Archived Fired..... Mayb

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I have been there for 2 1/2 years. Even if I have not been fired something is wrong, right?

I know for a fact that Hr will not give me a straightforward answer. Have you seen this happen before and do you have any advice for me?

My best advice is call the head manager and speak to him/her about it. I've never had this happen to me before. But it depends on what department you work in and depends if they cut hours for other people at your store for that week AND if they need you to come in. If the manager doesn't give you a straight answer, tell him you need the hours. How are you gonna pay the bills? They can't just give you no hours and if you WERE actually fired you would be pulled into the office and they would tell you. They wouldn't just fire you without saying anything.

Like theredgirl said, I have never heard of someone getting no hours at all.
I've seen people get cut down to one shift but not none.
So it seem like it is either a screw up in the process, whoever was doing the scheduling dropped your name, or they have issues with you and have stupidly telegraphed it.
I don't think the second one is the case so go in and talk to the HR ninjaTM and let them know you might have dropped out of the scheduling matrix.

it may depend on tm availablity, too. your best bet, is to talk to your gstl on 1st to call in list. thats a fast way to get hours.

At our store, I know at least one person ended up with no hours on the new schedule and wondered if she was being not so gently shoved out the door. Turns out it was an error in the scheduling. Talk to your HR until they give you a straight answer.

You would be at least scheduled a couple hours one day if you were being fired. They need you to come in to fire you.

It happens... It was probably a simple mistake. When I used to do the scheduling for the front end (a job I was oh so happy to give away when I left GSTL) there were a few times I would accidentally leave someone off the schedule because they didn't show up on the system-generated schedule. Lemme explain: In MAX, before the person doing the schedule does the edits, you auto-populate in the schedule to what the system wants you to work based on your availability. It is then the job of the ETL or TL doing the schedule to adjust that based on the needs of the business. Sometimes if a cashier populates under a different work center for a particular reason and is then deleted from that work center, they end up on the staff not scheduled tab (and I would sometimes forget to check that). That could have been what happened, of it was a simple oversight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back