Archived First Look: Target's 'Store of the Future' Launches in California

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel sorry for anyone dealing with guests trying to use our web site. I'm not sure which is worse, the web site or the gift registry. They will spend most of their time apologizing.

Guest Service should have a map where to find things in the store. They should also install a screen where guests can order things online in the store to ship to them or have it shipped to store.

Maps will come in an app, we are testing that in a bit..

Guest Service should have a map where to find things in the store.

We had paper maps at my store for a year or so after our P-Fresh remodel, but I haven't seen them since.

If you search for an item on the Target app and it's available in your selected store, you can bring up a map showing where the aisle location is. But that doesn't do much for the guests without smart phones.

They should also install a screen where guests can order things online in the store to ship to them or have it shipped to store.

This would've been an excellent idea for stores with the home innovation remodel. You could see the items together in a nicely merchandised display, then pick out your own colors and order online. You could even have them shipped to the store so you could pick them up during your next Target run.

2e666851-1cf4-11e6-81b3-2d1ffb0b87ec.jpg

Could they make the Guest Service sign any smaller? I bet 9/10 guests walk up and ask where is customer service.

Back to guest service....I'm concerned by how small that area looks.
It's exactly the same size as before.

..the big hannaford grocery near me just remodeled to similar pallet/ produce field case looking fixtures...wondering if this is a trend?
My grocery store has those types of displays for years. It definitely gives a more upscale feeling to it.

Maps will come in an app, we are testing that in a bit..
We are talking about the same guests who can't use the chip reader correctly and follow directions. When I have a guest ask me where something is located and I am not exactly sure of the location, I will pull up the item online to find the location.

Could they make the Guest Service sign any smaller? I bet 9/10 guests walk up and ask where is customer service.

My grocery store has those types of displays for years. It definitely gives a more upscale feeling to it.

I'll take the leds though. Heard some stores are getting solar panels....I like it.

We got solar like 2 years ago. I don't think they changed the actual lights, though. The store lighting went from super bright to dim and dreary which, I don't think is the fault of the solar itself, but something they chose to do when they made the change.

We are talking about the same guests who can't use the chip reader correctly and follow directions. When I have a guest ask me where something is located and I am not exactly sure of the location, I will pull up the item online to find the location.

I know. Sorry just a pilot we are going to pilot. Along with the Rig only task list, which has so far pointed out the exact issues we have been telling them about for years at this point. Shelves empty and most of it backstocked from the truck. And almost none redlined either..

Target's shifting its focus to online and wants its stores to reflect that. Hence, "Guest Service" becomes "Order Pickup". They are saying who they value as custom--I mean, guests.

I'm in the area and loving the remodel. There's some additional areas that received makeovers- Starbucks, the check lanes, signs. Everything looks so much more fresh, clean, and modern. I don't feel like the candy in guest service is selling as well as they expected though.

Could you snap some pictures, or does anyone know of any pictures, of the remodeled starbucks, checklanes and signs?

Also, do these stores have the digital price labels in the Minneapolis stores as well?

Wait. What is this RIGS only task list of which you speak? You mean on weekends?

No try 400 Rigs everyday.. Or 350 on a weekend by yourself.. Testing something that researching less will still fill the floor and inventory numbers but its already fucked since the inventory before this foolishness was bad the inventory after is going to be bad.. so fail before it started..

No try 400 Rigs everyday.. Or 350 on a weekend by yourself.. Testing something that researching less will still fill the floor and inventory numbers but its already fucked since the inventory before this foolishness was bad the inventory after is going to be bad.. so fail before it started..
We had the guys from corporate running this test in our store earlier this week. Its working well in our store and from what they said, a lot of other stores are doing well with it too.

I'll bet when the myDevices were in pilot they said the same thing about them, too.

Never believe anything someone from corporate says.

Its probably what they said about the old pull system too (every hour from 11-6, 4-6 being the heaviest). That was one of the worst systems ever, and I spent most of my 4Q pulling in the backroom because we would constantly roll (and be running those pulls till almost 8pm).

I would say the ideas coming out of corporate now are better than pre-CEO change. My hopes are high.

How exactly does this new instocks process differ from the old one? We usually have one instocks TM work the task list every week day and then work pulls when finished. AFAIK nothing is done on weekends. Would the new process cause a heavier workload for instocks? For the backroom?

How exactly does this new instocks process differ from the old one? We usually have one instocks TM work the task list every week day and then work pulls when finished. AFAIK nothing is done on weekends. Would the new process cause a heavier workload for instocks? For the backroom?
Instead of combing through a couple of sections each day, they're now dependent on what's called RIGs. They're basically items that the system thinks may have a bad floor count due to no sales, burned batches, and things like that. Where they used to get around 50 per day, they're now getting around 400.

From what I've seen, the system is sending them to problem items accurately. Priorities are large now and there's often 2+ left by the time the 2 or 3 of them are off. At the end of the day, that's good because it means that product is making it to the floor that otherwise might not.

Instead of combing through a couple of sections each day, they're now dependent on what's called RIGs. They're basically items that the system thinks may have a bad floor count due to no sales, burned batches, and things like that. Where they used to get around 50 per day, they're now getting around 400.

From what I've seen, the system is sending them to problem items accurately. Priorities are large now and there's often 2+ left by the time the 2 or 3 of them are off. At the end of the day, that's good because it means that product is making it to the floor that otherwise might not.

We are not seeing that, very inconsistent batches day to day. Bad days where batches are huge we are finding that the truck wasn't pushed right, or it was reset and POG lazied out. But a lot of days we are counting the same things over and over.. I am seeing it point out a lot of places people screw up when stocking. But its not filling the floor..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back