Archived Finally out of Target..not on my own terms though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everybody I was fired from Target a month ago. I wad the replenishment team leader over flow, backroom, and instocks. I was also a key carrier. Ill tell you what happened. In September 2013 I was placed on automatic final warning for not securing the receiving door. According to my boss I did not latch it at the top and a gust of wind blew it open. In June of this year, I opened one of the big bay doors to receive a delivery. When I closed it, i put the latch through the hole, put the padlock on it, but did not lock the padlock. I was fired after my weekend off a few days. It was a mistake I made, nothing bad happened. My old boss even said he would have just coached for the first time and that I would be still working there. I had all green workcenters and 25-30 man team. The ETL/STL team claim they fought for me not to get fired. What do you guys think about the way I was fired?

It sounds like they wanted you gone.
They had solid hits and could have gone easy on you if you were the golden boy but it sounds like not enough people were on your side.
It sucks horribly but they were clear.

I believe the first time around when I was put on final because I was not doin so well. But I killed 4th quarter and did even better when they gave me the backroom and instocks. I helped turn the store around. I think when it happened again they were like oh shit we messed up. STL came up to me and was saying he would try to get it reduced to a coaching. But Ill never know

One of your etl's doesn't like you for unknown reasons. Could be a tl head count ae14 needed to be reduced.

I know it was not ae14 because the backroom team lead was fired in January and i took over..It ended up being one of the new positions, so it was not head count

Yeah, sounds like they just found a stupid reason to get you gone. If your the ETL and STL fought for you then who fired you? How long were you with the company? Maybe they just needed to dump some payroll and bring in someone newer and cheaper?

When you put someone on corrective or want to fire somebody you have to send it to the ERDR for approval. They sent up what I did and they told them to fire me since I was already on a final. They did not bring in anybody cheaper. We had an extra team lead because of the restructure and they just moved him into my spot, and he was makin more money than me...so idk

Are you over or near 50? That seems to be a trend with Target in the past few years, try to get rid of the people they perceive as "old". I've known of too many "older" team leads and team members who seem to have been fired or forced out in recent years in favor of young people, too many to be a coincidence. But you may have pretty much answered your own question, they had an extra team lead, and needed to eliminate one, so for whatever reason you may have been the least favorite. I'm sure you will be better off in the long run, good luck to you!

No I am 25 lol, but I am sure I will too just wish I would have left on my terms and after I got senior TL but oh well

Target is cutting higher paid TLs because of the loss with the breech .The fastest way to save money is not to spend it .This is happening all over . Long timers are all on the way out. Why pay more when some retard out of school will gladly take the job so they can move up to exec status .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back