Fall tm bonus

We had more that we wanted to award than Target allowed, so we were really trying to be as fair as possible. We looked at attendance, metrics, etc . . . to make the final decisions.
What metrics were involved in the decisions for nomination (other than attendance)?
Also in a thread earlier this year I remember a referance to only the DEO review recipients would be considered. True?

DEO was not considered at my store, but it stands to reason that most recipients would have had high reviews. 1 of my choices was a DIO. Not sure about the other departments.

We divided the number of awards among the TLs, so that each chose that number from their TMs. We were over by a couple, so got together as a group and made the cases for our choices. Metrics were different based on department. Attendance, INF, DU times, SRPs, etc. We came to some tough choices, and were supported by ETLs and SD.

The convo where we tell the bonus recipients that they will get a bonus.

What about AP/PM? Are they getting the bonus as well? Decided upon by their BP and divided to the top performers in the district?

Is that indoctrination? I do sometimes make fun of "jump" or "hop" on a lane by asking people to pounce, leap, or descend with great fury upon a lane.
Yeah, it's not indoctrination lol, just slang. Target did not invent the word.

I was grateful for the previous bonuses.

However those bonuses should have been a function of how long you have been at Target and/or your average hours

Its bullshit that the last $200 bonus was same whether you started in July 2021 or July 2016. It's just lazy.
Yeah, wait until your anniversary award is less than they give to new hires off the street because they need people. That really drives the appreciation needle, and not in the direction they think. Here’s a stack of bills to come work for us, but you‘re obviously an idiot if you stay any length of time.

We "hop" at our store. I'm sure that's a safety violation on some level. 🤣 :rolleyes:
Reminds me of when I started at a store and I heard them say over the walkie “so and so you have a flasher on lane 6”. I was thoroughly confused. Until I realized they meant the flashing lights. Also had stores call a “cart party” and a “cart scramble” when they want everyone to go get carts. It’s funny these silly things we say and wonder why newbies don’t understand our lingo. Or like when you tell a guest to look for something on an endcap and they just stare at you. I actually heard a TM tell a guest they could find something on the electronics boat. Guest was so lost. Haha

Yeah, wait until your anniversary award is less than they give to new hires off the street because they need people. That really drives the appreciation needle, and not in the direction they think. Here’s a stack of bills to come work for us, but you‘re obviously an idiot if you stay any length of time.
My Five year anniversary gift was a $25 gift card and generic thank you note that the signed and dated by the SD.

I said generic because the ink color for my name and date was different than the rest of the note!

I also got a CA that day from my TL whom I filed a harassment complaint with HR a few months later for making light of my recent health problems (twice!).

He harassed me one more time in front of a dozen people including my current TL.

I noticed he was soon gone after that even though he was supposed to fill in as a "weekend TL" from time to time.

Bonuses for stores are probably loaded into Workday at this point where leaders and HR can view who is who for this on a report. I’m not sure if TMs can login and look under Worker History to see if it’s there yet, usually they are not visible until after a certain date so that there is time for conversations to be had first.

Back