Archived Farewell ZhayZhay

Status
Not open for further replies.

cihyfthedoor

Former BRTL – not working @ Target anymore! :D
I'm sorry Zhay, but after 5 years, I can't do this anymore. I am breaking up with you. Let me explain why.

When we started this thing off 5 years ago, I was over the moon to be with you. I looked to the next few years with wonder about what you could bring me and what I could do for you. You smiled, and you laughed, but looking back, I should have recognized even then the signs of the indifference that you showed me.

I gave to you all of the time that you needed from me. In return, in your own way, you gave back to me and sustained me.

However, each year, I became more and more confident and experienced with our relationship and the things we did together. Each year, in return, although that which you gave to sustain me did grow, it by far did not correlate strongly with the knowledge and experience I gained and the passion that I provided. In fact, the growth of what you gave back to me for such efforts toward our relationship was downright insulting.

I continuously offered amazing solutions to your problems and issues that would have had no negative impact on you. You smiled, and you said you thought it was great, yet you secretly tossed it all aside.

I gave you all I had, and you tossed it in the trash.

I am leaving you for someone new. They actively seek the knowledge I have and have demonstrated that they value the effort that I put into the relationship. They also give to me twice what you did.

So this is my cassette I'm sending you, I hope you hear it.

Boy I get mighty poetical and creative when I'm overly ecstatic and excited and joyfilled and happy. :D

That is to say, I'm done with Target! After 5 years I'm free! Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty, I am free at last!

Finally got a job doing what I love, in the city that I love, with cost of living 1/4 of what is is here, and which pays twice what Target does.

Adios Target! I'll miss some of my coworkers, but I definitely will not miss Target itself, nor any of its salaried management.

Now that's a breakup!
I really want to hear what's on the mix tape.

Great to hear you've found a new love.
Don't be a stranger.

Is it bad that I didn't realize what ZhayZhay was until I was more than halfway through the first post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back