Archived Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever went for a pay grade increase when they opened it up for TLs I am wondering if my raise was appropriate.

I know of a TL who tried to negotiate her starting wage and spot wouldn't budge.

ASANTS. I've seen posts on this forum where there had been some TLs who negotiated a little bit. It also varies in what district/region you are in as well.

Most companies offer under what they can. Whether they budge is another story.

I've been told you can negotiate raises (promotional raises, review raises usually are set in stone).

I just got promoted to team lead a couple weeks ago. The raise they offered was better than what I was hoping for so I said yes and didn't even try to negotiate, but I know of even ETL's that have negotiated up to an extra 5-6k on their salary when promoted.

The answer is that it varies from district to district. Some districts negotiate TL pay, some don't. I'd suggest talking to a TL or ETL in your store that you have a good rapport with about the process.

At the time two years ago when they opened the expert TL pay grade I was the only one in the district to apply

PG 11 - New TL
PG 13 - "Established TL", about +1.25. After being PG11 for a year, you can promote into this without an interview
PG 15 - "Expert" TL - Set number per district. Another +1-2 per hour. Might have to interview for this, depends on district. Usually you're in position for 3 years
PG 17 - "Sr. TL" - LOD duties. Each store has a set amount. Usually another dollar above PG15. Can move from PG13 to PG17 skipping PG15. Definitely interview for this.

Thank you I got a 2 dollar raise and had to interview with my DTL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back