Archived Family emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other day I had a family emergency come up and almost called the store 24 hours in advance to let them know I was unable to make my shift. I came back to work today and my team lead said if I called in once more that I would be getting terminated? Is it okay to fire someone for a family emergency? I’m just under my first year and I’ve only had call ins 2 other times both times me being extremely sick one being almost passing out. I also work in Starbucks and it says right in the back that if we’re sick we shouldn’t be in the food area.

It sucks, but yeah, Target can hold you accountable for absences regardless of reason. It being a family emergency doesn’t change the impact your absence had on the business.

Having said that, if your TL said it would be a termination if you call off again, then it sounds like you’re on a final for something. Its hard to put someone on a BS final so... either way there’s more to this than we’re being told.

I did but it was a little less than 24 hours before
Technically you have 2hrs before and 2hrs after your shift starts to call out. So you are fine , but its still a callout and if you’ve had prior conversations about your attendance, and your leadership is on you, it can lead to further conversions including corrective action and termination.

Tarshit doesn’t give damn if you called for family emergency unfortunately because your not a favorite. They probably saw the other two absences for sickness which they should give a damn about but once again don’t. They are most likely gonna fire you and use this as an excuse.

Last edited:
Target is so inconsistent with attendance, anyway. I could conceivably do a no-call/no-show and be fine because my Leadership likes me, but my coworkers would probably be terminated on the spot because they're more outspoken than I am about the problems at Target and so Leadership doesn't like them. It's very much based on favoritism and trying to get rid of Team Members that your Leadership doesn't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back