Archived First Look: Target's 'Store of the Future' Launches in California

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not seeing that, very inconsistent batches day to day. Bad days where batches are huge we are finding that the truck wasn't pushed right, or it was reset and POG lazied out. But a lot of days we are counting the same things over and over.. I am seeing it point out a lot of places people screw up when stocking. But its not filling the floor..

And to add we had hours reduced. So on weekends where the rig count is 400 you at by yourself. No help and you have to pray the batches aren't big cause who the fuck knows if sales floor actually pushes to the spots you need cause you won't have time t fill end caps from the home. So you shot it for the end cap, the next day home is over stocked by the amount you pulled yesterday. End cap still empty. Except in rare cases where a really good TM does a push for you. Cause he/she has equipment and checks.

We are not seeing that, very inconsistent batches day to day. Bad days where batches are huge we are finding that the truck wasn't pushed right, or it was reset and POG lazied out. But a lot of days we are counting the same things over and over.. I am seeing it point out a lot of places people screw up when stocking. But its not filling the floor..
That's not the fault of the rollout though. Whatever's happening with the truck should be fixed, same with POG issues. There's probably a reason the same things are coming up. Make sure capacity is right because I think another RIG trigger is when items get pulled then backstocked later with the same quantity.

That's not the fault of the rollout though. Whatever's happening with the truck should be fixed, same with POG issues. There's probably a reason the same things are coming up. Make sure capacity is right because I think another RIG trigger is when items get pulled then backstocked later with the same quantity.

And where are the hours and equipment for people to actually know what capacity is when they stock? POG what a joke set and forget, truck? Again cram shit out and In Stocks will fix it..

I just count what they want me to count, and skip what is f'd up.. I ain't got time to fix it with 400 rigs and me myself and I to scan them.

Changing the in stocks process isn't going to fix a broken replenishment process.

I get why they are tripping the same items over and over.. But honestly we can't pull off every thing that is over capacity. We would need another 5 people to handle the volume. Cause now we change it, stuff goes backstock and comes back out on the autos and we pull it again - wash rinse repeat..

And where are the hours and equipment for people to actually know what capacity is when they stock? POG what a joke set and forget, truck? Again cram shit out and In Stocks will fix it..

I just count what they want me to count, and skip what is f'd up.. I ain't got time to fix it with 400 rigs and me myself and I to scan them.

Changing the in stocks process isn't going to fix a broken replenishment process.
Not with that attitude.

Capacity usually comes down to common sense. Is this item full while still being shoppable and without ruining the space designated for other item? That's the capacity. You don't need equipment to see that, you need team members that have been educated on capacity and how not sticking to it can screw up all the process areas.

Well that is the attitude I am dealing with.. I have talked til I am blue in the face. Now I pick on things that are safety issues like the attached picture and let most of the rest go. It is a fight I will not win.

Attachments

• WP_20160518_08_56_46_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160518_08_56_46_Pro.jpg
    920.4 KB · Views: 74
I love this concept! I doubt we will get at my store anytime soon since we literally got Pfresh a year ago ( little late to the party lol) Knowing my store we probably wouldn't get it until 4 years from now..........

The more I think about this, the more I don't understand it. I get the idea behind it. I like it and think it adds value. What I don't understand is such a small scope for testing. California, as awesome as it is, is a step child of the USA. Shoppers in California tend to have more money. Testing out an upper class style in an upper class state does not equate to testing in other real world tests. Why not scatter out the pilots across numerous states so you can have an accurate feel on sales changes, traffic patterns, etc? Payroll?

It's like testing a lot of the gluten free food in California. It will sell well there. In the Midwest? Not so much.

LOL so true.........Different markets things work perfectly well and they test them somewhere else it winds up on the clearance shelf with people wondering why didn't that sell?? Put a test store in LA, NYC, IL , FLA So you cover Midwest, South, East Coast, West Coast.

Pfresh- Lets add wood and new lights
Guest Service - Lets make it look like a movie theater snack bar(why is this not at food ave)
Performance - Lets take the fitness stuff from outdoors and put it with, the actual workout clothes!

:rolleyes:

I like it all except for the candy at guest service. It seems cheesy to me
If the candy was in a glass case... to finally stop them filthy employees from taking a KitKat on break lol wouldn't surprise me

Probably not, except covering up sections to do the work. This concept would fit into my district perfectly.

The more I think about this, the more I don't understand it. I get the idea behind it. I like it and think it adds value. What I don't understand is such a small scope for testing. California, as awesome as it is, is a step child of the USA. Shoppers in California tend to have more money. Testing out an upper class style in an upper class state does not equate to testing in other real world tests. Why not scatter out the pilots across numerous states so you can have an accurate feel on sales changes, traffic patterns, etc? Payroll?

It's like testing a lot of the gluten free food in California. It will sell well there. In the Midwest? Not so much.

They said they did it because they wanted an accurate sense of changes in an entire market. The test is not just focused on impacts within a single store, but how they can leverage store experiences to online traffic. Essentially they want to see not only the impact of all 25 stores in LA on their own sales, but how they impact the online sales of an entire city.

Actually 35 stores across LA are is a pretty decent range. There are some really low income areas, a surprising amount of rural farm towns, very racially segregated areas and the middle, upper classes that you see most on tv. Demographically, it is not as good as an actual cross country test, but it is still more varied within a few miles of each other than most other states with in the same geographical range.

Yeah our store did not get the remodel I sure wish we did because our store needs a makeover bad! They do certain areas wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back