Favoritism??

We recently got a new GSA and a new clerical person but it wasn't even posted. One day a former cashier suddenly got the GSA position and one day a former SF TM got the clerical position. How is that even possible?? Seems like alot of favoritism is going on at my store.

If the management already knew who they wanted for the positions, would you rather they posted an opening and made people go through the process when they never really had a chance in the first place?

My store does posts the jobs, so that they say it was posted & all can apply for it. My mgt tries to be fair, they will do the interviews. So
Sometimes, that is when they get to know that the tm applying maybe better for a different job.

I was told they don't have to post them at the store anymore but they still should be posted online since that is how they are supposed to apply anyway. I encouraged one of my team to apply for TL even though we weren't sure there would be an opening. She got the position a few months later. There were people that were upset but she was a hard worker for me and a very good choice imo.

buliSBI

Former Team Member
The truth is store management already knows and has plans on what TMs they want to advance. They want someone they can control and mold. I can't even count how many times positions were posted at my old store, but no interviews were conducted.

Back in the day (before 2005), stores conducted interviews on the best candidates. They sent TMs with the potential to the Round Robin interviews.

B

Barcode

Hmm I think we post all our positions. I had to apply internally for mine.

We're hiring a new GSA soon, and its funny because we already know who we want to do it, so we're just preparing them to pass the interview lol :)

L

Ludwig3

Favoritism is definitely popular at Target I've noticed. Sometimes the hardest working received nothing but someone less productive will load up the Team card chart with petty "Thanks for so and so!".

LOL we were just talking about this at work the other day. Its funny how many people that are lazy get away with everything and get promotions and those of us that bust our hump get nothing. I mean its funny if I stop and talk to someone for 3 mins I get yelled at by my TL or ETLS but if the lazy ones stand around and talk they can talk for 45 mins and the TLs say nothing. Drives me nuts!!!

If anyone thinks that favoritism has anything to do with Target, you are sadly mistaken. It's bizness. It's how it works. Work hard, make friends, you'll move fast. It's a simple equation. If you aren't do those 2 things, you're going to have a long career working reshop.

You will encounter favoritism everywhere you go. It is human nature. Target is no exception to that.

Often the best candidate will not get a job simply because they are the ones spending the time working the job and not spending time talking to the higher ups and getting to be their friend. I have seen this in other jobs I have held over the years. The person who gets to be buddies with the higher ups is the one who gets promoted rather than the person who really knows what is going on.

If you think leaving Target will get you away from favoritism, you are sadly mistaken.

talan123

Team Member/Troll
That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time. Thanks for the laugh.

Favoritism is the single biggest weakness that this company has (outside of it's stupidity).

I do work long, I have fun, and I even some people that I call friends. I am constantly coming up with new and better ideas for things and was recently given a GTC for introducing a way on fixing planogram's where the product is sitting naked with one of those pincher things and empty space.

Yet I am denied promotion after promotion because of either how I talk during interviews or what my body language is. If that isn't favortism then I don't know what else it could be.

Oh, and plus I have been fired for giving backroom my key which was SOP at the time. Since then, team members have gone home with a core from the lock-up case, the iPad one, and not gotten terminated for it.

Favoritism indeed.

That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time. Thanks for the laugh.

Favoritism is the single biggest weakness that this company has (outside of it's stupidity).

I do work long, I have fun, and I even some people that I call friends. I am constantly coming up with new and better ideas for things and was recently given a GTC for introducing a way on fixing planogram's where the product is sitting naked with one of those pincher things and empty space.

Yet I am denied promotion after promotion because of either how I talk during interviews or what my body language is. If that isn't favortism then I don't know what else it could be.

Oh, and plus I have been fired for giving backroom my key which was SOP at the time. Since then, team members have gone home with a core from the lock-up case, the iPad one, and not gotten terminated for it.

Favoritism indeed.
Maybe your general attitude is something they pick up on. Body language is supposedly 60% of every message you deliver, so what you appear to be thinking is more important than the words coming out of your mouth. You clearly don't like Target, so why would they want to promote you?

Also, bilder is right, favoritism is a part of EVERYTHING in life, it's not exclusive to Target. Also, your not being promoted tells me nothing about favoritism, just that they don't think you merit a promotion.

talan123

Team Member/Troll
You're kind of missing the point.

They terminated somebody for a minor screw-up while somebody did something even worse, said person was not terminated or treated differently.

I don't care about favoritism at other aspects of life, we are talking about this one and the wrong people are repeatedly being promoted.

Their current method is WAY too subjective, they need to move to an objective method.

/Seriously, we had a Sr. TL lock somebody in at night, they escaped and three cop cars were called in.
//Sr. Tl lost count of the number of team members in front of them four times.