Archived Fired after requesting a transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically, OP-Red Sunshine was a good worker who wanted to eventually become a TL. Unfortunately, RS was being bullied by some girls. One of those girls had personal connections with an ETL. RS wanted to transfer out of the store. The girls wanted to get RS fired. One of those girls accused RS of threatening her and that same ETL backed her story. AP didn't check the footage that could prove RS's innocence. Then, the ETL-HR termed RS and has since been BS'ing them about transferring. Now, RS needs advice about what to do because they were unfairly terminated. So far, the consensus has been to call the hotline.

That makes sense to you?

Hotline doesnt care. You're fired. They don't care about fired workers

You were fired for they lie they apparently believed. It's snowing at will state so it doesn't matter

You have no legal action. Find a new job. You are fired and you can't transfer because you no longer work at Target

Its not rocket science

That makes sense to you?

Well, to be honest, I was thinking about how plausible it would be to have both a crappy lying ETL who dates TMs AND an ETL-HR/AP Team who would fire someone without investigating thoroughly enough to gather sufficient evidence.

I am going to give OP the benefit of the doubt though. Maybe they really are experiencing a crappy situation with bad leaders.

If OP was hiding anything, then our advice won't do them any good since the recommendations don't consider those missed details.

Last edited:
Then don't accept the firing. Go in and ask to speak to the stl and etl hr. Let them know you are contemplating calling the hotline.

They want you to quit and go away quietly. You will need to give the impression you are willing to fight this. Employment lawyer etc.
If you are not comfortable going in and speaking to them then call and tell them what @HRZone suggested. Tell them you were not treated fairly and you feel the leadership in the store did nothing to help but only added to the issue. I would then tell them you tried to talk to them and they left you no other choice but to call the hotline. IF you call the hotline take a few minutes ( before you call) to sit down and write down what you want and need to say. The hotline will ask you for names and dates etc so write those down ...cause you will be nervous and if you are like me when nervous I forget things. When you are done with the call they will give you a report or case number write that down. You can call back and check on the status of your claim and you can use that if you have to see a lawyer etc.

Last edited:
Update: I spoke to ETL-HR after i was informed that the ETL told her that he heard me threaten her but he told me and others that he didn't hear anything. I let her know that i would be contacting the hotline and consulting with an employment attorney and i would need all paperwork leading up to my termination and she said no, i couldn't get anything.

She also stated that contacting the hotline would be a waste of time bc all they are going to do is send the complaint to her and she isn't going to do anything. She said that if i didn't contact the hotline then she would give me a good referral to the Target that i wanted to transfer to but if i did call the hotline then she wouldn't give a good referral and she would let them know that i called the hotline and i need to make a decision.

So first i was bullied, then i was lied on, and now I'm being blackmailed and there's really nothing that i can do about it.
First of all when you call the hotline they type up a report. That report is sent to your stores leadership and is sent to people way over your etl hr head. So, your etl hr would be notified about it but she wouldn't be the only one being notified. Secondly, WHEN I called the hotline I would tell them exactly what she told you. That if you didn't call she was willing to give you a good reference . The mere fact that she was trying to bribe you not to call the hotline proves that she is worried you will . Also tell the hotline that you are willing to consult with a lawyer if you have to.

Last edited:
First of all when you call the hotline they type up a report. That report is sent to your stores leadership and is sent to people way over your etl hr head. So, your etl hr would be notified about it but she wouldn't be the only one being notified. Secondly, WHEN I called the hotline I would tell them exactly what she told you. That if you didn't call she was willing to give you a good reference . The mere fact that she was trying to bribe you not to call the hotline proves that she is worried you will . Also tell the hotline that you are willing to consult with a lawyer if you have to.

DTL and HRBP are copied in on hotline emails. They then follow up with STL/ETL HR

Hotline doesnt care. You're fired. They don't care about fired workers

You were fired for they lie they apparently believed. It's snowing at will state so it doesn't matter

You have no legal action. Find a new job. You are fired and you can't transfer because you no longer work at Target

Its not rocket science
You have no fucking clue what you are talking about. Trust me they very much do care.

Well, to be honest, I was thinking about how plausible it would be to have both a crappy lying ETL who dates TMs AND an ETL-HR/AP Team who would fire someone without investigating thoroughly enough to gather sufficient evidence.

I am going to give OP the benefit of the doubt though. Maybe they really are experiencing a crappy situation with bad leaders.

