Fall tm bonus

Joined
Apr 30, 2019
Messages
980
The reality that this merit bonus is limited to about 20% of total TM headcount will motivate many of the 80% to start looking for new jobs. Right now, retail store competitors are desperate to hire people and your Target work history will be valuable. If you're in a major metro area, you very likely can bump up your hourly pay. I hesitate to encourage this -- sometimes we forget the concept of "greener pastures syndrome" -- but the accelerating US inflation this year has already exceeded whatever merit pay raise you received earlier this year.

Target Corporate is missing an opportunity to retain its own TMs at a time when inflation pressure is hurting us as individuals and as families. Unless you are truly married to Target due to your benefits or longevity benefits -- i.e. long term TMs who have the old Target pension plan -- your remedy to get more money to keep up with inflation is to switch employers. I wish this was not largely reality.
 
Joined
Apr 30, 2019
Messages
980
We had more that we wanted to award than Target allowed, so we were really trying to be as fair as possible. We at attendance, metrics, etc . . . to make the final decisions.
Concur. There is a business benefit to providing different bonus amounts to individuals based on their performance metrics.
There is even more of a business benefit to providing at least a token modest amount of bonus money for the "non-rock-star" hourly TMs.
If indeed it's accurate that only the top 20% receive the bonus, that's not going to motivate the other 80%. When the bonus plan was announced that top 20% only limit was not mentioned.
This does not need to be a one-size-fits-all bonus. This is not about what some people call "equity"
Management should offer their best bonuses to their best performers.
A modest $50 bonus for the other 80% could make the difference for developing the skills and performance and loyalty of your current TMs,
 

happygoth

reshop till I drop
Joined
Apr 17, 2019
Messages
3,418
Concur. There is a business benefit to providing different bonus amounts to individuals based on their performance metrics.
There is even more of a business benefit to providing at least a token modest amount of bonus money for the "non-rock-star" hourly TMs.
If indeed it's accurate that only the top 20% receive the bonus, that's not going to motivate the other 80%. When the bonus plan was announced that top 20% only limit was not mentioned.
This does not need to be a one-size-fits-all bonus. This is not about what some people call "equity"
Management should offer their best bonuses to their best performers.
A modest $50 bonus for the other 80% could make the difference for developing the skills and performance and loyalty of your current TMs,
We all just got yet another $200 bonus. How many bonuses do you think Corporate should throw all team members? Top performers deserve extra recognition.
 
Joined
Oct 25, 2013
Messages
42
So once a year at 3% of part of ur gross pay? Well if its only like 500 bucks once a year it seems easier to just be a lazy fuck and let them keep the money. But if its like 1500 than thats a different story
 
Top