Archived First time Cashier, any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread may help you.
Anyone here deal with mental illness?
You are not alone.
Thank you. Ive never been diagnosed. Just know how I feel, but it will help to read that when I start getting stressed out. :)

If your store has ship from store, it may be worthwhile to ask about getting trained for that. That's one of the more isolated positions in the store and if your store is anything like mine right now, they'll definitely be looking for TMs for SFS during Q4. Essentially you fill one of two roles. Picking, which is running around the store looking for specific items, and packing preparing those items for shipping. If you're picking and on the floor, you're expected to help guests that require it, but not actively seek guests. If you're packing, you're tucked away in the back and usually rocking out. :) Really not a bad gig.
That sounds like one of the most peaceful jobs there is cx lel would be lucky to get that

Yeah, with cashier you encounter new things on every other shift so you learn from your mistakes. I know I have with coupons, gift cards, gift receipts, barcodes etc lol. I still have trouble opening some spiderwraps. My social anxiety gets so bad my brain kind of shuts down for a moment. Gah. However it's helping me to cope bit by bit

Lucky you! At my store we have a quota of 30 redcards per day and trust me, corporate wants you to sell those redcards. It's one of the reasons why I decided not to apply as cashier, I suck at selling and persuading people.
Uhh, 30 redcards a day or week?

Uhh, 30 redcards a day or week?

30 redcards a day! We are lucky to get any sometimes however there's a cashier who always gets redcards when he's on shift so the LoD is always like "alright team, lets try to meet our daily goal of 30 redcards! You can do it!" When he's not working we usually get none. But cashiers are always pressured to get them....there's always someome from management who buys something on the lanes and asks each cashier how many we have sold.

Last edited:
30 redcards a day! We are lucky to get any sometimes however there's a cashier who always gets redcards when he's on shift so the LoD is always like "alright team, lets try to meet our daily goal of 30 redcards! You can do it!" When he's not working we usually get none. But cashiers are always pressured to get them....there's always someome from management who buys something on the lanes and asks each cashier how many we have sold.
It might just be im at a small store, but our weekly goal is under 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back