Archived FitBit offer for Target TMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm apparently not eligible because I'm a "contingent employee" ...ooookay. We get the same employee discount and perks unlike mobile so I figured we were golden. Bummed!
That's too bad. Though I'm surprised you were able to reach someone who actually knew what they were talking about and answered in a timely manner.

Do they require a signature upon delivery? For some reason, mine was marked online as "delivery attempt failed" today when I wasn't home. And the postman actually checked with me just a few days ago to make sure it was ok to leave packages at my door instead of taking them up to the office.

A cheat for steps, find something that vibrates a lot. Attach or hang your Fitbit to it. You can put it on your dog's or cat collar too:)

It would be nearly impossible to check the validity of steps for this challenge. What people do outside of the store is out of Targets evaluation. Plus, is their any explicit rule saying you can not share fitbits with friends and family? If not and one did put one on a cat or something and was confronted about insanely high steps one could say a friend(s) borrowed it. Doubt they would really investigate any further than the TM...

Send it to me!

I'm still waiting for my order, going into three weeks now...

Bastardos!

It would be nearly impossible to check the validity of steps for this challenge. What people do outside of the store is out of Targets evaluation. Plus, is their any explicit rule saying you can not share fitbits with friends and family? If not and one did put one on a cat or something and was confronted about insanely high steps one could say a friend(s) borrowed it. Doubt they would really investigate any further than the TM...
As long as you stay around your average steps, you should be ok. We do have days off where there is a reduction of steps. There is no known rules against it, I have seen yet. But, your numbers should higher than most folks, because you ride a bike(awesome). The key numbers for me are from 5k(day off) to 15k(8 hours at spot). My 2nd job is on wellness with Fitbit program for over 2 years. I get 20% off the insurance & 100.00 cash every year, because of it.

I'm still waiting for mine. They probably sent it to the wrong address...

As long as you stay around your average steps, you should be ok. We do have days off where there is a reduction of steps. There is no known rules against it, I have seen yet. But, your numbers should higher than most folks, because you ride a bike(awesome). The key numbers for me are from 5k(day off) to 15k(8 hours at spot). My 2nd job is on wellness with Fitbit program for over 2 years. I get 20% off the insurance & 100.00 cash every year, because of it.

16k-18k steps is my average when scheduled under SFS for an 8hr shift. Unfortunately I'm stationary for 3-4 of those hours packing. I know my shifting around while in place still count as steps but imagine I could easily reach 22k-24.5k steps were I still BR.

I'm so bummed, I missed it by 3 days. I was offered the position before the 14th but didn't have orientation / get an employee number until after. Do these promos happen often?

16k-18k steps is my average when scheduled under SFS for an 8hr shift. Unfortunately I'm stationary for 3-4 of those hours packing. I know my shifting around while in place still count as steps but imagine I could easily reach 22k-24.5k steps were I still BR.
Just put the Fitbit on your shoe lace:)

What strikes me funny is how folks will do whatever they can to add to their step count (clipping it to the dog's collar at the park, clipping it to the toddler on the trampoline, leaving it on the washer during a spin cycle with towels) but that's to be expected when we'd game the store's metrics to be green.

What strikes me funny is how folks will do whatever they can to add to their step count (clipping it to the dog's collar at the park, clipping it to the toddler on the trampoline, leaving it on the washer during a spin cycle with towels) but that's to be expected when we'd game the store's metrics to be green.

I let my little brother wear mine to the track once lol. That was before the target thing. I was cheating against my friends. I... don't actually care about this target challenge.

I've only been using my Fit Bit for a few days at work. So far I only get around 17,000 steps and walk just shy of 8 miles during each 4-hour flow shift. I'm sure that'll go up as the holidays approach.

I guarantee you that you didn't walk 8 miles. Those things aren't accurate worth a ding-dang...

They weren't walking 8 miles, that's for sure.

It's about 2,000 steps to a mile, so 10,000 steps to fives miles and and 16,000 to eight.

As a BRTM getting steps will be easy enough. Unfortunately I ride my bike to work everyday so I don't know if my pedaling will register as steps. If I walked instead I'd estimate at least 124 miles from the commute alone in a month.

It won't track your cycling distance. However, if you have the Charge HR, it will track your increased heart-rate, and if you have either Charge, the built-in altimeter will give you credit for any hills you climb. I have a "Hors Categorie" climb of 7% grade on the way home that my FitBit considers equivalent to climbing 20 flights of stairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back