Archived FitBit offer for Target TMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
A mental note on zip. You need to buy a battery when it the battery dies. Flex, charge, hr charge, & surge have rechargeable batteries. Spot forgot to tell you that fact.

A mental note on zip. You need to buy a battery when it the battery dies. Flex, charge, hr charge, & surge have rechargeable batteries. Spot forgot to tell you that fact.
I would forget to charge it just like I forgot to press the button to signal I was sleeping on my last device. I also had a Nike watch and if you asked me where the charger was I couldn't tell you.

I lost it at work. I tried retracing my steps and syncing it with my phone (since if it syncs, it's nearby) but no luck. I'm going to contact Fitbit and maybe check our lost & found tomorrow.

There's a fitbit finder app available on the apple App Store. I've found my previous fit bit by using that app before.

Return fraud.

Yeah it's going to end pretty badly.

I wonder how many people will go a step further and return just the band, and keep the device. Or only return one of the bands. I had no idea the devices were separate from the band, or that they came with a small and large. I can only imagine how many people have pulled shady returns on these things over the years, and I was none the wiser. They don't prompt for SN's so I never thought to open them...

Since I can't use my smartwatch at my new job, my buddy gave me his FitBit Zip. So, uh... thanks Target!

Pro Tip for Zip users - Place in your sock for accurate reading :)

fitbitsteps9_25.png

I'm getting the hr for my mom lol. Then probably keep her charge. That's how I got my flex. I wait for my mom to upgrade. I wanted to get a smart watch (moto 360 2nd gen in rose gold ) but my friends all use fit bit... And well, peer pressure.

In retrospect I should have gotten something higher than the Flex so I could have my heartrate monitored or whatever but I'm pretty okay what I have now and can always upgrade later. Still a little bugged by it counting me throwing boxes around as steps but eh, I figure its about the same level of activity as moving my legs. So in a way its still accurately tracking my activity.

But what really gets me is now I feel so damn lazy on my day off. Never quite realized how little I move around until now.

I wear my flex on my belt loop because folding shirt movements count as steps, too. But considering how many people lose them from their pants, maybe don't do that haha. I think as long as you're consistent in where you wear it, it still gives you a good idea of your activity levels.

In retrospect I should have gotten something higher than the Flex so I could have my heartrate monitored or whatever but I'm pretty okay what I have now and can always upgrade later. Still a little bugged by it counting me throwing boxes around as steps but eh, I figure its about the same level of activity as moving my legs. So in a way its still accurately tracking my activity.

But what really gets me is now I feel so damn lazy on my day off. Never quite realized how little I move around until now.

You do realize a thrown box is a movement, think movement not steps. It counts man, that is a lot of energy you are using. It counts.

You do realize a thrown box is a movement, think movement not steps. It counts man, that is a lot of energy you are using. It counts.
Oh yeah, that's what I've come to realize. It just bugs me that they keep tracking it as "steps" instead of some more specific term.

Oh yeah, that's what I've come to realize. It just bugs me that they keep tracking it as "steps" instead of some more specific term.
Buy a second one and use one on your arm and the other on your leg.

Buy a second one and use one on your arm and the other on your leg.

My mom had this idea. She wants me to wear one on my wrist and one on my pants to see how big the difference is lol. She has two charges (band broke, it still functions, but they didn't make her send it back when they replaced it) that I'll use but I probably won't do it until she gets her new fit bit. I wouldn't wanna use flex and charge because I feel like I shouldn't have too many variables or whatever the proper science word is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back