If OP was hiding anything, then our advice won't do them any good since the recommendations don't consider those missed details.
I have seen this in walmart so yes its possible.

I have seen this in walmart so yes its possible.

Wow, that sucks. Feel bad for the associates at that store.

I don't not believe OP though. I was just trying to figure out why the ETL-HR (and others) is being so shady.

I guess, in OP's situation, that guy ETL being a key witness and backing the accuser's story is probably what screwed OP over. ETL-HR trusted her peer and termed OP based on that incident.

It may seem farfetched but it's the truth. The ETL was an intern straight out of college who got the position and knows nothing about the job, he was only an ETL 2 weeks when i was terminated. The ETL-HR is a rude and mean. TM's are always complaining about her. One of my coworkers requested a schedule change bc of school and she refused to give her closing shifts even though she always closed before school, she told her to either work mornings or she needs to quit. She had no choice but to quit and when the STL found out he wanted her to call the TM back to see what could be done to get her back but ETL-HR said no but STL did it anyway and she got her job back.

I trained a new TM and on her second day the ETL approached me to ask how she was doing and i said good and he said that he might have to let her go bc she works too slow and TM's (his friends) complained about her but i stood up for her.

A TM was recently attacked by another TM who was fired and the ETL-HR fired the victim bc she said that she shouldn't have ran from the other TM, she should have stood still while she hit her.

These are just a few examples.

It may seem farfetched but it's the truth. The ETL was an intern straight out of college who got the position and knows nothing about the job, he was only an ETL 2 weeks when i was terminated. The ETL-HR is a rude and mean. TM's are always complaining about her. One of my coworkers requested a schedule change bc of school and she refused to give her closing shifts even though she always closed before school, she told her to either work mornings or she needs to quit. She had no choice but to quit and when the STL found out he wanted her to call the TM back to see what could be done to get her back but ETL-HR said no but STL did it anyway and she got her job back.

I trained a new TM and on her second day the ETL approached me to ask how she was doing and i said good and he said that he might have to let her go bc she works too slow and TM's (his friends) complained about her but i stood up for her.

A TM was recently attacked by another TM who was fired and the ETL-HR fired the victim bc she said that she shouldn't have ran from the other TM, she should have stood still while she hit her.

Sounds like my store's last ETL-HR. Rude, mean, and uncaring. No one would go to her with any problems. I could see her telling the victim to stand there and take it.
Luckily, the BTS was her doom. The Hotline really needs to be called and alerted to this bitch.

That last example sounds ridiculous. If the ETL-HR did that to this former TM, she (TM) should also consider calling the hotline as well.

Firing a victim of a physical attack is particularly strange and unreasonable though. Schedule changes getting denied and new TMs not being kept past their 90 are not that uncommon. This is crazy though. Can you provide us with more context?

Wow, that sucks. Feel bad for the associates at that store.

I don't not believe OP though. I was just trying to figure out why the ETL-HR (and others) is being so shady.

I guess, in OP's situation, that guy ETL being a key witness and backing the accuser's story is probably what screwed OP over. ETL-HR trusted her peer and termed OP based on that incident.
I unfortunately worked at that store. I called it the store at war with itself. Only good thing that came from it was the fact I got a assistant managers 'options' (the ability to do what they do on the PDAs) so I could what I needed to without involving others.

As for the rest of this. Spot has serious problems with hiring mgmt outside the chain. This NEEDS to be a HOTLINE call not a forum discussion. We can solve your problems. They can.

As for the rest of this. Spot has serious problems with hiring mgmt outside the chain. This NEEDS to be a HOTLINE call not a forum discussion. We can solve your problems. They can.

For certain this is something that needs to reported as soon as possible, like days ago, so the ETL HR didn't have time to cover her ass.
I don't know that the Hotline will actually help, a lawyer might if they don't, but at the very least it will put Spot onto the fact that the store is being run by idiots.

Hard to believe because how hard they make it to fire team members. They're so strict with documentation that it could take months to fire someone. The story just doesn't add up.

Target is scared of legal issues that's why even team members that should be fired last for years.

You are absolutely right.
Spot is vary careful about avoiding legal issues and makes sure to have a good paper trail.
That doesn't mean mistakes don't happen and idiots don't get into positions where they can make headaches for Spot.
This could easily be one of them.

I just received my unemployment determination and of course i was denied and i requested a hearing for an appeal. The date of the alleged altercation is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back