before. But I've also had bad experiences. And I don't even think it's their fault, it's just poor training. But some people can just be jerks in general , and that goes for everyone, from the smallest positions to the STL.

Thanks everyone for the good advice.. I'm going to let him know that his "joking" is getting out of line. I really am hoping that hes not trying to get me to quit. I Love my job and I love my guest's. I'm just going to keep doing what I do but I am going to start looking for another job. I will let everyone know how it goes.

Tell him you don't appreciate his attitude towards you when you were attempting to be honest with him.

If you really want to put him in his place just use the magic words. "I dont appreciate the 'hostile work environment' you created yesterday. I'd really prefer if that didn't happen anymore"

Be prepared to clean up the poop on his pants.

Tell him you don't appreciate his attitude towards you when you were attempting to be honest with him.

If you really want to put him in his place just use the magic words. "I dont appreciate the 'hostile work environment' you created yesterday. I'd really prefer if that didn't happen anymore"

Be prepared to clean up the poop on his pants.

Call for your friendly cart attendant!

He's a dickhead.

Document all events.

I am starting to learn this, the GS score for grocery is in the crap for my store, mostly because my partner PA is crap and one of the laziest people I have ever met. I have started recording the GS scores for the day I open and the day he does....

Just to say we were 75%, I opened 4 days, and it was 100% each day, as well as the time frame for my closing day, after i cleaned up his mess... I also have printed out a sheet with research scans YTD, I'll just say someone is at 4,000, and another is at 367 (And I get asked why we are out of something).

YGBFKM

I have started writing these incidents down, everytime he rolls his eyes at me or looks disgusted. I really have never done anything to this man ...

I have started writing these incidents down, everytime he rolls his eyes at me or looks disgusted. I really have never done anything to this man ...
Document everything. Spot will get them. Also, talk to hr at your store on your concerns.

Last edited:
Everything seemed fine today, but he needs me to work 9-7 on wednesday. So we will see how Thursday goes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back