Archived Executive Team Leader Internship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interns are awesome to have around. They simply need properly trained and the expectation set for them from the get go. They should be trained on how to be a leader, not how to go get carts. For those of you that sound like you hate them, there is no need to be jealous because they could potentially be your boss someday soon. That is the best time to help teach them the ropes and get to know them!

Every intern should learn how to get carts. They should learn how to cashier. They should work buggies of reshop. They should pull pulls. They should push pulls. They should make a bail. They should QMOS. They should zone toys to planagram. They should come in with flow on a truck day. They should help POG reset mens. They should set endcaps.

Every intern should learn how to get carts. They should learn how to cashier. They should work buggies of reshop. They should pull pulls. They should push pulls. They should make a bail. They should QMOS. They should zone toys to planagram. They should come in with flow on a truck day. They should help POG reset mens. They should set endcaps.

This. They can only learn so much from shadowing the ETLs. Hands-on experience helps them have a better understanding of the store processes.

'Real' leaders don't just stand around & delegate; they jump in & lead by example. Nor should they be squeamish about asking someone to do anything they themselves wouldn't do. I've seen execs out in the lot rounding up carts when needed (cue "Rawhide" theme here).

'Real' leaders don't just stand around & delegate; they jump in & lead by example. Nor should they be squeamish about asking someone to do anything they themselves wouldn't do. I've seen execs out in the lot rounding up carts when needed (cue "Rawhide" theme here).

My ETL-AP, who is notorious for sitting in 209 the whole time when she's LOD, helped with carts one time when our closing cart attendant was behind.

the interns watched me tonight for about 5 minutes...I am pretty sure they are as scared of the fitting room as most of the TL's/ETL's in the building.

the interns watched me tonight for about 5 minutes...I am pretty sure they are as scared of the fitting room as most of the TL's/ETL's in the building.

They must of seen the mult carts of sl reshop around you. Then you popped your head out & said, boo!

They must of seen the mult carts of sl reshop around you. Then you popped your head out & said, boo!

your right, it was the boo!! I forgot to put the peek a in front of it....they had no idea what to do with themselves..lol

(It probably was the fact that I answered a phone, guest and the LOD questions without pause and while doing the sorting...I am super woman!! J/K)

Originally Posted by commiecorvus
I suspect that nate knows a dozen ways to take out an intern that wouldn't leave any stains.
Of that, I have no doubt.
But, should the need arise (ahem), I'm always ready with the degreaser.
Wait.....I think I saw him carrying something large into the walk-in....?
Gotta go.
Grabbing a baseball bat from sporting goods.

I suspect that nate knows a dozen ways to take out an intern that wouldn't leave any stains.
Of that, I have no doubt.
But, should the need arise (ahem), I'm always ready with the degreaser.
Wait.....I think I saw him carrying something large into the walk-in....?
Gotta go.

And every intern does learn that...weather it be as an intern or ETL, it is madatory. It blows me away that you think you are the only one who works in your store. It is a whole team effort. Everyone works their butt off. It is insulting for,you to think that you are the only one to work. I bet if you walked a day in your leaders shoes, you may have a wake up call. I believe it is fair for everyone, NO MATTER WHAT LEVEL, to walk a day in your boss's shoes. I knowmthisnbecause I have challenged this several times, and every time I have been out in my place by seeing the amount of work they do. Try it sometime!!!!

And every intern does learn that...weather it be as an intern or ETL, it is madatory. It blows me away that you think you are the only one who works in your store. It is a whole team effort. Everyone works their butt off. It is insulting for,you to think that you are the only one to work. I bet if you walked a day in your leaders shoes, you may have a wake up call. I believe it is fair for everyone, NO MATTER WHAT LEVEL, to walk a day in your boss's shoes. I knowmthisnbecause I have challenged this several times, and every time I have been out in my place by seeing the amount of work they do. Try it sometime!!!!

What are you talking about?

This may, or may not, be accurate.

As a semi-related side-story:

I'd been working at Target for maybe 2 months, was still lost in the sauce, and was generally as useless as a daytime backroom TM in softlines. The LOD that day walks up to me, as I'm busily trying to figure out my ass from my elbows, and asks me to follow him... I do. We walk across the store and, in what I can only assume was some attempt to be James Bond, turns his back from a "guest" and whispers that this "guest" has been stalking a TM for a couple weeks. I looked at him in a confused manner and just stared for probably a solid 30 seconds. When the LOD didn't respond (former air force btw, which I find personally amusing), I just shrugged, walked over and told the "guest" if he kept following (TMs name) I'd be following him, I then implied that I was involved with this TM and would be happy to step outside to settle things.

Haven't seen him once since that day. And for clarity, I absolutely would have settled the issue outside (off the clock of course), I do not tolerate sexual harassment at all, and men who feel the need to physically (or in any other way) intimidate women are scum.

I gotta say I love our 2 interns (we might have a third but I am not 100% on that)...they know TM's names and are interested in really getting to know the inner workings of our Target. Of course, they better realize that our store is a strange, strange anomaly.

I gotta say I love our 2 interns (we might have a third but I am not 100% on that)...they know TM's names and are interested in really getting to know the inner workings of our Target. Of course, they better realize that our store is a strange, strange anomaly.

That's how my store's interns were last year. Not sure if we have any this year, but I think we hired one of last year's interns as an ETL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back