Fall tm bonus

Just out of curiosity, where on workday are you guys seeing it? If it’s on the 10/22 or 10/29 checks I know you can view your paystub the Wednesday before payday but this is still a little early.

Just out of curiosity, where on workday are you guys seeing it? If it’s on the 10/22 or 10/29 checks I know you can view your paystub the Wednesday before payday but this is still a little early.
If you look under the section that says compensation and one time payment… it’ll list all the bonuses you’ve gotten..

If you look under the section that says compensation and one time payment… it’ll list all the bonuses you’ve gotten..
Just for this year right? Does that include the bonuses they gave us for the covid stuff too? How many of those have we gotten this year?

Just for this year right? Does that include the bonuses they gave us for the covid stuff too? How many of those have we gotten this year?
Never mind. Answered my own question. I just compared what Target Pay & Benefits shows as bonuses received to the bonuses listed on my last paystub that I’ve received this year.

I would love to find out who else got it in my store. I am not that familiar with most of the early shift TMs, and honestly can only think of maybe three or four TMs in the whole store that really deserve it. I can think of quite a few who don't though. 🙄

I would love to find out who else got it in my store. I am not that familiar with most of the early shift TMs, and honestly can only think of maybe three or four TMs in the whole store that really deserve it. I can think of quite a few who don't though. 🙄

Same here. I know of one other person who got it and someone who should have, who didn't.

Congratulations to those of you who were awarded bonuses. Given these were limited to only one-fifth of hourly store TMs, I am pretty confident these were considered by leadership to be the most valued players on the team, which includes open availability and scoring high on various performance measurements.

This did bring up the larger issue: Target's lack of pay transparency. Unless I've missed something readily available to all store-level TMs (i.e. Grade 35), I'm not able to see the total pay range of Grade 35, as part of evaluating whether I'm getting competitive and reasonable compensation for my talent and contributions to the store. More important to pay transparency is being able to see how one's peers are being paid in my store for Grade 35 work (you could anonymize specific TM names). Federally-regulated employers now have to adhere to pay transparency rules, and a growing number of private-sector companies are embracing pay transparency as described in this article: Pay Transparency: Overview, Pros and Cons Pay Transparency Laws: How They Could Affect Your Business

Congratulations to those of you who were awarded bonuses. Given these were limited to only one-fifth of hourly store TMs, I am pretty confident these were considered by leadership to be the most valued players on the team, which includes open availability and scoring high on various performance measurements.

This did bring up the larger issue: Target's lack of pay transparency. Unless I've missed something readily available to all store-level TMs (i.e. Grade 35), I'm not able to see the total pay range of Grade 35, as part of evaluating whether I'm getting competitive and reasonable compensation for my talent and contributions to the store. More important to pay transparency is being able to see how one's peers are being paid in my store for Grade 35 work (you could anonymize specific TM names). Federally-regulated employers now have to adhere to pay transparency rules, and a growing number of private-sector companies are embracing pay transparency as described in this article: Pay Transparency: Overview, Pros and Cons Pay Transparency Laws: How They Could Affect Your Business
What @Anelmi said. All previous raises have been wiped out, except for the most recent one. Unless you are in a very high cost of living area, everyone at your store who has worked for Target for less than 15-20 years is within 1 merit raise of $15 (or $19 for TLs). Sometimes an external TL hire will be able to negotiate higher pay, though.

Yup, Greater Seattle suburban Targets got the minimum bumped to $16.75. Nearly all Grade 35s in our Greater Seattle suburban stores are earning the same as brand-new hires.

The nationwide $15 minimum wage has worked out great to attract new hires to Target in places like Fort Wayne, El Paso, Wichita and other low-cost areas. $15 is a high wage in those places. It isn't a high wage here, but the $1.75 bump helps but they still mainly are attracting high school and college students. I have seen many talented people quit and take jobs elsewhere. The fall TM bonus helped a few of those longer-term Grade 35s but IMHO was too narrowly focused. Target will lost many people who mastered their jobs, many will quit to work at Amazon -- even with the mixed reviews about workplace treatment -- because Amazon offers a higher pay rate and immediate health benefits for all new hires, on the day they start work.

Back