Archived First time cancelling shift???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings:
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to read my post, I greatly appreciate it.

So I am currently a senior at a university and also a cart attendant/cashier at my Target back home. I have been networking with a few employers for potential internships and have set up a time to meet with a recruiter this Friday (informational interview). I thought she was going to be in the company's headquarters, but it turns out she's 92 minutes away from headquarters and from my Target as well. I set up to meet with her from 11:30 to noon. I am scheduled to cashier at 1:30 that same day. Therefore I would have to:
(1) Call LOD and say I'll be an hour late
Or:
(2) Cancel the interview with the recruiter so I don't stress out LOD

Which option should I go for?
Here's some background on my team member status if it helps:

Hired in June 2017, started working in July. 0 absences, covered for 3 NCNS, consistently took up staying later than scheduled. I don't want to disappoint my team, but I'm not sure if I should look bad now to network with someone in a company I want to work for post-graduation, or just cancel it and come to work like nothing was planned? Thank you in advance for your responses, I greatly appreciate it.

better late than never. Don't worry about stressing your LOD, just do your best. You need to score this interview. As long as you call in and let them know you're gonna be an hour or so late, then they should be okay with it.

Talk with your TL, see if you can get the shift pushed forward by that hour or so.

Think about this. Looking back in 5 years, what would the right choice be? Literally, anyone in the building can cashier. Not everyone is good at it, but any warm body can fill in for you.

You're a cashier / CA. You're not LOD, Starbucks, Food Avenue or SFS. They'll survive.

Never cancel potential better and professional employment.

Put the shift on your Swap Shift Board or make arrangements with your leadership.

Just tell them its a school thing you need to attend.

Call them before you go in for your interview and let them know that you might be an hour late.

Call in late. Hands down.

I've made some mistakes in my life about being too loyal to an employer. Don't ditch a good internship interview over a cashier shift. Just don't.

You've still got a couple days. Talk to your TL tomorrow so they have time to make adjustments.

Don't tell them you''re interviewing. They might cut your hours for seeking better employment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back