Archived FitBit offer for Target TMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered mine yesterday, getting it next week.
Since I've lost a lot of weight since I started working cart attendant 7 months ago I don't think I need the fitbit as I can just look at myself in the mirror to notice the difference.
Oh well, free is free.

Last edited:
Somewhat related-

Apple Watch is Coming to Target!

Very cool. I have one and it's very useful.

The POG officially sets the second/third week of October, but stores are being asked to flex out whatever product is available, as it's available, with iPods/iPads.

So, those chomping at the bit; can get their Watches in store; pretty much now (well, if your store has any in stock).

No lie, sitting on the work bench joking with a team member, I took like 70 steps.. must have been from laughing lol.

I wonder what Spot is thinking giving them away like this?

By using your employee# and downloading the app as well as signing the confidentiality release it allows a simple program to be created that monitors movement during work hours. Man-hours have been cut to the bone the last few years future cuts will be most efficient if tied to knowledge of what employees are most efficient. Don't believe me. Ask you store manager and watch their eyes when they deny it. What do you think was one of the keynotes of the recent managers conferences.

After cutting so much from employee benefits.... vacation stealing.... removing distressed TM assistance.... removing Red Card school donations. Free stuff increases employee morale. A quick deal with fitbit and a million dollar charitable contribution also help by creating an actual cost vs retail cost comparison situation that will artificially inflate charitable contributions for fitbit as well as target.

Which is the biggest problem I have with the device. Because it calls that movement, "steps". SO I can walk apparently thousands of miles, without even leaving Guest Service. That's all from just moving my arms. So it makes it look like i've made some sort of progress to a healthy life....but I haven't. I'm pessimistic if steps = effort. Sure, even if I moved 10,000 steps, if I don't break a sweat even once, is it really that beneficial, and thus, worth calculating?
You had mention that you had returned it.
I asked for return authorization for my fitbit. :( I mean, I guess it's cool...but...i mean all it really is, is a glorified pedometer. Glad I got to test it out.

Target NPC, Monday at 7:01 AM

You stated that you had return your Fitbit & now you say are using one.

You seriously think I didn't test it out before deciding to return it? How else do you think I decided to return it?

How can you talk about something you don't have anymore. You had tested it & return it.

Don't be stupid. I can still have an opinion on something I don't own. Excuse me for elaborating on my thoughts and confusion about whether or not a FitBit is actually useful, or if it's mechanics make any sense or are practical for monitoring physical activity.

Don't be stupid. I can still have an opinion on something I don't own. Excuse me for elaborating on my thoughts and confusion about whether or not a FitBit is actually useful, or if it's mechanics make any sense or are practical for monitoring physical activity.
Now, stop with name calling, please. Fitbit is a free option given by spot to their tm's. We will see the real details when the program starts on October 14. There several other devices that do same thing & should be allowed by spot when the program starts.

Now, stop with name calling, please. Fitbit is a free option given by spot to their tm's. We will see the real details when the program starts on October 14. There several other devices that do same thing & should be allowed by spot when the program starts.

Please, If I said, "Don't be beautiful" you wouldn't tell me to stop name calling. Also, I didn't call you a name, I simply stated your actions where that of a stupid one!

I'd be interested in a FitBit-esque type device if it monitored actual heart rate, and could somehow calculate effort. When it comes to the fitbit (specifically the flex) I'll remain a skeptic. It seems to work better as a placebo/reminder to make better health choices.

You gotta look at active minutes more than steps if you want more info on effort vs general movement. Active minutes require more intensity in the movement and it only counts toward active minutes if it detects it for a min of 10 minutes. So the active minute section tells you more about effort than just looking at steps. Also, the app and it's other functions (water tracking, food and workout tracking) are really more useful than the fitbit alone, but I mean, you can use any other app for those functions.

When mine arrives, I'm gonna sit in a chair and fart... see what happens!

Which is the biggest problem I have with the device. Because it calls that movement, "steps". SO I can walk apparently thousands of miles, without even leaving Guest Service. That's all from just moving my arms. So it makes it look like i've made some sort of progress to a healthy life....but I haven't. I'm pessimistic if steps = effort. Sure, even if I moved 10,000 steps, if I don't break a sweat even once, is it really that beneficial, and thus, worth calculating?
I talked about this with my GSA, who's very into fitness and has had a fitbit for a while. Her perspective (that I agree with) is that even when you're just scanning stuff, you're still moving. As long as you're not flailing about for no reason you're still being active, and thus it 'counts'. Its like suggesting when flow throws stuff off the trucks, it's not really 'active' cause they're not walking about.

You can also change the main goal from 'steps' to 'calories'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back