Archived First NCNS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been with target 3 and a half years and have never had a NCNS. For some reason i thought I was off today, I went online to check the new schedule only to see I was supposed to work this morning. I completely forgot and I am kicking myself for it. How bad do you guys think it’ll be when I go in? I can’t imagine they’d fire me for one mistake in over 3 years but I’m nervous

Some leaders are more serious about it than others. My leaders understand everyone makes mistakes, as long as we call or show up later they don’t hold it against you. It still affects attendance of course though.

Thanks for the responses guys, eased my mind!
AT this point, I wouldn’t call. When you go in, if they mention it, act all surprised and apologize profusely. Tell them you had absolutely no idea. If you already have a stellar record there with attendance and performance, they’d probably forgive you or give a verbal reprimand. Nothing too extreme.

At my store they wouldn’t care about one NCNS, if only because they don’t have to pay you. I had an accidental NCNS a couple years back and after talking to the STL the next day and explaining that I misread the grid, he said he would take me off the schedule so it wouldn’t count as an absence. MUCH easier to be taken off the schedule than put on it, it’s Target after all.

Agreeing with the others... if your reputation there is good, one time shouldn't worry you.
I've been here several years and I had it happen once last winter because our power briefly went out sometime in the middle of the night and the battery backup on my alarm clock failed, so I didn't wake up until about two hours after I was supposed to be at work. I called as soon as I woke up and went in as soon as I could. ETL said they were still supposed to mark it as NCNS because I didn't make it before the two-hour time limit, but he was going to see what he could do about getting it removed from my record because it wasn't really my fault and they know I would never just not show up.

If you’re not having other issues re: performance and attendance, don’t stress it. One NCNS, you go on a Corrective Action (CA) Don’t do it again for 6months-1year and you’re fine. Might impact your 2020 performance review, but unlikely. It happens!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back