Archived Firing over not selling enough red cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha. The way things are going with the new GSTL and the current GE, a cashier could be fucking stealing from the drawer and they would still keep them as long as they barf up redcards every five seconds.

Hahaha. The way things are going with the new GSTL and the current GE, a cashier could be fucking stealing from the drawer and they would still keep them as long as they barf up redcards every five seconds.

Do we work at the same store? We have a cashier who gives out discounts to guests and the leaders are aware of it and were planning of letting her go BUT she has been so awesome at getting red cards lately helping us meet/exceed our weekly goal and she is still here. I suspect that she gives guests a good discount when they sign up for a red card.
Do Leaders get a bonus if we meet/exceed our red card goal?

Red cards is one of the metrics that determine review scores. It would also factor in to any bonuses for ETLs.

Mmmkay. I'll take that under advisement but since I am the leader in red cards at my store, I'm fairly confident I won't be fired anytime soon. And I was hired as a seasonal and at no time was the selling of red cards ever mentioned in the actual interview.

Not asked in mine either. My neighbor just applied at Spot. I will have to follow up with her after she interviews to see what if anything she is told about RCs.

Not asked in mine either. My neighbor just applied at Spot. I will have to follow up with her after she interviews to see what if anything she is told about RCs.

When I was interviewed I was asked if I was comfortable telling our guests about red cards. Yes I have no problem telling guests all the benefits but harassing guests wasn't mentioned in the interview.

Do we work at the same store? We have a cashier who gives out discounts to guests and the leaders are aware of it and were planning of letting her go BUT she has been so awesome at getting red cards lately helping us meet/exceed our weekly goal and she is still here. I suspect that she gives guests a good discount when they sign up for a red card.
Do Leaders get a bonus if we meet/exceed our red card goal?

I believe red cards are one of the main things ETL GEs are graded on. Also cashier speed which is ironic because every huddle ours demands we suspend transactions with slow guest.

Mmmkay. I'll take that under advisement but since I am the leader in red cards at my store, I'm fairly confident I won't be fired anytime soon. And I was hired as a seasonal and at no time was the selling of red cards ever mentioned in the actual interview.
Even my interview for electronics I was asked about if I was ok with promoting target products and services. That was multiple years ago. At my store if my stl heard you not mention online to guest you'd be coached, and then termed if refusing to do so. The whole red card situation sucks at Target yes, but you are expected to do things that you may not agree with, but that is your job. Remember right now the focus for target is going beyond the norm for a guest. And if a guest wants a debit red card but cant get checks, going beyond is mentioning online.

Edit: Here is a copy of part of the job description that you accepted:

Educate guests on REDcard benefits and all the ways the guest can save, pay and shop through digital tools and services.

Last edited:
Edit: Here is a copy of part of the job description that you accepted:

Educate guests on REDcard benefits and all the ways the guest can save, pay and shop through digital tools and services.

Even if you could keep a guest hostage long enough, there is no way you can go over ALL of the ways a guest can save, pay, and shop though digital tools & services. And if you could somehow, the guest will give you a bad survey score and then you'll be in trouble for that.

Uggh. When watching the 4 self check outs, we are now required to go up to at least half of the guests and start asking about redcards and try to get them to sign up.
o_O So far my attempts have been unsuccessful.

I get the most red cards in my store. I am still getting somewhat decent hours and the others are getting severely cut!

Even if you could keep a guest hostage long enough, there is no way you can go over ALL of the ways a guest can save, pay, and shop though digital tools & services. And if you could somehow, the guest will give you a bad survey score and then you'll be in trouble for that.
I do it every day , and have not had any issues with my cashiers doing the same

I didn't get a red card today or yesterday and it's really frustrating. I give the big talk I see people with the checks ( pray that they want one) and they get irritated that I'm even asking them. I honestly wish I could say spot is nagging us to get so many red cards a day so would you kindly sign up for one please? Maybe that approach would work and they'd have pity for me lol

I didn't get a red card today or yesterday and it's really frustrating. I give the big talk I see people with the checks ( pray that they want one) and they get irritated that I'm even asking them. I honestly wish I could say spot is nagging us to get so many red cards a day so would you kindly sign up for one please? Maybe that approach would work and they'd have pity for me lol

It happens, there is plenty of luck when it comes to red cards. They might already have one.

Dont beg, they will think its pathetic. I kindly let people know I have to ask and they understand.

Guess who sits on the Board of Directors for Target Corp? The CEO of Wells Fargo. The same high pressure sales tactics along with the same unspoken (sometimes spoken), threat of loosing your job if you don't perform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back