Archived Final Corrective Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does being on your final corrective action affect your chances of promotion, transfer, annual review, etc. And is this permanent?

Being on any corrective whether its counseling or final, you cannot get promoted, transfer and if its review time this is supposed to be taken into account as well. Counseling is 6 months to fall off and Final is 12 months to fall off.

The way it will affect your review score, is that you are guaranteed that you won't get a raise, sorry

The way it will affect your review score, is that you are guaranteed that you won't get a raise, sorry

Not exactly true. I was on a final and I got an IE, though my TL fought hard for it.

I remember someone telling me about being on CA right after the person had an intention to transfer to another store and they found something to put them on CA

If you don't want to lose someone...why not tell them!

Final CA's can last anywhere from 6months to 1year probation depending on the incident/causes. Meaning you cannot transfer or get promoted during this time. Depending on your store leadership and politics, during this time, they might try to find any excuse to hold against you for termination. So be prepared to document.

CA's are formal. You will be called into the office, and will sit down with a TL or ETL. They will go over any incident or situation, give you a formal probationary time, and documents to sign to acknowledge that you accept the CA.

, and documents to sign to acknowledge that you accept the CA.

It's not really "accepting" the CA. since unless you can prove it's blatantly false, you're on CA whether you sign it or not.

It still needs to be signed for them to prove that it's been communicated to the TM. If it hasn't been signed, the communication can't be proven, and the TM can't be termed based on coaching that he may not have received.

That's BP anyway.

I've wondered, what if you didn't sign it? What would they do if you refused? Could that be grounds for termination in and of itself?

I've wondered, what if you didn't sign it? What would they do if you refused? Could that be grounds for termination in and of itself?
Yes, a TM got fired at my store for refusing to sign one. She needed to go anyways so none of us really felt sorry.

You don't get a raise if you are on the final for performance. If you get on the final for conduct, you still get your review and raise.

Yes, a TM got fired at my store for refusing to sign one. She needed to go anyways so none of us really felt sorry.

How can they fire you? You don't need to sign anything if you don't believe it is valid. Why legitimize what they are accusing you of? Would sure make getting unemployment hard.

Granted it doesn't change anything as far as the outcome of the punishment/etc.

Is the no promotion during the probationary period rule still in effect even if you are on the TL bench ?:\

How can they fire you? You don't need to sign anything if you don't believe it is valid. Why legitimize what they are accusing you of? Would sure make getting unemployment hard.

I was thinking it could be considered along the lines of insubordination. I know a few TMs that have been let go for something equally as silly as signing a piece of paper when asked and the paper trail for that always included insubordination.

I know when I was on a final it had no effect on my raise. Before they could bring me to the office to set me down and 'discuss' my paperwork I told them to let me sign it and go. Don't need to hash out things we don't agree on.

I was thinking it could be considered along the lines of insubordination. I know a few TMs that have been let go for something equally as silly as signing a piece of paper when asked and the paper trail for that always included insubordination.

I know when I was on a final it had no effect on my raise. Before they could bring me to the office to set me down and 'discuss' my paperwork I told them to let me sign it and go. Don't need to hash out things we don't agree on.

I don't see how it could be insubordination. You don't need to sign something that you don't agree with, especially if you believe what you're signing is making false allegations against yourself. I am pretty sure I've heard of people NOT signing them and not being fired -- granted it doesn't change how the CCA affects you.

Any HR/TL/ETLs that can chime in here? @LifeCenterOfTheBullseye @Target Annie

I don't see how it could be insubordination. You don't need to sign something that you don't agree with, especially if you believe what you're signing is making false allegations against yourself. I am pretty sure I've heard of people NOT signing them and not being fired -- granted it doesn't change how the CCA affects you.

Any HR/TL/ETLs that can chime in here? @LifeCenterOfTheBullseye @Target Annie

I've had this issue a few times where the team member just felt I was wrong and they were right. Never mind the numerous conversations we had and warning of pending write ups if whatever continued. When I went to my HR about them not signing it and not really knowing what to do with that, I was told, doesnt matter. Regardless if signed or not it doesnt mean you didnt get the counseling or the final it just means you, yourself doesnt acknowledge it. Now a TL refusing to sign a counseling is a talk with your DTL and your pretty much out is how he explained it to me.

Is the no promotion during the probationary period rule still in effect even if you are on the TL bench ?:\
It really depends on your store, incident, and terms of CA. But for promotions, your application can be denied right off. If you are on the bench, you probably will not be offered a position until after you are off probation or taken off.

There are times and situations where TLs can be temporarily demoted during the probationary period. They retain most of the same duties. But they cannot supervise TMs.

It really depends on your store, incident, and terms of CA. But for promotions, your application can be denied right off. If you are on the bench, you probably will not be offered a position until after you are off probation or taken off.

There are times and situations where TLs can be temporarily demoted during the probationary period. They retain most of the same duties. But they cannot supervise TMs.

Ha... I'd quit if they did that to me. TL duties and not a TL? Rofl

@Barcode

Happened to an old TL of mine. I don't know everything but he was put on final corrective action with temporary demotion. The story was he ran into some of other TMs he was over at a bar and he bought them drinks. But apparently the news got back to the Execs, and he was put on corrective action and temporarily demoted for a time to be re-evaluated. I don't know if it was just because of that or some other issues. But sometime later, he ended up either quitting or they found more against him to term him.

I don't think it matters if you sign it or not.
Honestly, the rules seem to change or be used to get rid of someone. I have tm tell me all the time they are going to put something mean or nasty on their voluntary resignation forms. Go for it. You're quitting. No one in our building usually sees it anyway. I fax it to h q and they put it in your file. Accomplish anything? But I completely understand not wanting to sign something when it's just obnoxious.

Just my 2 cents. When you sign a corrective action/review/etc, you are not agreeing to the contents of the review. You are only agreeing that the information was reviewed with you. There is no reason to not sign it unless you were not allowed to read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back