Archived Feeling Like I’ve Been Run Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t want to change jobs at this point in my life, but I’m finally fed up.

Business is booming, freight flow is up, and metrics are good. I had maybe 52 hours between the past two schedules.

Every time we get cut back hard, freight just hangs out for eons. I work in consumables, and we have came clean 3 times in 2018. Stayed clean once.

I put in many applications, and started taking interviews. I might tell HR, but maybe not yet.

probably won’t be tough to burn up that time. my average hours have been going down since I got to my current store.

Don’t say anything to HR, until you have a start date for your new job. Use up any and all vacation, personal time before leaving. Put in your two weeks and work all of your last shifts once you have a start date for your new job.

Probably depends on the state, but vacation gets paid out for a voluntarily term where I am, and it feels like a bonus for leaving. I did that when I left a long time ago (now I've been back at it awhile ). I did try to use all my sick hours though, as those were lost wages if not used.

I don’t want to change jobs at this point in my life, but I’m finally fed up.

Business is booming, freight flow is up, and metrics are good. I had maybe 52 hours between the past two schedules.

Every time we get cut back hard, freight just hangs out for eons. I work in consumables, and we have came clean 3 times in 2018. Stayed clean once.

I put in many applications, and started taking interviews. I might tell HR, but maybe not yet.

52 hours huh? Good thing Target frowns upon OT

Probably depends on the state, but vacation gets paid out for a voluntarily term where I am, and it feels like a bonus for leaving. I did that when I left a long time ago (now I've been back at it awhile ). I did try to use all my sick hours though, as those were lost wages if not used.
not here though

target does have some policies company-wide that appear to be based on operating in states with actual labor laws. breaks, for one thing, are guaranteed at target. the only state law about breaks is you don’t have to clock out if the break is <15 minutes.
nothing in there about time off being paid when you leave, so target doesn’t pay it.

Don’t say anything to HR, until you have a start date for your new job. Use up any and all vacation, personal time before leaving. Put in your two weeks and work all of your last shifts once you have a start date for your new job.
Use your sick time (if you have any)! Give them a triple dip so they learn their lesson! Ask for vacation payout instead.

I hit 50 almost every single week. They are like no overtime, then I say “ok, so you want me close SBUx and go home”
They just walk away in shame!
I’ve seen them close the cafe and the bux on occasions. the payroll is more important than the work.

I hit 50 almost every single week. They are like no overtime, then I say “ok, so you want me close SBUx and go home”
They just walk away in shame!

I find this interesting all our sbux never get over 22hrs and we shut down for lunch every night around 8pm. Hqvent had an issue in the 2 months we have done this :/

Hours are nowhere to be found right now. Raking in sales but majority of people are lucky if they break 30 hours.

I'd love to see the Starbucks DM come in and hit them with a compliance notice...man oh man...
I think that happened at my last store. I was gonna waste some money there when I went clocked out once, but the lights were off. I should have called, but someone probably did. heard they were “fined.”

I’ve seen them close the cafe and the bux on occasions.

we shut down for lunch every night around 8pm. Hqvent had an issue in the 2 months we have done this :/

If your Starbucks DM finds out, your store will be given a notice of non compliance. It’s explicitly against the Licensed Store Agreement to close Starbucks early (except for natural disasters or other emergencies).

If your Starbucks DM finds out, your store will be given a notice of non compliance. It’s explicitly against the Licensed Store Agreement to close Starbucks early (except for natural disasters or other emergencies).
See thats what I thought but when I asked our etl said no uts no different thzn cafe. How do they find out? I mean I take my lunch at the time it closes and it always irritates me because i have to walk to anothet one in our shopping centet to get a damned coffee.

52 hours in one week? Target would have a heartattack
Funny story about that. When I worked for a different company, I needed to cover at another store far away at the last minute. I was to ask my assistant manager to cut my hours at my home location to compensate. Problem is, he wanted to act like I was just being whiny when I asked him to cut my closing shifts because I didn't want to clopen across two counties, and didn't listen when I told him about the overtime. So I worked it even though I basically became a zombie for a while, then when the district manager came asking why the fuck I had about 110 hours in a two week period, I told him all about my conversation with the assistant manager. That asshole got barbecued, I got away with a shitton of money, and things were good.

See thats what I thought but when I asked our etl said no uts no different thzn cafe. How do they find out? I mean I take my lunch at the time it closes and it always irritates me because i have to walk to anothet one in our shopping centet to get a damned coffee.

Your ETL is an idiot.

They find out by dropping in, or by people they know dropping in, or by guest complaints.

We’re allowed to close Cafe because it’s just a Target thing. It’s literally in our contract with Starbucks that we keep Bux open, with at least one certified barista behind the counter. Your ETL is risking non compliance with Starbucks.

Your ETL is an idiot.

They find out by dropping in, or by people they know dropping in, or by guest complaints.

We’re allowed to close Cafe because it’s just a Target thing. It’s literally in our contract with Starbucks that we keep Bux open, with at least one certified barista behind the counter. Your ETL is risking non compliance with Starbucks.

Huh thats funny and sad all at the same time. Its no secret this etl couldnt manage their way out of a wet paper bag witha hole in it. Guess we wont have starbucks for long if that keeps up. Does it matter its like an hour before it closes anyway?

Last edited:
Huh thats funny and sad all at the same time. Its no secret this etl could manage their way out of a wet paper bag witha hole in it. Guess we wont have starbucks for long if that keeps up. Does it matter its like an hour before it closes anyway?

Starbucks doesn’t care if it’s one hour or one minute, it’s supposed to be open until Starbucks officially closes for the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back