Archived Fired after requesting a transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to believe because how hard they make it to fire team members. They're so strict with documentation that it could take months to fire someone. The story just doesn't add up.

Target is scared of legal issues that's why even team members that should be fired last for years.

How doesn't it add up?

I just received my unemployment determination and of course i was denied and i requested a hearing for an appeal. The date of the alleged altercation is wrong.

You don't want to quibble about dates.
That still makes it look like Spot has fired you for just cause.
You want to argue that they fired you unjustly and that the reasons they are giving are not as Target presents them, not that they have the wrong dates.
If Spot wants to spend the time to bring in lawyers to prove otherwise, which they usually don't, then you will have an issue but in my case it worked.

Hi Sunshine,
You were the victim of harassment. This overrides At-Will employment or a Right to Work state. Source, I worked in management and HR for years in one of those states.

What you describe is a textbook definition of a hostile work environment. I'm new to the forum, I don't know if links are allowed, but Google the phrase "hostile work environment" and the first result is a government webpage

@CleverGirl is right, protection from a hostile work environment is a federal law and supersedes the right-to-work laws at state level.

(And for the record, I have never understood the phrasing "right to work". It seems that if you have a right to work then the employer shouldn't be able to fire you nilly willy.)

Hi Sunshine,
You were the victim of harassment. This overrides At-Will employment or a Right to Work state. Source, I worked in management and HR for years in one of those states.

What you describe is a textbook definition of a hostile work environment. I'm new to the forum, I don't know if links are allowed, but Google the phrase "hostile work environment" and the first result is a government webpage

Thank you. What do you think my options are? I do have witnesses to the bullying and they say me reporting it and nothing was done about it but i don't want to put them in the middle bc ETL-HR has already proven that she's not above retaliation.

This all depends on how you want to proceed.
Did you call the hotline?
If you haven't by now it is probably too late, I suspect the ETL HR has covered their tracks by this time.
Do you want to fight it in court?
I'd say that unless you have video and people who are willing to step up to testify, it's not worth it.
Finally you want to be able to get your unemployment.
As I said don't quibble about when things happened.
Just make it clear that they are distorting events without going into specifics.

Thank you. What do you think my options are? I do have witnesses to the bullying and they say me reporting it and nothing was done about it but i don't want to put them in the middle bc ETL-HR has already proven that she's not above retaliation.
If the witnesses don't step forward, next time it could be THEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back