Archived Fall season overtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

notfit05

Trainer/ clerical / inbound D.C. /
anyone hearing anything yet on overtime for fall season? We typically have all we want but with the recent change in the way things are slotted and new hires it's rumored ot will be scarece but I don't believe it . Opinions ?

It varies wildly between departments and the buildings. Where I'm at in Warehouse dept., the OT started up in June and hasn't stopped yet, and probably won't til Feb.

Usually though, the OT machine fires up around last week Oct-2nd week Nov and goes til 2nd or 3rd week Jan. YMMV.

There's a lot to go around here. From what some are telling me, it's pretty rare for any voluntary OT to get denied. And we've flexed up several times in the short time I've been at the DC already.

Because of the Hurricane, three buildings were shutdown, one of which was an FC. It's likely we're getting mandatory OT this week because of that. Other than that, our GM has told us that there will likely be less volume, and less OT leading up to Thanksgiving. Didn't rule it out, but said it would be far less than last year.

Last year, we had Mandatory Flex Ups starting September. So it has definitely been slow.

We have yet to see any ot in my building at all and inbound has been flexing on my shift a2 at start up again at mid shift and sometime all of inbound by4am on a Monday night /Tuesday morning and a good bit of flexing on Sunday night also it's unusual but appears to
Have something to do with the scheduling and inbound sync /plan

It feels like IB sync really did a number on OT for inbound . Last 2 years we were seeing scheduled up in July! So far, not one day this year. Inbounds OT has been non existent. Warehouse and Outbound, pretty much every day...Even with Matthew shutting us down for 2.5 days, and over 40! of our stores for a few days, our plans for ART and the MD have been super manageable; I'm talking less than 50k a shift! I'm praying for a booming peak for the fall...I needs me my OT!

It feels like IB sync really did a number on OT for inbound . Last 2 years we were seeing scheduled up in July! So far, not one day this year. Inbounds OT has been non existent. Warehouse and Outbound, pretty much every day...Even with Matthew shutting us down for 2.5 days, and over 40! of our stores for a few days, our plans for ART and the MD have been super manageable; I'm talking less than 50k a shift! I'm praying for a booming peak for the fall...I needs me my OT!
Seeing pretty much the same numbers here except no ot in any departments yet , we have our all team tomorrow so maybe it will shed some light

No OT here yet and 3 pallets of turkeys coming this week either Wednesday or Friday

we don't usually have any until about last of oct or November but last year I got two days a week (3if I wanted) every week in nov and dec

Just started seeing overtime being given out this week at my D.C. Our volumes doubled

no overtime here, my hours did increase tho

went up from 25 to 30...which was my normal amount before hours dropped rip

the food holiday has begun ... 5 pallets Turkeys, 64 spiral hams all came in this past week .... more food coming in every day .

please give us more help in the pfresh area,

...our black friday in not just 1 day its the next 5 weeks !!

What I can't stand is all the newbies and lazy ass people who don't work during the year trying to sign up and make it difficult for the rest of us to get overtime grrrr

I was over 40 hours a week last year from November-January at the store.

Yeah, only problem this year is to many people signing up that have no business trying for it

No one acknowledges that overtime is okay, or going to happen....but without fail, shit hits the fan, people get desperate, and all kinds of OT happens. I look forward to exploiting it every season.

No one acknowledges that overtime is okay, or going to happen....but without fail, shit hits the fan, people get desperate, and all kinds of OT happens. I look forward to exploiting it every season.
It's funny because at my D.C. Every year the rumor goes around that there won't be any this year then sure enough slowly but surely it begins then BAM!! They are calling in 5-6 people a shift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back